Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Footy is back! Thank the bloody stars.. #2..!!!

Wikiposts

Footy is back! Thank the bloody stars.. #2..!!!

Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:15 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Footy is back! Thank the bloody stars.. #2..!!!

The wait is over for another year....
Footy is back.... Woohoo!!!
Fiar enough, it's only the pre season NAB Cup but it's still Footy!

In my opinion the AFL should scrap the pre season comp & make the home & away premiership season 30 rounds instead of 22. That way we all play each other twice & it'll finally become a fair comp! It isn't at the moment.
Case in point, Collingwood only had to scare themselves to death by leaving Victoria 4 times last season. Fremantle had to travel interstate 10 times!

Anyway.... First impressions. I expected more from Essendon. Bordy & Hevs I'm sure you'll agree. Having said that, Carlton look like a very fit team.

Pies got humped by The Roos from the word go. Are The Pies gonna sink into mediocrity again? Not if Eddie has anything to do with it! But then again, who knows? Good on The Roos though...

Nice close SA clash between Port & The Crows as usual.

Didn't see the Dogs v Swans game so can't comment.

Lions slogged their way to a nice comeback win over The Saints in conditions which made the game a bloody farce.

Game of the day today is of course my beloved Fremantle Dockers v The West Coast Eagles.
Only people with long memories can remember the last time the last time The Eagles beat Fremantle. The last encounter after 4 previous wins in a row was a nice run of the mill training game style win for Freo by 62 points.
Let's hope for more of the same Brian...
D'you still want to meet in the pub & watch the game mate?
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:18 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Footy is back! Thank the bloody stars.. #2..!!!

Originally Posted by Scossie

In my opinion the AFL should scrap the pre season comp & make the home & away premiership season 30 rounds instead of 22. That way we all play each other twice & it'll finally become a fair comp! It isn't at the moment.
Case in point, Collingwood only had to scare themselves to death by leaving Victoria 4 times last season. Fremantle had to travel interstate 10 times!

Anyway.... First impressions. I expected more from Essendon. Bordy & Hevs I'm sure you'll agree. Having said that, Carlton look like a very fit team.

Pies got humped by The Roos from the word go. Are The Pies gonna sink into mediocrity again? Not if Eddie has anything to do with it! But then again, who knows? Good on The Roos though...

Lions slogged their way to a nice comeback win over The Saints in conditions which made the game a bloody farce.

Game of the day today is of course my beloved Fremantle Dockers v The West Coast Eagles.
Only people with long memories can remember the last time the last time The Eagles beat Fremantle. The last encounter after 4 previous wins in a row was a nice run of the mill training game style win for Freo by 62 points.

I'm getting the feeling that you like you're footy??

Hope the family are bumping along nicely.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:23 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Footy is back..Woohoo!!!

Let's hope for more of the same Brian..
I'm a little pissed off with the TV coverage. Today is the only time the football is on at 3:3opm. Other times has been midnight....

Anyway go the CATS....

ZX.......
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:31 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Yeah we were both at the game last night. Although it was a pretty exciting finish it was a case of more of the same after last season.

The mrs wants to go & see the doggies V Lions next Friday night. Its great to have the footy back.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to my first match tonight. I can believe in nearly 2 years I haven't been yet, I am sooo excited.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 5:42 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am going to my first match tonight. I can believe in nearly 2 years I haven't been yet, I am sooo excited.
I might pop along to one of the Dockers games soon....Mr.Ransi keeps telling me to go with him,apparently the atmosphere will blow me away.

Enjoy the game.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:37 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

we having a tipping comp this year? ................... mm
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:36 pm
disability worker

shazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond repute

GO SAINTS