Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Future Uncertain - My experience

Future Uncertain - My experience

Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Future Uncertain - My experience

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The whole family are in India and the wage earner is working in India. There is nothing above board and genuine about receiving benefits from the Australian Government.

Not making a comment about the OP, just stating a fact.

Well since the OP hasn't clarified whether it is truly above board or not, and I was trying to give him the benefit (forgive me for the pun!) of doubt, I am now convinced that the OP is in all purposes and intents is involved in benefit fraud!

Not nice, mister!

OP, you must do the decent thing and stop ripping the Australian Tax payers off!!!

You can't go around claiming Australia is giving you a tough time and at the same time, sponge off it!!!

I am on 457 and have been looking for a job since June 23! And I am happy to say I have found a job and starting work on August 30th!!!

I did countless interviews, chats on the phone and took umpteen tests. In the end it paid off!!

Stop victimising yourself and return the money back!!

Last edited by Syedney; Aug 25th 2010 at 6:49 am. Reason: mistake
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I think he's now in wind up mode so I think we should all just leave him alone, it's really not worth blowing a gasket over. He's one of millions - none of whom I know enough about to dob them in. They'll get theirs eventually. Move on.

hear, hear
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Syedney

I am on 457 and have been looking for a job since June 23! And I am happy to say I have found a job and starting work on August 30th!!!

I did countless interviews, chats on the phone and took umpteen tests. In the end it paid off!!
OMG! What a relief for you
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
OMG! What a relief for you

Yes,Polly, it is. An absolute sheer relief!

We were scraping the proverbial barrel and many times, only the meagre money sent from UK by my mum kept hunger at bay! (Bless her it was her pension and all!).

That's why I got so angry with the OP here and tried to hold back from unleashing my worst...Now, I know I should've let him have it!!

But that's the past now!!!

Looking forward and first, get me a chilled brew!!!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:39 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes,Polly, it is. An absolute sheer relief!

We were scraping the proverbial barrel and many times, only the meagre money sent from UK by my mum kept hunger at bay! (Bless her it was her pension and all!).

That's why I got so angry with the OP here and tried to hold back from unleashing my worst...Now, I know I should've let him have it!!

But that's the past now!!!

Looking forward and first, get me a chilled brew!!!
Lots of them Sye.

Oh and check your karma!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:02 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Lots of them Sye.

Oh and check your karma!
I very pleased with my karma!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I very pleased with my karma!

Thank you all for your KARMA everyone!

Every karma sent has been received gratefully!!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Thank you all for your KARMA everyone!

Every karma sent has been received gratefully!!
lets put the OP on the backburner and turn this into a positive thread.Bloody well done Syedney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats fanastic news.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Shouldn't you have been chucked out of the country by now?

Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Shouldn't you have been chucked out of the country by now?

Since leaving my employer, I was on 4 weeks notice, then the 28 days kicked in which ran out on the 16th August, by which time my new employer's migration agents applied for change of sponsorship and thus I don't think I should have been "chucked" out of the country!!

We always maintained the fact that we will not stay here illegaly ever!

Not just because we have got a beautiful flat in Hove and lots of friends/families back in blighty but because we don't want to compromise our chances of ever applying for future visas.

Effectively, the change of sponsor took just over 7 days!!

Hope this answers your question, Uranus... Sorry that name!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Gypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really niceGypsy. is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Future Uncertain - My experience

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79
Its turning quite interesting, and inner thoughts of different people are coming out. I can understand what kind of opinions you people are having...
To clear my stand I have already written to Centrelink regarding my position and it is upto them to decide what action they have to take.
I want to convey all people that probably you should know that Civil Engineers are amongst best paid people anywhere in the world & 100$ can never lure anyone....
However people are people, really funny...............
It is not quite interesting ... it is turning out dirty. Don't you feel so ?

Is it not better to do the odd jobs rather than stealing tax-payer's money.? What a shame you had caused to the Indian community living in Aus. Being an Indian, I feel like I had been stripped off naked and pelted by stones. Don't you feel so.

After seeing all the messages from other expats... you think that this is funny... SHAME on you...

I don't wonder why Aussies are looking at Indians like a stinking piece of shit...and you cannot call me as a racist as I am an Indian too. What answer do you have for me.

Don't think about come back, please don't spoil Australia.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Since leaving my employer, I was on 4 weeks notice, then the 28 days kicked in which ran out on the 16th August, by which time my new employer's migration agents applied for change of sponsorship and thus I don't think I should have been "chucked" out of the country!!

We always maintained the fact that we will not stay here illegaly ever!

Not just because we have got a beautiful flat in Hove and lots of friends/families back in blighty but because we don't want to compromise our chances of ever applying for future visas.

Effectively, the change of sponsor took just over 7 days!!

Hope this answers your question, Uranus... Sorry that name!
I missed this first time round.

That's good going mate. I was on a 457 as well and while I never really felt at any point that my job was at risk, that nagging doubt around the 28 days and out you go threat, did linger in the thoughts from time to time.
It was never a pleasant thought.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:12 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gypsy.
It is not quite interesting ... it is turning out dirty. Don't you feel so ?

Is it not better to do the odd jobs rather than stealing tax-payer's money.? What a shame you had caused to the Indian community living in Aus. Being an Indian, I feel like I had been stripped off naked and pelted by stones. Don't you feel so.

After seeing all the messages from other expats... you think that this is funny... SHAME on you...

I don't wonder why Aussies are looking at Indians like a stinking piece of shit...and you cannot call me as a racist as I am an Indian too. What answer do you have for me.

Don't think about come back, please don't spoil Australia.

Just sent you karma for this post.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice
Default Future Uncertain - My experience

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Just sent you karma for this post.
Every1 has his or her karmas attached.
It is also Karma when a Employers offers job to a less qualified and experienced person because you are an alien from a different world(and say that this is not racism)

This is also Karma when your children are told in the school how come you can speak good English...........

This is also karma when its alright that you are working for 6 months as volunteer and later money is spend to sponsor candidates for obtaining VISA ..............

I know what Karma I have done and I am a proud Indian who doesn't do anything intentional to bring any kind of shame to Country or its Citizen. kindly don't comment upon Karma atleast....

Every1s karma remain with them.

Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79
Every1 has his or her karmas attached.
It is also Karma when a Employers offers job to a less qualified and experienced person because you are an alien from a different world(and say that this is not racism)

This is also Karma when your children are told in the school how come you can speak good English...........

This is also karma when its alright that you are working for 6 months as volunteer and later money is spend to sponsor candidates for obtaining VISA ..............

I know what Karma I have done and I am a proud Indian who doesn't do anything intentional to bring any kind of shame to Country or its Citizen. kindly don't comment upon Karma atleast....

Every1s karma remain with them.

Um, not sure what you're on about, but PP sent a private little message of good karma to the previous poster. If you look at every post you will see a small box just above where it says "new reply". You click on it and send messages to the person who wrote the post, usually telling them that you approve of the message.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.