Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

THE funniest Aussie saying I have EVER heard!

Wikiposts

THE funniest Aussie saying I have EVER heard!

Old May 12th 2006, 7:57 pm
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of
Default THE funniest Aussie saying I have EVER heard!

A while ago my other half told me that an Aussie guy had come into his work and said, "I need to buy a new fridge, my other one's S*!t itself". The first time it happened my partner was quite taken aback. The second time was the day after a big storm. Aussie man walks in and says "My telephone s#!t itself. The storm blew it last night". When customer left, partner burst out laughing.

I work in a bathroom showroom. Sure enough, someone said to me the other day "I need a new kitchen tap. My tap's just s#!t itself" I just BURST out laughing and explained that I'd been told about this saying but had not heard it yet. The Aussie man found it hilarious that I found it hilarious and we laughed together.

Given where I work, I'm just waiting for the day when someone tells me they they need a new loo, cos their's has s*!t itself.

Anyone else heard this GREAT phrase? I just love it
Sunshine Sarah
Old May 12th 2006, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: THE funniest Aussie saying I have EVER heard!

Originally Posted by sunshinesarah
A while ago my other half told me that an Aussie guy had come into his work and said, "I need to buy a new fridge, my other one's S*!t itself". The first time it happened my partner was quite taken aback. The second time was the day after a big storm. Aussie man walks in and says "My telephone s#!t itself. The storm blew it last night". When customer left, partner burst out laughing.

I work in a bathroom showroom. Sure enough, someone said to me the other day "I need a new kitchen tap. My tap's just s#!t itself" I just BURST out laughing and explained that I'd been told about this saying but had not heard it yet. The Aussie man found it hilarious that I found it hilarious and we laughed together.

Given where I work, I'm just waiting for the day when someone tells me they they need a new loo, cos their's has s*!t itself.

Sunshine Sarah
Hi I have only heard it in England when somebody is scarred (I s*!t myself)
reading this also made me laugh so I will look forward to hearing it when we arrive.
Old May 12th 2006, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

i'm an edinburger originally and i use that all the time!!

example.... bulb blew in the house a couple of weeks ago and i told my flatmate the bulb had sh*t itself!

cracking expression innit!!!
Old May 12th 2006, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoSemite

example.... bulb blew in the house a couple of weeks ago and i told my flatmate the bulb had sh*t itself!

A classic one is (Anglo Saxon) is "it's *****ed". Known throughout the world.
Old May 14th 2006, 5:48 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

My friend told me whilst I was on the phone to her, that she'd be back in 5 as she was just dropping the kids off at the pool....

I had no idea what she meant and queried why at 10pm she was dropping off children at a pool...and more importantly, whose children (since she has none)

of course, I now know what she meant! God I hate that saying!!!!

Old Jun 17th 2006, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Talking Re: THE funniest Aussie saying I have EVER heard!

Sunshine Sarah
Haven't heard that one where we are, but I have noticed this:

From what I have seen, Aussie blokes (in our area anyway), have a great passion for the word SENSATIONAL...And it's usually said in a really overemphasised Aussie accent, which makes it sound way over the top. We were told about this by a mate when we arrived, but thought they were pulling our leg. When we ACTUALLY heard someone say it we all started laughing our nut off...
Old Jun 17th 2006, 4:01 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoSemite

yip, ive heard it in glasgow too
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:06 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread's about "as useless as tit's on a bull"
Do I get extra merit for using it in a sentence?
CRIKEY!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

No i had the fortune of working in Glasgow with some contractors from Australia.

The phrase is 'crack the shits'. They said it to me a various times, regarding their pay not getting into their bank account, police stopping them, bouncers picking on them.

'Crack the shits' means pissed off. And if its not australia wide, its certainly Melbourne. I've never heard anyone 'crack the shits' with me in Brisbane, but then I'd give 'em glasgae kiss to think aboot if they did
Old Jun 19th 2006, 3:11 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
My friend told me whilst I was on the phone to her, that she'd be back in 5 as she was just dropping the kids off at the pool....

I had no idea what she meant and queried why at 10pm she was dropping off children at a pool...and more importantly, whose children (since she has none)

of course, I now know what she meant! God I hate that saying!!!!

What does it mean then?
Old Jun 19th 2006, 3:14 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Sunshine Sarah
We were about to leave for Devon on Saturday morning (Wife was saying goodbye to her grandparents) and our 1 year old boy was crawling around without a nappy on and guess what........?

All over his carpet, in his hands, on his cheek, down his leg.......ewwwww....
Old Jun 19th 2006, 3:15 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
We were about to leave for Devon on Saturday morning (Wife was saying goodbye to her grandparents) and our 1 year old boy was crawling around without a nappy on and guess what........?

All over his carpet, in his hands, on his cheek, down his leg.......ewwwww....
eeewwww indeed
Old Jun 19th 2006, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdt3000
From what I have seen, Aussie blokes (in our area anyway), have a great passion for the word SENSATIONAL...
I knew an aussie girl who said that a lot.

I liked her expression, when she dropped her boyfriend, "you're off the reserves bench, and now you're top of the NRL!" It was the way she said it.

Other favourites, "could suck the chrome off a bumper bar".
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
What does it mean then?
I assume it means taking a dump
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:56 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I assume it means taking a dump
Or "seeing Mr Brown and some friends off to the seaside"

Best one I heard was one Aussie to another as he grabbed a drink from the fridge at a servo "I'm as dry as a leather tit!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.