Forgiveness..

Old Nov 30th 2011, 2:13 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forgiveness..

Apart from several obvious things in life, I have always tried to maintain the attitude that forgiveness is good for a person's well being.

After all, it's not your karma at the end of the day.

I forgave my dad's witchy sisters (mum and dad were divorced) after their appalling treatment of me and my younger sister (who has learning difficulties) after he died, I won't go into the full story because it went on for so long. They lied to the priest about me, tried to make out to people that they paid for the funeral (lying cows all their lives). My husband paid for the full funeral and helped me sort everything out. They stole things from my dad's house and one of them was executer to his will (he really did not believe she would be such an evil bitch). She even kept the money that should have been divided between me and my sis (we seen a lawyer etc but it was useless, executer's really can do wtf they want). There was so much more but I'd be here all day.

They strongly believe that they are more important than my dad's children ("cos we is his sisturs" sort of attitude).

One thing they couldn't touch was the ashes (seen as they never paid for anything). Though it didn't stop them trying to get their hands on them.

I got over it. I got what I wanted in the end (my dad's ashes added into his family plot) - couldn't do it without them. So I forgave them for this reason. As I said - it's their karma at the end of the day.

Last edited by scottishcelts; Nov 30th 2011 at 2:16 am.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:05 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

IMO there are certain lines in life that you just dont cross. Someone crossed that line with me, she is now dead to me, and I will never ever forgive her or forget. Simple, No black and white.

However for most grey stuff, lifes too short, meh, in time I always get over it
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:25 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hevs
IMO there are certain lines in life that you just dont cross. Someone crossed that line with me, she is now dead to me, and I will never ever forgive her or forget. Simple, No black and white.

What's 'grey stuff'?
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:28 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Some things just cannot be forgiven.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
On the other hand, that person does not deserve forgiveness because to this day, they have not apologised. They don't care how much hurt they have caused. And how can you forgive somebody who doesn't care?
I don't know. Can forgiveness just work one way? You to them? Does it matter that they don't care?

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
I believe forgiveness has to go both ways to be real. If the wrongdoer doesn't want/need to be forgiven, can they ever be forgiven? Not sure I'm making much sense here...? And some things just can't be forgiven... Accepted, but not forgiven.
Totally agree and that's my problem. The other side doesn't give a shit. Doesn't care. Doesn't think they need to be 'sorry'. They just carry on doing what they're doing and seem to think I should just be ok with it.

I'm not.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:30 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Some things just cannot be forgiven.
Love your pussy.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:35 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgiving someone who makes a mistake is fairly straightforward- you are forgiving the mistake. But when that 'mistake' is repeated, and repeated, then it is not really a mistake. Then you are faced with the prospect of either forgiving the person for who they are, or simply walking away. The latter tends to be less painful.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by sheene
Forgiving someone who makes a mistake is fairly straightforward- you are forgiving the mistake. But when that 'mistake' is repeated, and repeated, then it is not really a mistake. Then you are faced with the prospect of either forgiving the person for who they are, or simply walking away. The latter tends to be less painful.
Oh it's not a mistake. It's a continued hurtful thing that I must put up with.
I'm not really sure HOW to accept that person for doing it. I just don't know how to do it.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:16 am

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I'm not really sure HOW to accept that person for doing it. I just don't know how to do it.
If you 'must' put up with it, then that will just add to the hurt and feeling of being trapped - and they know you are a captive audience and will see no reason to change. Perhaps if in their mind you could create a doubt, that you may not put up with it forever, in other words get rid of the 'must', it may help both of you. Without knowing the exact circumstances, all of our replies will be shooting in the dark, and that can be very dangerous!
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

The hardest person to forgive for mistakes made is.... Yourself.

I have one person I feel anger for... 20 years after the event.... She ripped my life apart and broke my heart in two... Told me she was sleeping with HIM... She wasnt, but I didnt ask HIM, I kicked HIM out.... It took a marriage and divorce on my part before I found out what really happened.... Or rather didnt...

Ok.... We got back together, had three more children, eventually married and immigrated.... A fairy tale ending for us but...

If I saw that nasty, spiteful slag today I would still want to punch her lights out.... i wouldnt do it, but I'd want to.... So I haven't forgiven her at all....
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:52 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I have 3 people on my 'do not forgive or forget at any cost' list and I would rather dig my own arse out with a fork than forgive them.

Fat ugly nasty wanking bastards - all of them, and it would never make me warm and fuzzy to forgive them, hating their nasty guts is far more satisfying.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:07 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

If someone continues to hurt then front them about it and if they carry on then that's just them and their makeup.

Either stay and keep getting hurt or choose to dump them cos they add no value to your life.

Easy as
Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

vauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
If someone continues to hurt then front them about it and if they carry on then that's just them and their makeup.

Either stay and keep getting hurt or choose to dump them cos they add no value to your life.

Easy as
If the non-forgiveness is poisoning you and affecting your present and future, then you have lost - to live in hate and bitterness is a huge negative. Some folk you can forgive and rebuild relationships, some are that evil that you need to cut them from your lives completely, yet others you have to forgive and then walk away, the loss of their friendship might be hurtful, but their take on the issues shows no remorse, that's who they are, so move on.
And after fifteen years, I like to think I have forgiven, but whether I really have or not, not sure. What I won't do is allow it to affect my present and future wellbeing, and God's judgement is good enough for me.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs

Agreed. Someone did something unforgivable to the husband. I will never ever forgive them and they are the only person I have ever truly wished dead. However 17 years later and 12,000 miles away I rarely waste my time thinking about them.

If it's what I think it is, you will never move on unless one of you moves to the other side of the country. YOU are the winner, the other person has nothing, remember that, believe that, and you can even feel some sympathy. Learn to live with the fact that there are some things and people you can't forgive and don't think any less of yourself.

If it's something else the same reply probably stands.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 9:05 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

What's 'grey stuff'?
Stuff that can be looked at from two sides, said in anger, heartfelt apologies when you KNOW they really mean it and would never do it again or no crossing of lines. You just know when a line has been crossed, as I said, its black and white.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.