Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Fly problem in Perth!!!

Fly problem in Perth!!!

Old Oct 17th 2009, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

merleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fly problem in Perth!!!

Originally Posted by munch
Now I know that people say Perth can be a bit of a problem for flies when the weather warms up, and I do remember it last year. But I have just opening the fly screen to go and get the washing in and me and kids all screamed - there must have been 80+ flies just waiting for us, the noise as well! They are all sat on the fly screen and windows in the alfesco area.
I shut the screen and thought I will wait a while or let OH do it when he gets home from work, unfortunatley, about 10 of the little buggers got in and they are the buzzing kind that are really annoying.
My question is, on every window and ceiling IN the house are loads of tiny little flies (bit like fruit flies) I havn't had any windows open or doors - how are they getting in? Nearest thing available was eldest son's lynk deodorant but think it has only made them all smell nice cos it asn't killed them!
The kids are on a mission to find them all, they have just pulled their pillows back on their beds and their are loads on the wall behind their headboards - don't think they will sleep tonight!!!
Debbie

australia + summer = flies
Old Oct 17th 2009, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

Originally Posted by merleoberon
thats true we arrived last year at this time to be told it only lasts a couple of weeks if that and it just went on and on seemed forever
Old Oct 17th 2009, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Mine's been vacuuming the ceilings all day. I've told him about 500 times that they'll all be dead in a couple of days but he won't listen.
Thats the small ones wait for the big ones your hover will be full
Old Oct 18th 2009, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

munch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nice

Thanks for your replies, problem sorted - we went to Bunnings & bought the DIY control bombs to bomb the house with, then went round this morning with the hoover, seems to have sorted it.
Not as many flies today but OMG so many redbacks in the garden, love the warm weather though and love winding everyone up in the UK how hot it is.
Debbie.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 8:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Outside our back door this morning looked like someone has sprinkled pepper all over with all the dead little flies. I haven't seen any spiders but we've got bees. Many many bees.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

They've vanished. I mean the thousands of little fruit fly ones, not the big ones. Not been bothered by them yet, so fingers crossed.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 11:01 am
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice

We've had both. The front of our house looked like it was speckled. We sprayed that Mortein Professional around the windows and doors and various other places. It's stopped the little buggers from congregating around the windows and doors now and our carport and house front looks like a fly mass murder scene, but we have still got the tiny ones. Apparently, if you have mulch on your garden the big flies breed in there, especially if it's compacted. As for the tiny ones, not sure where they come from, but we were assured by the guy in Bunnings that they would be gone soon. I hope so. It's costing a fortune in Mortein products, and no, the fly screens won't keep them out as they're smaller than the mesh.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 11:04 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luma
I'm also NOR and went outside and same thing - tons of little flies on the fly screen.

Are you in then dorothy!!!!! Is it that long ago since I saw you last............bloody hell where is my life going!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 18th 2009, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merleoberon
perth + summer = flies
Old Oct 19th 2009, 12:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Are you in then dorothy!!!!! Is it that long ago since I saw you last............bloody hell where is my life going!!!!!!!!!!!
We've been in for 3 months now! I think last time we saw you was at breakfast at the Blue Cube. We were going up to look at our still vacant land.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:43 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
We've been in for 3 months now! I think last time we saw you was at breakfast at the Blue Cube. We were going up to look at our still vacant land.

How's the build experience left you? We may give it a whirl. I'm full time now, got promoted - SRN 3 now. More money but less me time. Must catch up soon!
Old Oct 19th 2009, 12:19 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by sme
How's the build experience left you? We may give it a whirl. I'm full time now, got promoted - SRN 3 now. More money but less me time. Must catch up soon!
It was actually pretty good. I'll PM you my address and you guys come over for a drink and nosey around. We need to get to know your OH better - seems we have spent the kids' uni funds and inheritences at his work lately.