Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Geelong and Adelaide

Geelong and Adelaide

Old Feb 2nd 2017, 6:17 am
Just Joined

Margaret4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Geelong and Adelaide

can anyone advise me of decent areas to live in Geelong and decent suburbs in Adelaide , thanks in advance We don't need to be near schools , yaaaaay we are now past that stage
I can trade advice about Mellie if needed as lived here 10 years come April now 😳
Thanks all
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Geelong and Adelaide

Originally Posted by Margaret4
can anyone advise me of decent areas to live in Geelong and decent suburbs in Adelaide , thanks in advance We don't need to be near schools , yaaaaay we are now past that stage
I can trade advice about Mellie if needed as lived here 10 years come April now 😳
Thanks all
If you have the money I'd definitely say on or near Eastern beach if Geelong; or perhaps up on the hills - Belmont, Manifold Heights etc.

https://www.homely.com.au/geelong-gr...-young-familiy

https://www.homely.com.au/search/sub...arwon-victoria
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Thanks OT, we're defo not
loaded but in a much better position than when we left killie 10 years ago, now planning how we can slow down a bit

Last edited by Margaret4; Feb 2nd 2017 at 10:44 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks OT, we're defo not
loaded but in a much better position than when we left killie 10 years ago, now planning how we can slow down a bit
One of our favourite houses sits on Eastern Beach almost overlooking the fountain and it has a Scottish connection - believe it or not it was put together from prefabricated sections brought out from Scotland. Alas was on the market for over $5mill 5 years ago!!

https://www.domain.com.au/news/histo...0120824-24rc3/

Old Feb 3rd 2017, 5:23 am
Just Joined

I'll take it lol
Old Feb 5th 2017, 12:02 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all
What sort of area are you looking for? Beach, hills, city? Access to transport links? Suburb or country?

I'm in Adelaide so can give you an idea, but really need to know what sort of thing you are looking for to give you an idea. Budget of course will help too!
Old Feb 5th 2017, 1:06 am
Just Joined

Thanks Rasem , beach would be nice ! Would rent first of all ! I'm getting g restless and planning my next move but weighing up the options , getting long service leave this year so gives me an advantage
Old Feb 5th 2017, 9:11 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rasem , beach would be nice ! Would rent first of all ! I'm getting g restless and planning my next move but weighing up the options , getting long service leave this year so gives me an advantage
Budget will probably be the deciding factor then, and how close you want to be to the city.

If you have a healthy budget, then Henley Beach, Grange, Sempahore, West Lakes are nice areas. I would personally stay away from Glenelg as it's a bit touristy for me. Henley Beach square is a nice vibrant area.

Further south and more affordable, Brighton and Seacliff are lovely and if you are wiling to be a few streets from the beach, then they are even more affordable. Brighton in particular has a nice cafe scene with independent boutique shops

Port Noarlunga is nice and has a vibrant arts scene with quite regular festivals, markets etc. Christies Beach has had a reputation in the past, but there are nice areas there. If you go much further south, Willunga is lovely and has an award winning restaurant in the Star of Greece.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Borderlord is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

My partner and I are moving to Adelaide this August, as she has secured a job in one of the hospitals.

Where is the best place in the city to live for two young professionals with no kids?
Old Apr 7th 2017, 10:20 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Borderlord
Hi Guys,

My partner and I are moving to Adelaide this August, as she has secured a job in one of the hospitals.

Where is the best place in the city to live for two young professionals with no kids?
What hospital will she be working at?
Old Apr 7th 2017, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
What hospital will she be working at?
It will be the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 10:28 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

The new one I assume? This is locate on North Terrace, so if you are looking for something close, you will want to be either in the city itself, North Adelaide, or perhaps the western suburbs.

Much will depend on your budget.

If you like to be near to bars, places to eat etc, you could look here Brougham Place

Great location, near to the city, close to Festival Centre, spitting distance to the beautiful Adelaide Oval and on one of the main streets in North Adelaide for bars, restaurants etc. the RAH would probably be a 15-20 min walk away but the tram goes right along North Terrace, so that would shorten it.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 10:33 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

As that's in the CBD, you can probably live in a lot of suburbs depending on what you like to do, what sort of commute time you want, etc.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
As that's in the CBD, you can probably live in a lot of suburbs depending on what you like to do, what sort of commute time you want, etc.

Well I suppose We would like to be near the city life, close to work, bars, nightlife and the businesses. We would be on a combined income of around $9k a month.
Old Apr 10th 2017, 8:55 pm

Well I suppose We would like to be near the city life, close to work, bars, nightlife and the businesses. We would be on a combined income of around $9k a month.
North Adelaide, suggested by Rasen, would probably be a good fit for you both then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.