Wikiposts

First day at school

Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:01 pm
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all
Default First day at school

Hi,

Today was my boys first day at their new school. One went in all excited and couldn't wait to meet his new class mates. The other was very nervous and was not looking forward to it at all. I left them in their teachers capable hands and spent all day worrying about them. Went to pick them up and they both came out of school with smiles on their faces saying "it was the best school ever" and they haven't stopped telling me all about their day. I'm so pleased.

Nikki
Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First day at school

Originally Posted by dickchap
Hi,

Today was my boys first day at their new school. One went in all excited and couldn't wait to meet his new class mates. The other was very nervous and was not looking forward to it at all. I left them in their teachers capable hands and spent all day worrying about them. Went to pick them up and they both came out of school with smiles on their faces saying "it was the best school ever" and they haven't stopped telling me all about their day. I'm so pleased.

Nikki
That's great. There's nothing better than seeing your kids happy!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:08 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dickchap
Hi,

Nikki
Excellent Niki! :0
Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Thats wonderfull! I have one boy who loves his school and the younger one hates his.
x
Old Nov 6th 2008, 5:59 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I felt so sick when i took my kids to their new school, i was more nervous than them
Took them about a week to settle, so that was quite good i thought.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Truth to tell, we generally worry more about things than they do. Our little un was 4 years and 4 days when he started school - full time. I was worried sick that he wouldn't cope, but I can honestly say it has done him the power of good. Starting school in a new country - wow that must be really hard, but sounds like you've brought them up to take things in their stride. One of the girls in my daughter's class who is 8 years, still has to have her mum with her at parties and even then won't leave her side. It's bloody ridiculous and I think her mum is completely wrong for pandering to the situation. Well done all of you.

Lorraine
Old Nov 6th 2008, 11:38 pm
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

I'm so glad they settled in so well - and so quickly.

I used to teach in Asia and it was aways wonderful to see younger children settle into their new schools so easily. I think children are just looking to enjoy themselves and they don't mind who they are with when they do it!!