Getting the call!

Old Apr 15th 2012, 11:28 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting the call!

Originally Posted by Pomster
I think grief affects you in strange ways. At the moment I am flicking from tears and sadness to laughing at nothing.

It is reassuring to know he passed quickly- my mother died on Thursday and I truly wish it had been swift, but sadly not. You will never have to wonder if you father was in pain and you should take comfort from that.

Take care of yourself and allow yourself plenty of time to grieve.

xxx
Thank you and yes I do take comfort from it. I am sorry to hear also of your mothers passing and I hope that the end, as hard as it is, brings you some sense of relief that she is now at peace. Big hugs. xxx
Old Apr 15th 2012, 11:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting the call!

Originally Posted by ponyrama

We make our decisions to leave our loved ones behind in search of our dreams and we pay the consequences for those decisions. I know my Dad was so proud of my decision to try and better myself and my life by moving half way around the world and whilst the distance is hard to conquer, the love we had for each other is just as strong despite the miles.
To be honest, even if you'd have lived next door, you wouldn't have had the chance to say what you wanted to say because of the circumstances. I was with my dad the night before he died. There was so much I felt I hadn't said the following morning but no one says them because they don't believe, or want to believe they won't have another chance. Don't beat yourself up over living your life, and don't feel guilt. Take care.