Wikiposts

Geeks Corner

Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:05 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Geeks Corner

Wooohooo, back on broadband. And bloody fast broadband at that.

The background is, we moved house and Optus told us we could have broadband at the new house. Once we moved in, they told us we couldn't . So.... we got Foxtel, Foxtel have a deal with Telstra to do cable broadband. So we ordered that.

The cable modem arrived, and ADL the uber geek said I can install it myself. No problemo. Actually it wasn't a problem, it did work, What didn't work was the wireless router. Ya see, I don't particularly want the PC beside the TV, so I wanted a wireless router so I could have the PC in a room we designated the 'Office'.

Anyway, 8 hours of messing about with ****** IP addresses, router settings, modem settings and MAC addresses, I've finally got the darn thing to work. Turns out all I had to do was clone the MAC address of the PC onto the router and disable its firewall function. Stupid me The lights on the router still claim it can't connect to the modem, but this post is proof that it can, and it does very very well. About 140Kb a second downloads. Its quite scary, I'm used to having a sup of whatever whilst a page loads, but now its instantaneous. Songs download in about 30 seconds.

So anyway, I'm back, and 4 times as fast
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:37 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future
Default Re: Geeks Corner

It can be a pain in the arse, for future readers, note that Belkin do a FREE technical support for there wireless routers, what a god send.
Have been constantly on the phone to indian call centres.... but they fixed it
Shaun
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:49 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Geeks Corner

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Songs download in about 30 seconds.
o you naughty person
haveyou tried torrentspy