Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

found a little snake in the house today

Wikiposts

found a little snake in the house today

Old May 3rd 2010, 8:41 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: found a little snake in the house today

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Jeez, you'd be crap on a croc then

more like shit on the croc
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:42 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by No 15
Wow you're a big man.

Could you not have just been a bit more gentle with the poor thing instead of standing on it and squashing it and telling us initially that you'd killed it.
1 wasnt taking the chance to see if it would bite me first
2 where did i say i killed it?

get aff at yir next stop
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:56 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
1 wasnt taking the chance to see if it would bite me first
2 where did i say i killed it?

get aff at yir next stop
Word on yer street says you were hiding in the lavvy when the wee baby snake turned up and it was Pauline who dealt with the situation,ya wee jessy
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:36 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Small ones are just as deadly as the big ones, even the little baby ones are just as deadly as the adults, it seems to me people from Brisbane and Queenlands seem to get snakes in their houses and backyards alot more then other states. It must be the tropical environment.Queenslands probably the worst state for dangerous creatures.

Last edited by mohogony; May 3rd 2010 at 9:39 am.
Old May 3rd 2010, 3:05 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
Queenslands probably the worst state for dangerous creatures.

Aye.
Lots of Scottish oop 'ere.
Old May 3rd 2010, 6:57 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Small ones are just as deadly as the big ones, even the little baby ones are just as deadly as the adults, it seems to me people from Brisbane and Queenlands seem to get snakes in their houses and backyards alot more then other states. It must be the tropical environment.Queenslands probably the worst state for dangerous creatures.
first snake i have seen in 6 years. chances are the cat brought it in
Old May 3rd 2010, 6:57 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Bix
Aye.
Lots of Scottish oop 'ere.
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:14 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

That one is just a common green tree snake though, totally harmless
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:21 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
That one is just a common green tree snake though, totally harmless
being the first snake i have came accross i didnt bother to ask the snake what type it was lol
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

being the first snake i have came accross i didnt bother to ask the snake what type it was lol
You disappoint me, thought you'd have introduced yourself, offered it a beer etc, you're usually so hospitable
Old May 4th 2010, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

och ye wee woose, the last one I had in I chased it roon the kitchen for an hour wi a wooden spoon, asking it nicely to go into the pillowcase, it duely obliged and I took it off the the local animal sanctury, I was shitting myself though until they said awe its a wee spotted python and handed it to me lol. They say that if it has distinct markings they are usually non agressive it was a cutie, stuck its bloody tongue out at me lol
Old May 4th 2010, 7:14 am
Master of verbal pish©

next time i will send it to your hoose
Old May 4th 2010, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

first snake i have seen in 6 years. chances are the cat brought it in
It's a harmless green tree snake.......

The baby brown snakes are just as deadly as adult ones though.

Quick question do most people read up books/internet to see what is about and how to identify them. When we arrived and got dogs booked in with vets asked them what was about in the area (spiders/snakes/ticks) then went and researched them, we have lots of spiders and can tell them by shape now without having to have look too closely if it's dangerous to us/dogs it gets squished if not it's caught and put outside.

I like the Huntsman spiders, very clever chaps - we leave them be.

Just had several mouse spiders, the males with the red heads they are on the look for the females...... they are a bit cranky
Old May 4th 2010, 5:36 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I KNEW I shouldn't have read all that

For I now have a bad dose of the heebie jeebies
Old May 4th 2010, 7:19 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I KNEW I shouldn't have read all that

For I now have a bad dose of the heebie jeebies
The most beautiful snake is the tiger snake - the colours are amazing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.