Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Fund me ..... Israel Folau

Fund me ..... Israel Folau

Old Jun 25th 2019, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fund me ..... Israel Folau

Not sure if this news has picked up in the non rugby playing states, but he's been chucked out of Australian Rugby, chucked off GoFundMe, and has now cleared $1 million on his new set up.

I don't agree with his bible post, I mean seriously, I'm going to hell for enjoying a drink, but it's so wonderful to watch someone compete against all public adversity.
Old Jun 25th 2019, 10:17 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fund me ..... Israel Folau

Originally Posted by Beoz
Not sure if this news has picked up in the non rugby playing states, but he's been chucked out of Australian Rugby, chucked off GoFundMe, and has now cleared $1 million on his new set up.

I don't agree with his bible post, I mean seriously, I'm going to hell for enjoying a drink, but it's so wonderful to watch someone compete against all public adversity.
Yes, it's been all over the news here, and in the UK as well. Bit of a non-story really, bloke can't or didn't read his contract properly, can't or didn't read the Go Fund Me terms and conditions properly, so was booted from both. At least he'll have more time now to dribble shite on social media, that should comfort him.
Old Jun 25th 2019, 9:54 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Yes, it's been all over the news here, and in the UK as well. Bit of a non-story really, bloke can't or didn't read his contract properly, can't or didn't read the Go Fund Me terms and conditions properly, so was booted from both. At least he'll have more time now to dribble shite on social media, that should comfort him.
Thing is, he did read the contract. Sufficiently to say that he wouldn't agree to the social media clause, which RA then accepted. They are not going to be in a good way when they get to court and try and rely on a general conduct clause.

And nobody ever got poor off underestimating the desire of zealot christians to support people they consider to be 'one of theirs'. As the pope on his golden throne, the evangelist in his jet, or trump in the white house will attest.

Oh, and the 'religious freedom' bill is coming back now the zealot Morrison is back in power ...
Old Jun 25th 2019, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen his employment contract so I can't really comment on specific clauses and whether he agreed to them, however their does seem to be some substantial effort being thrown at this. There must be a degree of confidence from within his circles that he can win. Even though religious groups seem to have access to a tonne of money, I can't imagine them taking on a contract that they didn't think they would beat.

I real loser here is Australian rugby (don't confuse that with Rugby Australia). Distractions, cost, etc. Hopefully RA have finally learned the lesson here. Don't throw the money at the Leaguies, throw it at the grass roots. When Australia was winning rugby nearly 20 years ago, the whole team came from grass roots.
Old Jun 25th 2019, 11:59 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Thing is, he did read the contract. Sufficiently to say that he wouldn't agree to the social media clause, which RA then accepted. They are not going to be in a good way when they get to court and try and rely on a general conduct clause.

And nobody ever got poor off underestimating the desire of zealot christians to support people they consider to be 'one of theirs'. As the pope on his golden throne, the evangelist in his jet, or trump in the white house will attest.

Oh, and the 'religious freedom' bill is coming back now the zealot Morrison is back in power ...
What about Muslim zealots?

Australia needs a religious freedom bill. How/why is Morrison a zealot? What would Billy have brought to the gig that ScoMo doesn't?

Last edited by Amazulu; Jun 26th 2019 at 1:54 am.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 12:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Have you read his contract? Izzy says that there was nothing it it preventing him posting what he did, and I guess he should know!

Go Fund Me are being very selective in their assessment. They've allowed all sorts of shite to be promoted and are being hypocritical. Unfortunately, they are part of the tech corporate, PC elite that is seeking to stifle genuine free speech in the West in order to implement the agendas of their left-wing owners

Last edited by Amazulu; Jun 26th 2019 at 12:15 am.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
"Freedom" ...... Where is the line drawn?

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...5ebed65e3c82ca

“The activists don’t just want to silence Israel Folau, they want to make an example out of him. They want to make it very clear that for people of faith, and people with beliefs that fit outside the narrow band of political correctness, there is no place for them …"

I have no interest in religion but the above speaks volumes.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 4:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

"Freedom" ...... Where is the line drawn?

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...5ebed65e3c82ca

“The activists don’t just want to silence Israel Folau, they want to make an example out of him. They want to make it very clear that for people of faith, and people with beliefs that fit outside the narrow band of political correctness, there is no place for them …"

I have no interest in religion but the above speaks volumes.
The left elite and their PC, virtue-signalling corporate and media comrades are even going after his wife - who has said absolutely f**k all on the matter!

$1.8 million + and climbing. The silent majority are speaking again - with dollars!
Old Jun 26th 2019, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The left elite and their PC, virtue-signalling corporate and media comrades are even going after his wife - who has said absolutely f**k all on the matter!

$1.8 million + and climbing. The silent majority are speaking again - with dollars!
It is ironic that those preaching equality don't display the same to religion.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The silent majority are speaking again!
I'm not sure its quite a majority ..... yet ....... the more oxygen it receives, the more it will burn.

Try this poll. It shows you where the punters stand after you answer each question.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...41aefbe042e2f0
Old Jun 26th 2019, 6:10 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

It is ironic that those preaching equality don't display the same to religion.
Probably because there is a difference between religious freedom, i.e. the ability to practice your faith without persecution, than having the freedom to gob off about any other person that doesn't fit in with your view of the how the world should be populated because your imaginary friend and their book of fairy tales says so under your interpretation......and I apply to that to any religion.

I can't believe there are that many people filled with hateful bile that they feel the need to give their hard earned to a multi-millionaire to support and fight his case.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 6:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
Probably because there is a difference between religious freedom, i.e. the ability to practice your faith without persecution, than having the freedom to gob off about any other person that doesn't fit in with your view of the how the world should be populated because your imaginary friend and their book of fairy tales says so under your interpretation......and I apply to that to any religion.

I can't believe there are that many people filled with hateful bile that they feel the need to give their hard earned to a multi-millionaire to support and fight his case.
But that's real freedom of speech

Real FOS is the discussion of all viewpoints - regardless whether you agree with them or not - and encompasses racial, bigoted, hateful, homophobic etc viewpoints, even the right to lie if the speaker so chooses

I can't believe there are that there are people out there who would deny a person's right to FOS just because they disagree with their viewpoint. Sad, but there it is

Old Jun 26th 2019, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's the irony of it all. Many would be offended by you calling their God an imaginary friend in the sky. I can't say I disagree with you but then again I say let them have their freedom of speech like you just have.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 7:13 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Clearly there are though. Incredibly ironic in a way. We've had it all over the news, talk shows and shock jock progs ad nauseam.

He wants to challenge , then he should put his sizeable amount of the filthy lucre , the inclusive sporting arena and assorted sponsors paid him, where his mouth is and do so with his own funds. What he is doing is rallying those that agree with his loathing for those born different to himself. His comments disgust me. He should keep such comments to himself and close family and friends of his dubious ilk. . He does the sporting inclusive spirit no good. He has a high profile and with that goes an undertaking to do no harm which he repeatedly ignored. Arrogant and sanctimonious does not begin to cover it.

He wants his religious fervour , then he should leave the sporting arena & devote himself to that. He was not removed for practicing his faith. He was removed for his unacceptable preaching speechifying and quite rightly so. His crusade has no place on a playing field. For me , it has no place at all. This includes that wife of his.

He should perhaps be mindful of what is written in his new testament bible about the Pharisees. I see him no better. No better at all.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 9:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

$2 million

Go Izzy! Tear the free speech haters and other assorted butthurt leftie losers a new one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.