British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Friends you've made.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/friends-youve-made-348377/)

Stitch Jan 14th 2006 9:26 pm

Friends you've made....

Hi guys,

Was just thinking about BE and how it helps people to make friends. Have you found this to be the same or is it the Vino talking!

Cheers

Ginny

Wendy Jan 14th 2006 9:36 pm

Re: Friends you've made....

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi guys,

Was just thinking about BE and how it helps people to make friends. Have you found this to be the same or is it the Vino talking!

Cheers

Ginny

I love this site, it keeps you going when you're really pee'd off with all the waiting.

Although my hubby hates it and complains constantly. He thinks I've got a cyber-lover ( I wish :D )

Stitch Jan 14th 2006 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
I love this site, it keeps you going when you're really pee'd off with all the waiting.

Although my hubby hates it and complains constantly. He thinks I've got a cyber-lover ( I wish :D )

I've nay energy for normal loving let alone cyber ones too! It does keep you going and the info stops me panicing soo much.

Cheers

Ginny

Wendy Jan 14th 2006 9:46 pm

I've nay energy for normal loving let alone cyber ones too! It does keep you going and the info stops me panicing soo much.

Cheers

Ginny

Know exactly what you mean. Trouble is my PC's never off these days, I even get withdrawal symptoms at work! :D

Stitch Jan 14th 2006 9:48 pm

Know exactly what you mean. Trouble is my PC's never off these days, I even get withdrawal symptoms at work! :D

It's crazy but I have to log on! It get's a bit mad. I mean it's sooooo addictive yet helpful and friendly in the same way.

Cheers

Ginny

LauraJ Jan 14th 2006 10:26 pm

It's crazy but I have to log on! It get's a bit mad. I mean it's sooooo addictive yet helpful and friendly in the same way.

Cheers

Ginny

I agree with you there wholeheartedly. My laundry basket is overflowing coz the couple of hours I've come online to job search has somehow trebled once I've logged in here :D Have got sooo much useful info and crossed paths with such friendly pple, who appreciate and understand the rollercoaster that is emigrating. I've joined other forums which are ok but this is definitely the cream of the crop :)
Laura

http://mysticalsongbird.com/images/0e93ab9d.gif

Wendy Jan 14th 2006 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by LauraJ
I agree with you there wholeheartedly. My laundry basket is overflowing coz the couple of hours I've come online to job search has somehow trebled once I've logged in here :D Have got sooo much useful info and crossed paths with such friendly pple, who appreciate and understand the rollercoaster that is emigrating. I've joined other forums which are ok but this is definitely the cream of the crop :)
Laura

I've joined other forums too, but they don't compare at all. I even recommended this site to a friend of mine that's just started the process. I don't know how I coped before I found this site. Which was well after we got the TRA back.

debbiemc Jan 14th 2006 10:56 pm

I've joined other forums too, but they don't compare at all. I even recommended this site to a friend of mine that's just started the process. I don't know how I coped before I found this site. Which was well after we got the TRA back.

i havent cleaned my bathroom for 3 weeks ! :D

every morning i'll come down to check my emails and internet banking and somehow my finger goed auto onto expats and then thats it, bloody stuck for the morning!! even when i'm at work, if i'm in charge, i have a quick gander!

i'd like to think that i've met some great people on here and some of them who i've met, i hope i'll continue to stay friends with! for those already over the pond, i cant wait to meet them.....trish, mevy68 and scissors.

so heres :beer: to new friends :)

debbie

steve`o Jan 14th 2006 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by LauraJ
Laura

well its lauraj for the BE advertertising campaign this year what di you think :rolleyes:

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Jan 15th 2006 6:42 am

Could have!!!

You turned down my advances though :( :D

Stitch Jan 15th 2006 8:51 am

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Could have!!!

So that's your romantic, softer side! See the pink knickers do make a difference!!! Roll on the Barbie Girls!

Cheers

Ginny

charlie brown Jan 15th 2006 9:10 am

So that's your romantic, softer side! See the pink knickers do make a difference!!! Roll on the Barbie Girls!

Cheers

Ginny

yes it is a nice way of making friends with the same things going on in there lives as you, just had a text form our new friends we made on here and they are in perth now, been there a week they have found a job been swimming looking at houses etc, they sound so happy,:D

The Bread Knife Jan 16th 2006 12:21 am

Hi guys,

Cheers

Ginny

Ginny,

We have met and made lots of friends thanks to this site.
Two families in particular we have become really good friends with, 12 months down the line.
They both happen to live in Noosa like us and we get together often.

The Bread Knife :) :) :) :)

Wendy Jan 16th 2006 8:50 am

Could have!!!

:D

Wendy Jan 16th 2006 9:08 am

Could have!!!