Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

FIRES! Is everyone ok?

FIRES! Is everyone ok?

Old Feb 8th 2009, 8:12 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FIRES! Is everyone ok?

This is awful so many dead, so many harrowing tales and it will go on as there is no rain forecast for the week of any use.

So many lives ruined it's so vast a scale that it is hard to comprehend.
RIP those who died
Sympathy and love to those who survived
respect to all the people fighting the fires and helping the survivors

I don't see how some of those areas will ever recover
Old Feb 8th 2009, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

What makes me so so angry is about the arsonists that have lit some of these fires. They get called 'firebugs' but that word is just not sufficient - it almost makes them sound like little cute things who can't help it. They are complete scum!!! So many of the places just round the corner from us have just been devastated and quite a bit of it is down to these people who apparently are just looking for a bit of 'attention' . I hope they rot in hell.:curse:

My thoughts go out to everyone who is missing a loved one - all we can do is donate money and it makes us feel so helpless when we know no amount of money will ever repair these peoples lives.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:29 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
They get called 'firebugs' but that word is just not sufficient - it almost makes them sound like little cute things who can't help it. They are complete scum!!!
Aye - bit like calling people who steal cars and drive them recklessly on the streets with no regard for human like 'joyriders'.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:30 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I am so worried about my family and friends.
I know there were fires in Coldstream does anyone know what happened?
Got friends in Healesville and Marysville i am just praying they are safe
I can't believe the devistation on the news here.
I grew up watching Brian Naylor on the news and remember the fires of Ash wednesday as a kid. It was scary then and its worse now.
Keep safe
J x
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:31 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

This news is pretty depressing,thoughts with those affected.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Andromada has a spectacular aura aboutAndromada has a spectacular aura aboutAndromada has a spectacular aura about

MY sister lives in Beaconsfield in Victoria, havent heard from her since yesterday evening, feeling a bit worried now, I am sure she is fine but you can't help worrying. I know her hubby has been out fighting fires at Packenham and my niece lives in Berwick. Just hope their all fine.
keep listening to the news and its just so upsetting to think of all those lives lost and the wildlife, very frightening and worrying.
Andix

Last edited by Andromada; Feb 8th 2009 at 11:36 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 12:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
I am so worried about my family and friends.
I can't believe the devistation on the news here.
I grew up watching Brian Naylor on the news and remember the fires of Ash wednesday as a kid. It was scary then and its worse now.
Keep safe
J x
Originally Posted by Andromada
MY sister lives in Beaconsfield in Victoria, havent heard from her since yesterday evening, feeling a bit worried now, I am sure she is fine but you can't help worrying. I know her hubby has been out fighting fires at Packenham and my niece lives in Berwick. Just hope their all fine.
keep listening to the news and its just so upsetting to think of all those lives lost and the wildlife, very frightening and worrying.
Andix
I can't imagine how you girls must be feeling. All you can do is hope that everyone is safe and will contact you as soon as they can.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Andromada has a spectacular aura aboutAndromada has a spectacular aura aboutAndromada has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Dorothy
I am sure their OK but you can't help worrying after seeing the news etc.
Andixx
Old Feb 9th 2009, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

So guys, how are the Pakenham fires going overnight? Still burning strong or did the cooler weather stay around overnight and allow the firies to get some control? Got an email from my sis late yesterday Dubai time (night time in Victoria), her husband had just arrived home from helping out and she was cut off from her three daughters by road block, but they were all okay, hoping that's still the case.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Just feel so so helpless watching on the TV- its chilling to think that can happen so quickly.....my prayers are for them.

The red cross are doing monetary donations i think:
www.redcross.com.au
Old Feb 9th 2009, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

My close Italian Workmate "Carmel" didnt turn up for work last night. We learnt that Her Husband and Teenage sons, had been fighting the fires close to their Vehicle mechanics workshop. The business did come close to burning down. They are all safe albeit very tired. The roads were still blocked around where they live last night. They are bound to have people they know involved in this, as he is the local major mechanic in the Wandong region.

So not sure when she will be back to work, as there is obviously going to be a high emotional cost.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jaycee1;7264460]I am so worried about my family and friends.

I think Healesville missed the worst of it, Marysville wasn't so lucky

Hope they are ok.

John
Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Andromada;7264486]MY sister lives in Beaconsfield in Victoria, havent heard from her since yesterday evening, feeling a bit worried now, I am sure she is fine but you can't help worrying. I know her hubby has been out fighting fires at Packenham and my niece lives in Berwick. Just hope their all fine.

A work mate of mine lives in Beaconsfield and he said the fires got about 2kms from them so your Sister should be ok.

John
Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Lanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud of

Death toll now stands at 128 (CNN news)

Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone caught up in this horrifying event.

We have only been here 4 weeks and just cannot comprehend the unfolding nightmare.

Sarah
Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Oh my god, i feel so sad. I just cant believe what has and what is happening, i feel so gutted for everybody. The poor people that have had their lives taken they must have been petrified its just unimaginable, shit i cant believe it !!!!!! I dont have a tv so iam reading this all on the internet and on here so iam not sure that iam getting up to date info sorry. Good luck to you all and the biggest of wishes of hope from myself and family, keep safe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.