Wikiposts

Gas curling tongs

Old Apr 17th 2009, 10:26 pm
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all
Default Gas curling tongs

This is prob a stupid question but can you take gas curling tongs on a plane, i'm usless with anything less,

Last edited by nanny2six; Apr 17th 2009 at 10:41 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Gas curling tongs

no,unless the tongs are minus the gas cartridge!! i brought back gas tongs(no cartridges) last year with me.banned substance (gas) on flights and also in containers (furniture coming over) so gas cartridges are a no no.cant get gas cartridges anywhere in perth metro that i found.my hairdresser hadnt even heard of them,we live in regional wa 4hour drive from perth.just have to use electric ones.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 1:43 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Just a mention to you aasmith, I walked for seemingly miles traipsing about to find a gas cartridge for my mum in law and no one seemd to know anything about them BUT we did have success in the end in Rockingham shopping centre so if you still need some gas...
Old Apr 18th 2009, 3:10 am
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
no,unless the tongs are minus the gas cartridge!! i brought back gas tongs(no cartridges) last year with me.banned substance (gas) on flights and also in containers (furniture coming over) so gas cartridges are a no no.cant get gas cartridges anywhere in perth metro that i found.my hairdresser hadnt even heard of them,we live in regional wa 4hour drive from perth.just have to use electric ones.
Thank you so much, i wouldn't like to blow the plane up, Electric tongs it is
Old Apr 18th 2009, 3:12 am
Who's the nanny?

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Just a mention to you aasmith, I walked for seemingly miles traipsing about to find a gas cartridge for my mum in law and no one seemd to know anything about them BUT we did have success in the end in Rockingham shopping centre so if you still need some gas...
Thank you, i will take them minus the gas and head to Rockingham
Old Apr 18th 2009, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

Just curious but why would you want to curl gas?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 3:32 am
Who's the nanny?

Originally Posted by MartinH
Just curious but why would you want to curl gas?
its a girl thing
Old Apr 18th 2009, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

cant get to rockingham would take us 5 1/5 hours?thanks for the info will have to wait until we head back to scotland.cant see being able to send them through australia posthad to do without them this long so can hang on a bit longer.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

I've never heard of gas curling tongs or seen them, so what is better about them than electric?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

oops should have been 5 1/2 hours!!.gas ones heat really quick,no cord to get tangled,move around while doing your hair,could use them to touch up hair while in the car i suppose. if overseas wouldnt need adaptor to plug into socket.still cant fathom that australian(department stores etc)really dont know about them.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:48 am
Who's the nanny?

Originally Posted by kiwinow
I've never heard of gas curling tongs or seen them, so what is better about them than electric?
No cord to get in the way and you can use them anywhere we have been on Emerates site and they say

"Hair curlers containing hydrocarbon gas, one (1) per person or crew member, provided that the safety cover is securely fitted over the heating element, these hair curlers must not be used on board the aircraft at any time,gas refills for such curlers are not permitted in checked or carry-on baggege".