Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Freeway Bike Ride for Asthma

Freeway Bike Ride for Asthma

Old Mar 19th 2015, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Freeway Bike Ride for Asthma

Has anyone participated in this event?
My nephew is starting from Currambine Station heading south to the City. That section of the Mitchell Freeway heading south is closed. As a driver how should I head to the city and where can I park to minimise the post-ride walk for him?
Old Mar 20th 2015, 12:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freeway Bike Ride for Asthma

Originally Posted by discobay
My nephew is starting from Currambine Station heading south to the City. That section of the Mitchell Freeway heading south is closed. As a driver how should I head to the city and where can I park to minimise the post-ride walk for him?
If you're going into the city I would recommend you take transit. Both Marmion and Wanneroo Rds will be really busy with the freeway traffic. Besides, if you take the train in you can get off at Perth Underground and walk (or take the free CAT) pretty much anywhere in the city.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If you're going into the city I would recommend you take transit. Both Marmion and Wanneroo Rds will be really busy with the freeway traffic. Besides, if you take the train in you can get off at Perth Underground and walk (or take the free CAT) pretty much anywhere in the city.
The idea is to drive in to pick him up after his grueling ride!
Old Mar 20th 2015, 1:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The idea is to drive in to pick him up after his grueling ride!
He can take his bike on the train

However if you want to drive in then either Marmion Ave or Wanneroo Rds are the best bets from the north. Parking is in the city at any of the CPP lots I guess.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 1:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Great, more road closures

So inconsiderate
Old Mar 20th 2015, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Great, more road closures

So inconsiderate
On a Sunday buddy.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 2:23 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

On a Sunday buddy.
Even worse!
Old Mar 20th 2015, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

On occasions like this we normally take Wanneroo road and park in Northbridge and walk over to the city.Never have had a problem.Try Wilsons for parking maybe.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

OK thank you.