Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The first mistake in the bible!

The first mistake in the bible!

Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Imbued is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The first mistake in the bible!

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Unfortunately, in Buddhism, it's only available to men. Not quite the cuddly lovely religion everyone makes it out to be.
Tibets hold women the highest, and feel that all reprect should go to women, that they can never be re-paid for the pain they go through to have you, and that you should treat all women as your mother. I'm not saying they are totally right, I'm saying look at what they all have in common, thier is no complete faith, they are all amaller peices to a much bigger puzzle,

heres my arguement for people who want physical proof, prove to me you love your mother. If you want 3 dimensional proof of soemthign that is not 3 dimensional, then you will never find it. You will never see what you dont look for, you will always find what you look for.

Science is great, but if you wanna set what to beleive on science, then you're always live in a 3 dimensional world. Only a fool would subscribe to one belief, our understand changes, Believing in only science, would have left people to believe in only gravity, when newton found it, we know theres much more then that now, and with quantum theory now, its all converging, faiths, spirituality, and science physics.

So by only agreeing on one thing, doesnt mean the rest doesnt exist, it means you stopped looking.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 12:24 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

In the beginning, the lord God almighty turned to his best mate, the archangel Gabriel, and
said: "Gabby, today I am going to create a beautiful part of the earth and I will call it Wales.
I will make a country of breathtaking blue lakes, rich green forests and dark beautiful
mountains. Which from time to time will be snow covered. I will give it clear, swift rivers,
which will overflow with salmon and trout. The land shall be lush and fertile on which the people can raise cattle and grow their food, as well as being rich with precious metals and stones that will be sought after the world over.

Underneath the land I shall lay rich seams of coal for the inhabitants to mine. Around the
coast, I will make some of the most beautiful areas in the world. Golden sandy beaches and cliffs
that will attract all manner of wildlife. With lots of islands that will be like a paradise to
all who visit them. In the deep blue waters around the shores, there will be an abundance of sea
life. The people who live there will be called the Welsh and will be the friendliest people on
earth."

"Excuse me sir," interrupted the archangel Gabriel, "dont you think your being a bit too
generous to these Welsh?"
"Don't talk rubbish," replied the lord. "Wait till you see the neighbours I'm giving them"!

Old Jul 1st 2007, 12:47 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Imbued
Tibets hold women the highest, and feel that all reprect should go to women, that they can never be re-paid for the pain they go through to have you, and that you should treat all women as your mother. I'm not saying they are totally right, I'm saying look at what they all have in common, thier is no complete faith, they are all amaller peices to a much bigger puzzle,
Unfortunately a different result occurred in Japan as a result of the introduction of Buddhism.

heres my arguement for people who want physical proof, prove to me you love your mother. If you want 3 dimensional proof of soemthign that is not 3 dimensional, then you will never find it. You will never see what you dont look for, you will always find what you look for.
In my experience, people of blind faith only select those things that confirm their beliefs. The scientific method forces science to look at other possibilities and sometimes they find things that they are not looking for. Scientists are however human and can corrupt this method. When they do, this is not real science.

Science is great, but if you wanna set what to beleive on science, then you're always live in a 3 dimensional world. Only a fool would subscribe to one belief, our understand changes, Believing in only science, would have left people to believe in only gravity, when newton found it, we know theres much more then that now, and with quantum theory now, its all converging, faiths, spirituality, and science physics.

So by only agreeing on one thing, doesnt mean the rest doesnt exist, it means you stopped looking.
To me, the advantage that science has over other belief systems is that it continually tries to prove itself wrong and by doing so moved nearer to the truth. Using your example, Newton's theories on gravity were eventually challenged by another scientist Einstein and Newton's theories became subsumed into Einstein's greater theory (which may in turn be challenged and superseded by another theory). This process of testing previous assumptions and theories, is what, people of blind faith usually attack because with blind faith they always know how things work, for sure, but scientists keep changing their minds.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:16 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely not. Science is about making a leap, positing a hypothesis, asking a question - and then setting out to prove or disprove it by experimentation. By your rationale science would have stopped around the time of Aristotle. Science is infinitely more daring than religious faith, which is set on a list of doctines set in stone two millenia ago.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 5:18 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so you have no physical proof for why you belive. So tell us why you do then? Where have you seen enough proof to belive that god exists?
Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:55 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

What I'd like to know if God is Great, caring and all the rest why is there so much suffering in the world? Children for starters, they are innocent yet some suffer so much in so many ways. The majority of Wars, are caused mainly because of religion. And where was was god when all the Jews were murdered and all the other atrocities that have been visited on mankind throughout the ages? Sure religion gives some good guidelines to live by but thats about it! Its all about control! Do as God or the preacherman says or you'll be damned! What amazes me is how people can believe whats written in a book when there is no proof that its true!
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 5:27 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Absolutely not. Science is about making a leap, positing a hypothesis, asking a question - and then setting out to prove or disprove it by experimentation. By your rationale science would have stopped around the time of Aristotle. Science is infinitely more daring than religious faith, which is set on a list of doctines set in stone two millenia ago.
Yes, and certainly doesn't encourage people to question or experiment with it. In fact, such activities have been heavily frowned upon in the past...

S
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 5:38 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meelie
What I'd like to know if God is Great, caring and all the rest why is there so much suffering in the world? Children for starters, they are innocent yet some suffer so much in so many ways. The majority of Wars, are caused mainly because of religion. And where was was god when all the Jews were murdered and all the other atrocities that have been visited on mankind throughout the ages? Sure religion gives some good guidelines to live by but thats about it! Its all about control! Do as God or the preacherman says or you'll be damned! What amazes me is how people can believe whats written in a book when there is no proof that its true!
People want to believe because they want to believe that they will carry on after they die. It's as simple as that. Hutch described it as a 'crutch' which is quite accurate. Humans are so petrified by the realisation of their own mortality that they need something to cling to that makes them feel there is something more out there that can define their existence.

In many ways, the truly enlightened are the folks who have come to terms with this, and understand that their life is nothing more than a series of complex chemical reactions. It allows them to actually live their lives instead of living in fear.

S
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Again the believers have gone all quiet.
Come on chaps, come out to play.
I'm interested in your reply to the question below from a day or 2 ago.....

'Ok, so you have no physical proof for why you belive. So tell us why you do then? Where have you seen enough proof to belive that god exists?'
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 5:55 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they have all seen the light
Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Again the believers have gone all quiet.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
or they're just blinded by the light
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:23 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
More likely that deep down they know what they believe to be false and by discussing it on here just highlights the falseness of ot all. If you were walking a termite infested gangplank the last thing you would want to do is jump up and down on it.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:24 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arkon
More likely that deep down they know what they believe to be false and by discussing it on here just highlights the falseness of ot all. If you were walking a termite infested gangplank the last thing you would want to do is jump up and down on it.
They don't need to discuss it with non believers. They have faith they're right. Who can argue with that?

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:28 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by iPom
They don't need to discuss it with non believers. They have faith they're right. Who can argue with that?

So what your trying to say, is for the first time ever we have a thread on BE that's almost impossible to have an agument on, The non belivers just use logic and the belivers using faith and so therefore can't actually argue for or against logic. So if we can't argue how long do you think before they start getting all fanatical and killing people then?
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:04 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arkon
So what your trying to say, is for the first time ever we have a thread on BE that's almost impossible to have an agument on, The non belivers just use logic and the belivers using faith and so therefore can't actually argue for or against logic. So if we can't argue how long do you think before they start getting all fanatical and killing people then?
Logically?

About three years...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.