Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The funniest thing just happened to me.....

Wikiposts

The funniest thing just happened to me.....

Old Apr 25th 2006, 3:23 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default Re: The funniest thing just happened to me.....

Nice one! I will go to bed tonight with a smile on my face!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 3:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nick72
Not sure where to post this so I think the Barbie is the best place....

Well its taken me a good hour to calm down and gather myself, after what happened, I appreciate some might not think its funny at all - but I did and so this is why I will tell you......

I was clearing out the fish tank - ready for the house sale and the move abroad in a few months. Parents put the fish in their outdoor pond, so I had to empty the water and clean the filters, to get rid of the tank etc etc..

I was using a syphon to get the water out of the tank into a bucket, then had the front door open and was walking the water to the bushes. After the 3rd bucket, I couldnt be bothered to walk anymore so was getting to the door and throwing all over the bushes....

When I got to the last bucket I got to the door and just threw it like the previous two, however I didnt forsee that the man putting the little SCOPE collection bags outside the door had just leant down to put ours there...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHH

Direct hit everywhere, the complete contents of the bucket ended up all over him. I said "I'm sorry do you want to come in and dry off or change ?", whilst trying not to laugh, he then turned to me hair dripping, body drenched and replied with "No, I think I will just go home" .

I was trying not to laugh at him as I did feel awful, I was holding back the laughter with tears streaming down my face. I shut the door and laid on the floor for a good 10 minutes crying and laughing uncontrollably.

Seeing him arrive home drenched wet smelling of fish obviously wont be funny at all.....

I need to stop typing now as I have started laughing all over again.......

Nick

Poor man, don't you feel really guilty ?

PMSL
Old Apr 25th 2006, 3:38 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

You are just a sharing kind of person

Fantastic anecdote - karma on me
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:12 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
You are just a sharing kind of person

Fantastic anecdote - karma on me
Txs had fun sharing the story tonight with peeps who came round....

My mate spat his beer out all over the carpet !

Was funny tho..

Nick
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:16 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Well its taken me a good hour to calm down and gather myself, after what happened, I appreciate some might not think its funny at all - but I did and so this is why I will tell you......

I was clearing out the fish tank - ready for the house sale and the move abroad in a few months. Parents put the fish in their outdoor pond, so I had to empty the water and clean the filters, to get rid of the tank etc etc..

I was using a syphon to get the water out of the tank into a bucket, then had the front door open and was walking the water to the bushes. After the 3rd bucket, I couldnt be bothered to walk anymore so was getting to the door and throwing all over the bushes....

When I got to the last bucket I got to the door and just threw it like the previous two, however I didnt forsee that the man putting the little SCOPE collection bags outside the door had just leant down to put ours there...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHH

Direct hit everywhere, the complete contents of the bucket ended up all over him. I said "I'm sorry do you want to come in and dry off or change ?", whilst trying not to laugh, he then turned to me hair dripping, body drenched and replied with "No, I think I will just go home" .

I was trying not to laugh at him as I did feel awful, I was holding back the laughter with tears streaming down my face. I shut the door and laid on the floor for a good 10 minutes crying and laughing uncontrollably.

Seeing him arrive home drenched wet smelling of fish obviously wont be funny at all.....

Nick
Thank you for that Nick

That is just the kind of thing I find very funny, I can imagine him now and wish I had been there.

Karma to you when I can give it.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:16 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Love it, that is so brill poor bloke!!! PSML ROLFL
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

tee hee how can anyone not have a titter at that??!!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:38 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

My mate spat his beer out all over the carpet !

Preferable to fishy water
Old Apr 25th 2006, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

WOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHH

Nick
thanks for starting my day off with a laugh
Old Apr 25th 2006, 4:36 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

WOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHH

Nick
OMG that is sooo bloody funny! I wouldn't have been able to control myself and would have burst out laughing!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 5:09 pm
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

LOL ... now thats just a fishy story.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 10:24 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

Priceless
Old Apr 25th 2006, 11:04 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Soooo funny. Everytime I start thinking about it and picture it in my head, I start laughing again!!

Sending you some karma for that.

Gina
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:45 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Soooo funny. Everytime I start thinking about it and picture it in my head, I start laughing again!!

Sending you some karma for that.

Gina
Glad it tickled a few....

Guess what I will be telling everyone down the pub this weekend !

Nick