Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Free Condoms for Drug Users

Wikiposts

Free Condoms for Drug Users

Old May 19th 2011, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Free Condoms for Drug Users

Originally Posted by eddie007
I'm not a lawyer... I'm a human(e) being....
I don't see how that is inhumane. These are the rules that have been decided by society over time. I'm also not a lawyer so I don't know if this type of situation would be within the terms of the civil liability act. Other similar types of situations would be however.

A person who knowingly engages in risky behaviour and receives an injury is very different to a person who receives an injury due to their deception by another who is aware of that risk.

Engaging in unprotected anal intercourse with a drug addict prostitute in my opinion would seem to represent a significant level of obvious risk. Engaging in unprotected sex with your spouse is a different proposition.

Last edited by Steve2009; May 19th 2011 at 10:12 pm.
Old May 19th 2011, 10:12 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry... Devils advocate... (its raining in perf)

INNOCENT????

Is there ANYONE who who has sinned SO badly that they are GUILTY and therefore deserve infection?

Ok

Bleedin heart liberal moment is over...
Okay. Wrong choice of words because no normal adult can possibly be innocent - except maybe for Susan Boyle. I should have used the word unsuspecting wife instead. And unsuspecting husbands too for those situations where the wife is the one doing the curb crawling.
Old May 19th 2011, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paulry
Okay. Wrong choice of words...
Blameless? Innocent/Guilt reduces it to a binary decision. I'd prefer to think of it as a scale of blame.
Old May 19th 2011, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2009
Blameless? Innocent/Guilt reduces it to a binary decision. I'd prefer to think of it as a scale of blame.
Glad that you're the kind of person who can look at a situation/person and feel comfortable with assigning a scale of blame to it...

Personally its not something I feel capeable of when discussing drug addiction or sexual behaviours ... Aquisition of infections... That kind of thing ... Way too complex... Too many variables, influncing factors, individual circumstances for me

So I dont "blame"
Old May 19th 2011, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glad that you're the kind of person who can look at a situation/person and feel comfortable with assigning a scale of blame to it...

Personally its not something I feel capeable of when discussing drug addiction or sexual behaviours ... Aquisition of infections... That kind of thing ... Way too complex... Too many variables, influncing factors, individual circumstances for me

So I dont "blame"
I'm merely interpreting what I believe the courts would have to say on the matter. I do believe that the principles of tort negligence are fair. Only a judge can decide on actual blame, I am not one. I'm very glad that there are judges, there are advocates, and there are laws.

FYI, assigning scales of blame is exactly what judges in civil cases have to do.
Old May 19th 2011, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm merely interpreting what I believe the courts would have to say on the matter. I do believe that the principles of tort negligence are fair. Only a judge can decide on actual blame, I am not one. I'm very glad that there are judges, there are advocates, and there are laws.

FYI, assigning scales of blame is exactly what judges in civil cases have to do.
And looking after victims of drug abuse and sexually risky beahviours is what some nurses do... But they tend to just get on with it and not worry about whether they are to blame for their illness...

I dont judge...
Old May 19th 2011, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

And looking after victims of drug abuse and sexually risky beahviours is what some nurses do... But they tend to just get on with it and not worry about whether they are to blame for their illness...

I dont judge...
Do you think that it is a necessary or positive quality of a human being that they don't judge? Giving someone care and holding them responsible for their actions are two wholly separate issues and they are not mutually exclusive. I thank god that we do have the system of justice we have. Otherwise we'd be savages.
Old May 19th 2011, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do you think that it is a necessary or positive quality of a human being that they don't judge? Giving someone care and holding them responsible for their actions are two wholly separate issues and they are not mutually exclusive. I thank god that we do have the system of justice we have. Otherwise we'd be savages.
Some people believe those that judge others are savages... Holding people accountable isnt the same as being judgemental either... But we appear to be at cross purposes here, so I will bow out
Old May 19th 2011, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Some people believe those that judge others are savages... Holding people accountable isnt the same as being judgemental either... But we appear to be at cross purposes here, so I will bow out
I've just realised that your last post has tried to misconstrue my argument as "blaming" an addict. Bow out if you like, but I must clarify that this was never my argument, and I was referring to users of male prostitutes who subsequently infect their blameless/unsuspecting wives. The straw man is a pretty low debate tactic.
Old May 19th 2011, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've just realised that your last post has tried to misconstrue my argument as "blaming" an addict. Bow out if you like, but I must clarify that this was never my argument, and I was referring to users of male prostitutes who subsequently infect their blameless/unsuspecting wives. The straw man is a pretty low debate tactic.
And I was under the impression from your posts that you were blaming people for their addictions and unfortunate consequences of risky behaviour, as opposed to down right criminal behaviour...

So it appears we are both at fault.....

One of the risks of posting on forums.... Risk of miscontruction
Old May 19th 2011, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you knowingly engage in risky behaviour, then you knowingly accept those risks. It's actually a concept that is enshrined in the civil liability act (QLD) and common in negligence tort.
Its here I "went wrong" and misinterpreted you, i apologise
Old May 19th 2011, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Aha, no harm, no fowl. Apologies for any confusion.
Old May 19th 2011, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Aha, no harm, no fowl. Apologies for any confusion.
What a warm and fuzzy place the barbie is this evening.... Now where can I go and create havoc?
Old May 19th 2011, 11:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

What a warm and fuzzy place the barbie is this evening.... Now where can I go and create havoc?
You? Havoc? Try here, its gone all quiet again!!
Old May 20th 2011, 2:07 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

The shooting gallery in Kings X Sydney has been running for a number of years now. It means users are less likely to OD and if they do they are in safe hands. The effect has been less deaths, lower HIV rates and the area is safer without OD ers passed out on the streets.

The low HIV rates mean a saving to taxpayers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.