Wikiposts

finally realised

Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default finally realised

that I am a shit parent...step daughter has walked out tonight - so the proof is in the pudding so to speak.

completely gutted and at a loss - don't think I could feel any worse than I feel right now....but I do know this.

I must be doing something wrong.

thanks for listening to a sad old cow

Sarah
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:12 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: finally realised

Originally Posted by sasbear
that I am a shit parent...step daughter has walked out tonight - so the proof is in the pudding so to speak.

completely gutted and at a loss - don't think I could feel any worse than I feel right now....but I do know this.

Sarah
Sarah, stop it, you must stop now.

You're not a shit parent, a shit parent would not be feeling the way you do. You love her and are hurting.

What's happened, can we help?

Kath xxx
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:13 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah
kids - as a parent u always feel as tho you are doing something wrong! tis the worse job in the world and its also the hardest. can't really say more than that but tons of (((hugs)))
and no you aren't the worse parent it just feels like it at the mo x
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Sarah, stop it, you must stop now.

You're not a shit parent, a shit parent would not be feeling the way you do. You love her and are hurting.

What's happened, can we help?

Kath xxx

no one can - sorry - pete wont let me call police - he says she has made her mind up then she can go - but she is only 17
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:16 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

no one can - sorry - pete wont let me call police - he says she has made her mind up then she can go - but she is only 17
Oh Sarah, I hate to think of you feeling like this. Please please try not to be so hard on yourself, kids do this sort of thing all the time. She''ll be ok, really she will. I did the same myself at her age, several times.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:18 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Sarah, I hate to think of you feeling like this. Please please try not to be so hard on yourself, kids do this sort of thing all the time. She''ll be ok, really she will. I did the same myself at her age, several times.
yep 17 u think u know the world but unfortunately u don't - but know one esp a parent will convince u otherwise
BE Forum Addict

me too clippies - but this is hard - I am gonna go for a walk and clear my head - I just feel so bad I don't know what to do - thanks
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Shit situation but let her learn about life the way she wants,you can only do so much.Dont blame yourself,kids have been pulling this shit since beginning of time,im sure even Jesus was a pain in the ass at times.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

me too! teenagers are horrid, particuarly girls, im so sorry you are going through this, but you know no matter how great you are they are teenagers and are bound to strop over something.

She'll be back. ((hugs))
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:21 pm

me too clippies - but this is hard - I am gonna go for a walk and clear my head - I just feel so bad I don't know what to do - thanks
Sarah, please look after yourself love. I'm thinking of you, I have to log off now but you've got me elsewhere if you want me, if I can help or you just want to rant.

Please take care Sarah.

Kath xxx
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Hi Sarah

just wanted to say we went through this with my daughter when she was 16, there was a undesirable boyfriend in the picture and some very hurtful things were said but my OH ( her step dad) said you have to let her go, make sure she knows we are here whenever and whatever happens. We did and to cut long story short she realised that the grass wasn't greener in the big wide world and now we are closer than we ever were. She is now 20 and just moved in with a more suitable boyfriend, she is confident and happy and independent and as my very sensible OH says thats all down to us as parents. Kids are there for good and bad times alike. So chin up keep in touch with her by text or email to let her know you love her and it will all come right.

My thoughts are with you, because they are always your kids however big they get!!!

Sarah
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks everyone - she has just phoned.

Say's she wants to sort things out. hubby is still wound up badly and threatening to skin her alive. hopefully he will calm down by morning. Hopefully we can solve this.

Had a big argument - but the short story is she lied to us about something importnat - we bought her a car and she did burn outs - she denied it - we just took it to garage and he agred that she had been doing burn outs - we confronted her and she admitted it. punishment was dished out - and she couldn't hack the punishment - so she just flipped and left.

thing is I am not going back on the punishment - I don't think it is too severe - saying that being irresponisble in a 4 litre car could have killed someone - I think the punishment is just fine.

feeling calmer now - thanks again - sorry
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

don't be sorry, I would hope that we could all come here in times of need and find a shoulder to cry on or have a rant and nobody judge you. For those who have 'grown up' kids we know exactly what you're going through and those who don't have got it to come and probably remember their teenage years. I'm glad you're feeling a little better and hope things improve for you.
S xx
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:28 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks everyone - she has just phoned.

Say's she wants to sort things out. hubby is still wound up badly and threatening to skin her alive. hopefully he will calm down by morning. Hopefully we can solve this.

Had a big argument - but the short story is she lied to us about something importnat - we bought her a car and she did burn outs - she denied it - we just took it to garage and he agred that she had been doing burn outs - we confronted her and she admitted it. punishment was dished out - and she couldn't hack the punishment - so she just flipped and left.

thing is I am not going back on the punishment - I don't think it is too severe - saying that being irresponisble in a 4 litre car could have killed someone - I think the punishment is just fine.

feeling calmer now - thanks again - sorry
You are being a responsible parent by looking after her...it is her that is in the wrong and the sooner she realises that the better, in the worng hands cars are killers....they are not ment to be mistreated and the sooner she realises that the better. if she is going to do these kind of things then she is not mature enough to be driving a car. Stop beating yourself up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is in the wrong!!!!!!!!!!! and needs to grow up!!!! Good on ya mate....stick to your guns xxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 19th 2007, 1:17 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah
a wise man once said. at 17 you know everything and your parents know nothing... at 21 you cant believe how much your parents have learnt in 4 years !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.