Fitness Ideas

Old May 31st 2015, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fitness Ideas

Ok. Need to get into something a little regular and organised a couple of times a week. Can't play rugby or football anymore, keep breaking stuff, find running, cycling and swimming a little dull and a little hard to get motivated for, can't stand the gym.

I was thinking about trying to join an indoor cricket team, or perhaps looking into pilaties (though never tried it) as I am as tight as a guitar string.

Any ideas for some regular fun fitness that doesn't require motivation?
Old May 31st 2015, 9:19 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fitness Ideas

Originally Posted by Beoz
Overly athletic sex?
Old May 31st 2015, 9:26 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Ok. Need to get into something a little regular and organised a couple of times a week. Can't play rugby or football anymore, keep breaking stuff, find running, cycling and swimming a little dull and a little hard to get motivated for, can't stand the gym.

I was thinking about trying to join an indoor cricket team, or perhaps looking into pilaties (though never tried it) as I am as tight as a guitar string.

I think all activities require a degree of motivation.

If cricket interests you then you are more likely to stick to it.
Old May 31st 2015, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

You've talked yourself out of getting fit whilst suggesting you want to get fit. Running can be boring but its the cheapest and easiest way to get fit. It is also the best way to unwind from a killer of a day at work. Plus, getting a new personal best every week is very rewarding if you push yourself for it.

No point getting off the couch if you think its hard work. Sign up to the Sydney Running Festival today and you'll have enough incentive to start training immediately.

A piece of advice I woud give you, commit yourself to two weeks of training 4 times a week. Once you get to the end of it, you'll see a difference and want to continue. But start slow and only do 30 minute jogs just about walking pace. That way you aren't disheartened by lack of fitness but encouraged by accomplishing your goal. And drink lots of water.
Old May 31st 2015, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
You've talked yourself out of getting fit whilst suggesting you want to get fit. Running can be boring but its the cheapest and easiest way to get fit. It is also the best way to unwind from a killer of a day at work. Plus, getting a new personal best every week is very rewarding if you push yourself for it.

No point getting off the couch if you think its hard work. Sign up to the Sydney Running Festival today and you'll have enough incentive to start training immediately.

A piece of advice I woud give you, commit yourself to two weeks of training 4 times a week. Once you get to the end of it, you'll see a difference and want to continue. But start slow and only do 30 minute jogs just about walking pace. That way you aren't disheartened by lack of fitness but encouraged by accomplishing your goal. And drink lots of water.
Yep its certainly the easiest and most productive, though I'm trying to preserve what knees I have left for skiing. ........ and there aint much knee stuff left after 3 cartilage repairs.
Old May 31st 2015, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
Overly athletic sex?
Best suggestion so far.
Old May 31st 2015, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thinking about it I need some type of team sport. You turn up if your in a team. Perhaps indoor cricket is it. I'd love to play a bit of indoor soccer again but I snapped an achillies in my last outing.
Old May 31st 2015, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

You're doing it wrong
Old May 31st 2015, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
You're doing it wrong
Ok, over to you, what is the right way ...... that's the question here.
Old Jun 1st 2015, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

JuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond reputeJuneSpring has a reputation beyond repute

Yoga or pilates, as long as you don't feel competitive about it. It's a personal sport and don't feel bad about being tight, take it slowly.
Old Jun 1st 2015, 2:22 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking about it I need some type of team sport. You turn up if your in a team. ......
Overly athletic team sex?
Old Jun 1st 2015, 2:34 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Overly athletic team sex?
Synchronised Shagging?
Remove Dressage ?
Four Man Downhill Bob ?

Old Jun 1st 2015, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Something tells me Mrs Beoz isn't going to let me do this.
Old Jun 1st 2015, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

You may have already tried it but I find commuter cycling great (as opposed to sports cycling)...because it has a purpose it doesn't feel like exercise...can keep it interesting by exploring different places on your commute. Get to really learn your city like never before if you're an urban explorer busy body like me. Plus it replaces something else, your old commute, rather than just adding time like planned exercise. As a bonus you save money and feel happier.

I've never been a fan of exercise either and with this and a couple of games of futsal (mad keen football player) I manage around 12 hours exercise a week while enjoying all of it.

Last edited by fish.01; Jun 1st 2015 at 10:36 am.
Old Jun 1st 2015, 10:54 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

No idea where you live other than Australia...But if you are near the beach body surfing is a workout, and fun. Much more interesting than laps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.