British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac......... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/fleetwood-mac-644568/)

The Bloke Dec 13th 2009 1:31 am

Fleetwood Mac.........

Anyone else going to see them at the Entertainment Centre on Tuesday night?

According to Perth media, they still have the rhythm.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertain...-1225809648641

koalakim Dec 13th 2009 2:52 am

Re: Fleetwood Mac.........

Noo...but they had good reviews down here in Melbourne so now I'm kicking myself we didn't go! Apparently for a bunch of pensioners they've still got it!

Concert tickets are so expensive here that you really, really want to have to see someone.

George Michael is playing one night in Mellie but I know the ticket would be wasted on OH so need to rally around the girls (or boys...:D) to see if anyone wants to go!

Loch Lomond Dec 13th 2009 5:40 am

I went last night in Perth. It should be renamed the Lyndsey Buckingham show. He was on top of his game for sure.
Well worth the money, for a bunch of pensioners (ar close to it) they can certainly entertain.

The Bloke Dec 13th 2009 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond (Post 8168468)
I went last night in Perth. It should be renamed the Lyndsey Buckingham show. He was on top of his game for sure.
Well worth the money, for a bunch of pensioners (ar close to it) they can certainly entertain.

That's the trouble. All the good performers/artists are approaching or in their 60's+. I'd rather pay the money to see them rather than the young "production-line" ones you see now.

moneypenny20 Dec 13th 2009 7:36 am

Originally Posted by koalakim (Post 8168265)

George Michael is playing one night in Mellie but I know the ticket would be wasted on OH so need to rally around the girls (or boys...:D) to see if anyone wants to go!

Pissed that he's not coming up here. :(

Mitzyboy Dec 13th 2009 7:40 am

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 8168545)
That's the trouble. All the good performers/artists are approaching or in their 60's+. I'd rather pay the money to see them rather than the young "production-line" ones you see now.

I saw them at Birmingham in the late 70's :blink:

The Bloke Dec 13th 2009 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 8168575)
I saw them at Birmingham in the late 70's :blink:

Have seen Kiss, Def Leppard, The Highwaymen (Cash, Kristoffeson, Jennings and Nelson), Alice Cooper.... can't top any of them. :thumbup:
Probably the performer that I missed, and really wished I had, was Roy Orbison. Wouldn't mind seeing Cold Chisel, if they reform for a tour.

bobbyftm Dec 13th 2009 8:19 am

We're popping along for their concert :thumbsup: Should be a bit calmer than last weeks affair with Greenday who i must say were very good :)

Grayling Dec 13th 2009 8:23 am

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 8168545)

Just booked tickets to see the 'Buena Vista Social club' on Southbank in April:thumbup:

they are mostly in their 80's and 90's:ohmy:

The Bloke Dec 13th 2009 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 8168623)
Just booked tickets to see the 'Buena Vista Social club' on Southbank in April:thumbup:

they are mostly in their 80's and 90's:ohmy:

From Ticketek?

The Bloke Dec 13th 2009 8:26 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 8168621)
We're popping along for their concert :thumbsup: Should be a bit calmer than last weeks affair with Greenday who i must say were very good :)

P and I might catch up with you there?

viviennef Dec 13th 2009 8:26 am

I want to go! My list of people I have seen live is rather long and would make me look like a complete liar. Too many summers spent in a tent by the main stage at Glastonbury I'm afraid. U2 are apparently headlining next year - I really wish I could go.

Saw Greenday there - they are awesome.

My favourite performers live were David Bowie, Cold Play and the Verve.
Least favourite was Paul Simon and Prince - and I like both.

Grayling Dec 13th 2009 8:28 am

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 8168626)
From Ticketek?

No....Qtix.

G

The Bloke Dec 13th 2009 8:30 am

Originally Posted by viviennef (Post 8168628)
I want to go!

Don't know if there are any seats left.....http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...c-2c558eac096b

The Bloke Dec 13th 2009 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 8168631)
No....Qtix.

G

Might have a look. Thanks....:)