Reload this Page >

FIRES! Is everyone ok?

FIRES! Is everyone ok?

Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:58 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FIRES! Is everyone ok?

Originally Posted by Kim67
Hi everyone - hope you're all safe. MartinLuther, how's Nar Nar Goon and surrounds doing? I have a niece there and sister, two other neices, their husbands and kids not far away. I haven't heard from any of them and was wondering if they're still on alert or whether things are getting better.
Can't say for sure but the bit south of the freeway was okay when we were there. There was a fire north of the freeway near the BP service station on the junction that takes you to Longwarry. We were stationed in a golf club near Drouin for a while but the fire went to the east towards Warragul. On the east side of Warragul the fire was on the south side of the freeway and it was this fire that headed towards Nilma after the wind change.

We didn't see anything when we were returning along the freeway so I'm guessing that things were okay at Nar Nar Goon.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Feb 8th 2009 at 5:02 am.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Can't say for sure but the bit south of the freeway was okay when we were there. There was a fire north of the freeway near the BP service station on the junction that takes you to Longwarry. We were stationed in a golf club near Drouin for a while but the fire went to the east towards Warragul. On the east side of Warragul it was on the south side of the freeway and it was this fire that headed towards Nilma after the wind change.

We didn't see anything when we were returning along the freeway so I'm guessing that things were okay at Nar Nar Goon.
Thanks for that. One of my nieces seems to have been on facebook an hour ago saying that the weather's cooling down, so hopefully that means my gang are all okay. I'll keep watching for updates. Thanks again.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard from one of my nieces and my family are all safe - some of their friends have lost their properties and orchards, but at least all safe.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
I've heard from one of my nieces and my family are all safe - some of their friends have lost their properties and orchards, but at least all safe.
I am praying for you all. We had a bad bush fire up here my 1st summer but only 4 or 5 homes lost but still bad enough. Victoria is horrific, just checked and 65 confirmed dead and over 700 homes lost.

Some arsonist has lit one up here at Peats Ridge, why oh why do they do it. Lucky I cant smell or see smoke so hopefully its under control and far enough away. We havent had the heat like Melbourne.

I am thankful that tomorrow is forecast as 24 doesnt that sound like paradise.

Jo
Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Can't say for sure but the bit south of the freeway was okay when we were there. There was a fire north of the freeway near the BP service station on the junction that takes you to Longwarry. We were stationed in a golf club near Drouin for a while but the fire went to the east towards Warragul. On the east side of Warragul the fire was on the south side of the freeway and it was this fire that headed towards Nilma after the wind change.

We sent a Slip on crew down there yesterday and they were back 7pm.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I was sent a really cute email about a koala who in all the heat stumbled onto a veranda to escape from some of it. The owners put a bowl of water down for it and it drank then climed in, really cute but I cant paste it to big. Might be worth people all over the place wherever you are in the hot weather to put a bowl or 2 of water at the bottom of your garden etc just in case they need it.

Jo
Old Feb 8th 2009, 7:12 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
I was sent a really cute email about a koala who in all the heat stumbled onto a veranda to escape from some of it. The owners put a bowl of water down for it and it drank then climed in, really cute but I cant paste it to big. Might be worth people all over the place wherever you are in the hot weather to put a bowl or 2 of water at the bottom of your garden etc just in case they need it.

Jo
It is a cute pic for sure ;-)
Lucky little fella !

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...9315_news.html
Attached Thumbnails FIRES! Is everyone ok?-koalamain_725615a.jpg  

Last edited by DownUnderPaddy; Feb 8th 2009 at 7:15 am.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 8:44 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

My cousin is working down that way and said it's been mad. She's an ED nurse and said the burns victims are just pouring through the door. Heart goes out to everyone there

Ginny
Old Feb 8th 2009, 8:54 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I am just checking the news now for updates.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I am just checking the news now for updates.

Just read a couple of schools have been burnt down, imagine if the fires had been on a weekday.

Remember being told by a School Principal down there about the fire proof room they had in case of bushfire cutting them off, fires can come through so quick you cant get out.

It sent chills down my spine then, let alone now.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:30 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

They have just reported that the Channel 9 presenter and her husband are missing.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:39 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the live streaming link for Melbournes 774 ABC radio (they are providing continuous updates) for anyone that may find it helpful.

http://www.abc.net.au/melbourne/radi.../774stream.ram

Last edited by DownUnderPaddy; Feb 8th 2009 at 9:44 am.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
They have just reported that the Channel 9 presenter and her husband are missing.

Former Nine Network newsreader Brian Naylor, whose family had a property at Kinglake West, was missing feared dead while his wife Moiree had been confirmed killed
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Just back from Adelaide, and going to work. My Closest Workmate The Italian lady's Husband owns the only Mechanics Workshop in Wandong. Hopefully She and the rest of her family are OK. They Live in Beveridge, which is to the Left of Whittlsea.

I should imagine she would be fine.

off to work now.

What a sad time.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:48 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

We're thinking of everyone in Vic tonight- it's hard to comprehend what's happening, the footage is awful and terrifying. Stay safe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.