Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

First of the goodbye parties... : (

Wikiposts

First of the goodbye parties... : (

Old May 10th 2008, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

luula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really nice
Unhappy First of the goodbye parties... : (

Well the farewells have finally started and they are just as sad as I imagined they would be! Dont know how many more emotions I'll be able to stand before we go. The children had a fab time with all their friends, but I dont think they truly realise that we're going to be leaving everyone really soon and it's just going to be the 4 of us....my mum and grandparents gave the children little special pressies and my mum has given them cards with some heart wrenching words inside.. I know we're doing the right thing , but I just feel so bloody guilty for taking the children away.

We are flying to Hong on the 8/6 and then on to Adelaide on the 13/6 so we have 4 weeks left to go. I am starting to seriously feel the reality of what we're doing and now I can't wait to get there!! I expect many of you understand and have been through many similar situations before you left.... I just hope we get there without having an emotional breakdown!!!!

Sorry to waffle on and on.. just having one of those days, think I'm going to have a long glass of g & t xx

Last edited by luula; May 10th 2008 at 4:51 am. Reason: spelling!
Old May 10th 2008, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First of the goodbye parties... : (

It will be hard but just keep the goal in sight. It will all be worth it when you get there
Lots of luck & lots of kleenex
Old May 10th 2008, 12:51 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Best Wishes to you all. We have got it to come and I am not looking forward to it. Good luck.
Old May 10th 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

luula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really niceluula is just really nice

Thanks for your replies... feeling loads better today. Going to make a start on the box packing!!

xx
Old May 10th 2008, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luula
Thanks for your replies... feeling loads better today. Going to make a start on the box packing!!

xx
Well done!
Old May 11th 2008, 9:00 am
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

Gosh I fly on the 10/6 and I don't think we are starting farewells until 7th June LOL...

It's hard deciding what to do , I have one set of friends In Grantham, 2 lots of work colleagues in Lincoln and family in Grimsby. Everyone wants to get together before we go but how I can fit them all in I dont know.

Good luck with the rest of your goodbyes.