Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Funny names you have came across....

Funny names you have came across....

Old Dec 21st 2010, 12:31 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Funny names you have came across....

I once worked with an Alistair McAllister, a Cameron Cameron and a Neil O'Neil.

Still haven't met a Phil Macavity yet though.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 12:51 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Funny names you have came across....

whilst attending a wedding reception my wife and I were first to arrive at our designated table.I had a look around at the other name cards on the table and to my delight discovered I would be sitting next to a Mr Ivor Organ.
Hand on heart it's the God's honest.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 1:37 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

Lot's..A wedding once the brides name became Tess nicol (testicle).

A poor poor baby called Krypto..As in superman WTF!!

And tonight was my last training session at derby so we went to the pub afterwards. One of the girls got there much earlier than everyone else and she was still in her derby gear...fence net tights, spankies and a Tshirt with Rhi-Load wrote on the back.

Anyway she was pleased when we eventually turned up as some guys had thought she was a prostitute! It just brought a whole new meaning to her derby name Rhi-load!!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

MissyB is an unknown quantity at this point

There is someone at work called Tasmin Watts which isn't funny but our work emails are our initial then surname so her's is [email protected] - which I found rather funny (and unfortunate)!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I went to school with a girl with the surname Pudephatt which always seemed slightly amusing as she was on the big side, she was very good-natured though and I don't think anyone made fun of her.

My brother worked with someone called Mr. Ketlon, which I still think of when i offer to put the kettle on.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 7:55 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissyB
There is someone at work called Tasmin Watts which isn't funny but our work emails are our initial then surname so her's is [email protected] - which I found rather funny (and unfortunate)!
Similar thing, at a client I worked at there was a guy called Kim Wan. He was having a problem one day and asked me to help. His Windows logon name popped up - wank! I think he was honestly completely unaware it had another meaning...maybe the people in IT were too, but I doubt it!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 9:08 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

[email protected] pronounced Steve Wankhead and probably the best of the lot William Ankers, email address [email protected] !!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 9:08 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

In my old job we had a patient called Hazel Urine and another called Dick Smallbone. A friend of mine had a vasectomy done by a urologist called Dr Hackitt. My neice's neurosurgeon was Dr Brain and the coroner in my hometown was at one time Dr Death (he pronounced it "deeth")
Old Dec 21st 2010, 9:13 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if this counts but a friend's son has called his children Pantera and Metallica...........they are girls!!

Number 3 is due in a few months, the mind boggles!!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 9:15 pm
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light

I had a marine biology lecturer called Dr Fish. When I had abandoned that career and was at uni studying for a second time we had to do clinical practice. My first patient was called Krystal Mayes. I have also seen patients with the first name Candida (medical term for thrush), a Mrs A Chicken and also a Carol Christmas.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

burbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this point

I worked in the travel industry for years & have always remembered these following names & they're true!
Homer Gerkhin
Lisa Qickilik
Ginger bottoms
Old Dec 21st 2010, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Not so much funny, as unpronounceable in English, I have to deal with people who's surnames range from Ng and Pp to some of the gigantic Sri Lankan ones, universally known in the company as Mr Alphabets.

I also worked with a Vietnamese guy in the UK who's name was...... Wallace Arnold.
He decided he needed a more English name and had chosen the first one that took his fancy... off the side of a coach !!

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Dec 21st 2010 at 10:38 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 10:49 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

My friend has facebook friends from school called Rachel Sole (R Sole) and Annette Curtin! The latter makes me laugh every time I see her comment on something
Old Dec 21st 2010, 10:50 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
In my old job we had a patient called Hazel Urine and another called Dick Smallbone. A friend of mine had a vasectomy done by a urologist called Dr Hackitt. My neice's neurosurgeon was Dr Brain and the coroner in my hometown was at one time Dr Death (he pronounced it "deeth")
The OB that delivered Lauren was called Phillipa Brain, P Brain!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 10:51 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
[email protected] pronounced Steve Wankhead and probably the best of the lot William Ankers, email address [email protected] !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.