Food on Emirates

Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of
Default Food on Emirates

Hi there. If anyone has flown recently with Emirates - what kind of food did the "children's meals" have in them?
Our 4 year old i know will probably just pick at the food anyway - but i'm wondering if there will be anything on the meals that our son (who will then be 11months old) will be able to eat?

Also, are the flight staff quite accomodating if you ask them to wash things like bottles/beakers out for you?

Thanks
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Food on Emirates

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hi there. If anyone has flown recently with Emirates - what kind of food did the "children's meals" have in them?
Our 4 year old i know will probably just pick at the food anyway - but i'm wondering if there will be anything on the meals that our son (who will then be 11months old) will be able to eat?

Also, are the flight staff quite accomodating if you ask them to wash things like bottles/beakers out for you?

Thanks
Hi Emirates child meals are in the line of chicken nuggets etc, re the crew it depends on the individual crew. but if you do take specific food for the wee one they would normally heat it up for you, just talk to you crew member when you get settled into your seat prior to them starting the meal service.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:48 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

The kids meals are huge! It's just general kids food, mini cheddars, chocolate bars, fruit, sandwiches, hot meal is not so fantastic as it's really nuggets or something similar but then a lot of kids like that I guess. All different stuff. My son has very adult taste in food and I don't usually order him a kids meal on a plane but glad I did for Emirates as they get things with the kids meal, last year it was a watch this year it was a little kids toothbrush thing. We did end up with a lot of left over food though as there really is so much, more than an adult meal!

Might order myself one next time
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew Emirates in April. We were asked to chose from a list of menu requirements something like;
Child
Vegetarian
Western
Asian
Halal
Vegan

We ordered adult Western meals for our 7 year old and they were fine - they certainly looked better than the kiddie meals! We ordered asian meals and they were suberb.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Hi Emirates child meals are in the line of chicken nuggets etc, re the crew it depends on the individual crew. but if you do take specific food for the wee one they would normally heat it up for you, just talk to you crew member when you get settled into your seat prior to them starting the meal service.
Hi - thanks for your reply.
I'm not a big fan of airline food myself (only thing i normally enjoy is the cheese & biscuits!).... hopefully our daughter will see the nuggets etc as a novelty as she doesnt get them at home! I'm hoping that at some point the kids might get a yoghurt or fruit of some description etc as p/o their meal? I will be taking food for the youngest - but didnt want to have loads of stuff with us if i could avoid it....
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Clippies
The kids meals are huge! It's just general kids food, mini cheddars, chocolate bars, fruit, sandwiches, hot meal is not so fantastic as it's really nuggets or something similar but then a lot of kids like that I guess. All different stuff. My son has very adult taste in food and I don't usually order him a kids meal on a plane but glad I did for Emirates as they get things with the kids meal, last year it was a watch this year it was a little kids toothbrush thing. We did end up with a lot of left over food though as there really is so much, more than an adult meal!

Might order myself one next time
thanks for everyone's replies.....that's great if the meals contain fruit and sandwiches etc - as the youngest will at least get to eat something then that hasn't come out of a jar or bag in our handluggage!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:52 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a big fan of airline food myself (only thing i normally enjoy is the cheese & biscuits!).... hopefully our daughter will see the nuggets etc as a novelty as she doesnt get them at home! I'm hoping that at some point the kids might get a yoghurt or fruit of some description etc as p/o their meal? I will be taking food for the youngest - but didnt want to have loads of stuff with us if i could avoid it....
Yes I think there was yoghurt and fruit...definitely fruit anyway, bananas from what I recall.

I agree, the novelty thing was what sold it for me - I've never cooked a chicken nugget in my life so it was something different for him. Even though he picked off the breadcrumbs so he could just eat the chicken lol
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I think there was yoghurt and fruit...definitely fruit anyway, bananas from what I recall.

I agree, the novelty thing was what sold it for me - I've never cooked a chicken nugget in my life so it was something different for him. Even though he picked off the breadcrumbs so he could just eat the chicken lol
What !!! you think there is chicken in there
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
What !!! you think there is chicken in there
Lol hmmm well maybe not
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lol hmmm well maybe not
I always call that re-formed meat stuff "plastic chicken" or "plastic meat"....makes my OH laugh....
I dont buy anything like that for my daughter - at home she eats the same adult meals as us (unless it's too spicy for her).
The only thing she'll eat at McDonalds is the fries - she's spat out nuggets etc in there in the past....
Yikes, hopefully no-one will see her do that on the plane - seeing as she normally asks for one of our hands to spit out whatever into!!!!

I was just panicking incase there wasn't fruit etc - as i'm probably going to have to bribe her with sweets etc for good behaviour at some point during the 20+ hours from leaving home - and want to avoid it if possible whilst on the plane as she can become the child from hell once those E-numbers etc take hold!!!
Me and the OH have already said we'll need a whole change of clothes for ourselves - i have visions of having the youngest's handprints and bits of food all over me. Heaven forbid he has a cold as well - like he has at the moment - otherwise i'll look like i've been slimed as well! he he!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

fayeziebabes is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Food on Emirates

Thanks
We flew with Emirates July 05 and the kids meals came in a box with a toy every time! We had no room for them all! Meals were the usual chicken nuggets, etc. I would fly with them again.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:38 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

nuggets - being warmed up - yuk. I think I will stick with Singapore.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

fayeziebabes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by killamarsh
nuggets - being warmed up - yuk. I think I will stick with Singapore.
I know, the children seem to get all the c***! What's Singapore like? Have you flown with them before - we were thinking of flying with them the next time.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:24 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I always call that re-formed meat stuff "plastic chicken" or "plastic meat"....makes my OH laugh....
I dont buy anything like that for my daughter - at home she eats the same adult meals as us (unless it's too spicy for her).
The only thing she'll eat at McDonalds is the fries - she's spat out nuggets etc in there in the past....
Yikes, hopefully no-one will see her do that on the plane - seeing as she normally asks for one of our hands to spit out whatever into!!!!

I was just panicking incase there wasn't fruit etc - as i'm probably going to have to bribe her with sweets etc for good behaviour at some point during the 20+ hours from leaving home - and want to avoid it if possible whilst on the plane as she can become the child from hell once those E-numbers etc take hold!!!
Me and the OH have already said we'll need a whole change of clothes for ourselves - i have visions of having the youngest's handprints and bits of food all over me. Heaven forbid he has a cold as well - like he has at the moment - otherwise i'll look like i've been slimed as well! he he!
I always carry some baggy trackie bottoms and a t shirt on a plane and get changed as soon after take off. That way I arrive and dont look as though I have just slept for 24 in my clothes in terms of creases and smell. Makes sleeping and being in your seat a whole lot more comfortable.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:31 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

when flying I take a few of the mini packets of cereal...the kids like to sit and munch away at those and they are nice an light to stick in the kids backpacks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.