Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

finding a job and feeling guilty about the kids

Wikiposts

finding a job and feeling guilty about the kids

Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:24 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: finding a job and feeling guilty about the kids

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Hi SB,

Kids, they really tug at the old heart stings don't they?

Listen, if you were able to stay at home then you would, like we all would, but as you say your finances dictate that you must find some work and that will be the same for most people. Children are always unsettled when they start school no matter where they are. I remember when my son started school, he went for 2 days and said he didn't want to go anymore! but now he loves it and is doing very well. On the other hand my friends little boy is in year 1 now and he still cries in the morning when she leaves him and she has always been a stay at home mum.

The important thing is that your daughter is settled after you have gone. And this seems to be the thing with most children. Five minutes after the parents have left, they are happily playing with the other kids.

It will take her a while for her to settle and you must try and not to feel guilty. Easier said than done. When I had my first child, I worked full time and it killed me going back to work and putting her in a nursery full time at 9 months old....but we needed the money! And as I say to my children now, if I don't work we don't have any money and can't do all the nice things together that we do.

I do sympathise with you SB, but going out to work doesn't make you a bad mother or anything, you are providing for your family hun!

Jackie xx
thanks jackie. the situation might not arise anyway, as to date i havent been offered the job. working out the finances though, with before and after school care, and losing some centrelink monies, it might not be cost effective. time to rethink, methinks....................
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:26 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Men!!

Get him to have a sickie and then he can take her Bet he's not up for it though!

It's awful isn't it, I hate it when they are upset, breaks your heart
it does wendy. i spent most of last night awake and upset worrying about it. what will happen will happen, i am a firm believer of that. another trip to Bi-Lo might be on the cards, for the night filling.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:39 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
it does wendy. i spent most of last night awake and upset worrying about it. what will happen will happen, i am a firm believer of that. another trip to Bi-Lo might be on the cards, for the night filling.
........well i didnt get the job anyway, somebody internal got the post.

like i said, what will be, will be.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sleeping Beauty

As I said on the phone, at least the decison was made for you, if you were offered it you would have taken it knowing it wasn't what you wanted.....I know the right job is waiting for you just round the corner, you might just have to walk a long straight road before you reach that corner!

Hang on in there hunny and see you next week!

Nikki (along with a cyber cuddle) xx
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:15 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

You are obviously destined for better things SB!

jackie x
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:15 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by Nikki
Hi Sleeping Beauty

As I said on the phone, at least the decison was made for you, if you were offered it you would have taken it knowing it wasn't what you wanted.....I know the right job is waiting for you just round the corner, you might just have to walk a long straight road before you reach that corner!

thanks for the boost...........
xxx
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nikki
Hi Sleeping Beauty

I agree with Nikki

Big hug from me too ((((xxxx))))
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:19 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
You are obviously destined for better things SB!

jackie x
...........yep, hopefully something that pays mega bucks, term time only, and the hours of 10-3............anybody? anything? just think of all those pm's that i will need to read with all the offers....... he he

thanks jackie........a kind word from some people does the trick sometimes.

xx
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:20 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by Wendy
I agree with Nikki

Big hug from me too ((((xxxx))))
.........now ya all will start me blubbing..................

at least i might me able to get a decent night sleep tonight though, there's one good thing to come out of this.