Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Future Uncertain - My experience

Future Uncertain - My experience

Old Aug 24th 2010, 10:49 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Future Uncertain - My experience

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
That's a bloody good question. Most of those coming from India seem to be in IT and frankly they would probably be better off staying exactly where they are.
The OP is a civil engineer.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
The OP is a civil engineer.
Not very civil, stealing money from a country though, is it?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Not very civil, stealing money from a country though, is it?
Its turning quite interesting, and inner thoughts of different people are coming out. I can understand what kind of opinions you people are having...
To clear my stand I have already written to Centrelink regarding my position and it is upto them to decide what action they have to take.
I want to convey all people that probably you should know that Civil Engineers are amongst best paid people anywhere in the world & 100$ can never lure anyone....
However people are people, really funny...............
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79
100$ can never lure anyone....
That really shows what you know! BTW, Centrelink will require you to pay all the money back immediately.
People have opinions like this when they hear someone talking about being in another country still receiving benefits because you're taking money wrongly, regardless of your wonderful financial position and your amusement at people's reactions. It's wrong and you should have advised C'link of your departure date before you even left the country.
I'm not surprised you didn't fit in here.

Last edited by TiddlyPom; Aug 24th 2010 at 9:49 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Try getting a professional Civil Engineer job with a centrelink fraud on your record.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:35 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79
Its turning quite interesting, and inner thoughts of different people are coming out. I can understand what kind of opinions you people are having...
To clear my stand I have already written to Centrelink regarding my position and it is upto them to decide what action they have to take.
I want to convey all people that probably you should know that Civil Engineers are amongst best paid people anywhere in the world & 100$ can never lure anyone....
However people are people, really funny...............
So why the **** are you still taking the money? Please dont tell me that money makes a difference to your family?

I dont believe you have written to them because you have previously asked how long you get the payments for.

Now you are back tracking - support your own family, why the hell should we?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
So why the **** are you still taking the money? Please dont tell me that money makes a difference to your family?
I was wondering why he'd even applied for it in the first place.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:56 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I was wondering why he'd even applied for it in the first place.
The same reason any immigrant with children does...Because all PR are entitled to child benefit and rental assistance from Centrelink. My engineer husband and I signed up for it. Should we not have? I'm sure you signed up for it. Should you not have?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:14 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The same reason any immigrant with children does...Because all PR are entitled to child benefit and rental assistance from Centrelink. My engineer husband and I signed up for it. Should we not have? I'm sure you signed up for it. Should you not have?
The point is he should have cancelled it when he left Australia, because he is no longer entitled to it and the fact he is still claiming it is theft.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
The point is he should have cancelled it when he left Australia, because he is no longer entitled to it and the fact he is still claiming it is theft.
I do agree with that. However TP asked why he applied for it in the first place. I simply answered her question.

I think you will find that on the first page of this thread, one of the first answers the OP got was from me telling him to contact Centrelink to cancel the payments as he was not entitled.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think he's now in wind up mode so I think we should all just leave him alone, it's really not worth blowing a gasket over. He's one of millions - none of whom I know enough about to dob them in. They'll get theirs eventually. Move on.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Posts like these make me really want to get back to working in Compliance! Am sure I'd save Centrelink and the taxpayers a lot of money

Doesn't Centrelink have some kind of link to Immigration's database to find out whether someone is still resident or not?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by IndieG
Posts like these make me really want to get back to working in Compliance! Am sure I'd save Centrelink and the taxpayers a lot of money

Doesn't Centrelink have some kind of link to Immigration's database to find out whether someone is still resident or not?
Your passport tells everything, lets hope his screams 'thief and liar'.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG

I believe the databases are linked, same as Medicare is linked to DIAC.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I believe the databases are linked, same as Medicare is linked to DIAC.
he must still have an Aussie address or someone acting on his behalf, surely? or keeping his old address/bank account.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.