Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Finally feeling like dorothy.....

Finally feeling like dorothy.....

Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:49 pm

Ruby slippers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally feeling like dorothy.....

Twister kicking in!!!! oooo..WHAT A WEEK!!!!! Visa granted Wednesday!!(Oh yeah,Oh yeah!!)!! If that wasn't enough my hub was given tickets to see We will rock you for Friday ( Was FANTASTIC!!) ..which was great as we stayed in London and spent Saturday at the Expo in Olympia. That was interesting...went along to find stuff out about Brissie...but came out wanting to move to Anywhere in oz as all governments were pushing their shiny brouchures our way. (Highlight of the day was the two old girls grabbing all the 'show bags' and freeby stress balls and pens...don't think they knew WHAT they were there for lol!!) Hubbie now FINALLY gone to tell his Parents....what to do, where to start....feeling a bit...: cry_ AT THE SAME TIME!!!!! Have started on the wine boxes..do you think it'll help????

Last edited by Ruby slippers; Oct 27th 2008 at 9:04 pm. Reason: no image, extra text..
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:44 pm

Default Re: Finally feeling like dorothy.....

Originally Posted by Ruby slippers
Twister kicking in!!!! oooo..WHAT A WEEK!!!!! Visa granted Wednesday!!(Oh yeah,Oh yeah!!)!! If that wasn't enough my hub was given tickets to see We will rock you for Friday ( Was FANTASTIC!!) ..which was great as we stayed in London and spent Saturday at the Expo in Olympia. That was interesting...went along to find stuff out about Brissie...but came out wanting to move to Anywhere in oz as all governments were pushing their shiny brouchures our way. (Highlight of the day was the two old girls grabbing all the 'show bags' and freeby stress balls and pens...don't think they knew WHAT they were there for lol!!) Hubbie now FINALLY gone to tell his Parents....what to do, where to start....feeling a bit...: cry_ AT THE SAME TIME!!!!! Have started on the wine boxes..do you think it'll help????
gee..one congratulations would be nice.....think I am the thread started from doom....lol!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

gee..one congratulations would be nice.....think I am the thread started from doom....lol!

Congratulations!

Hope all goes well with hubby telling his family.

Mxxx
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Congratulations!

Hope all goes well with hubby telling his family.

Mxxx
there is life out here!!! thanks!!!!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

there is life out here!!! thanks!!!!
I will second that.
Hope all your dreams come true!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by ausi dream
I will second that.
Hope all your dreams come true!
thanks! ausi dream. They are certainly becoming a reality at long last...funny how they are also getting very scary.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

thanks! ausi dream. They are certainly becoming a reality at long last...funny how they are also getting very scary.
No worries, take each day as it comes
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations

Sounds like you had a great week. Hope the inlaws take the news well. Both our families seem a bit disappointed that we liked Oz when we went to get our visas sorted. Think they were all hoping we wouldn't like it after all & we'd decide not to emigrate.

Alison x
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:39 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

It might be nice to wait more than 45 minutes before asking people to congratulate you. It may be that they didn't know what the thread was about, so didn't open it? Quite possibly people thought you were referring to feeling like me?
Old Oct 27th 2008, 11:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It might be nice to wait more than 45 minutes before asking people to congratulate you. It may be that they didn't know what the thread was about, so didn't open it? Quite possibly people thought you were referring to feeling like me?
Plus at 6.45am (Qld time when it was posted ) I rarely have my eyes open, never mind being able to congratulate someone!!!

Have started on the wine boxes..do you think it'll help????
They are a good way to start!!
Congrats on the visa
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:04 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Yeah that's what i thought lol
Old Oct 28th 2008, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Aussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the rough

Congrats on the Visa. Have you made your mind up yet about which part of Oz you're going to? We are still undecided between Adelaide and NSW, think NSW might be winning, but something always pulls me back to Adelaide! Have been to NSW but not A! Hmm....

We will rock you - AWESOME! Saw it a couple of years back, and want to see it again. Wasn't sure if I would like it (OH is the real Queen Fan) but I couldn't sit still - up dancing, singing etc. (Think OH would have slid under his seat if he could!)

What did the in laws say about your plans? Have to say that leaving my elderly mum will be the hardest thing. She says she will come out to Aus, but not sure if she really will...

Hope the wine boxes helped the celebrations, but how was your head the next day? You sound like a person after my own heart!

Lou x
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Got me pondering now, What is up with Dorothy? Whats Dorothy feeling like if i may ask?
Think i have missed something while my computer was playing up.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:45 am

Oops...sorry...Think I'm too used to the Saturday night post wine BE! A better title next time plus patience.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:48 am

Oops...sorry...Think I'm too used to the Saturday night post wine BE! A better title next time plus patience.
Got me pondering now, What is up with Dorothy? Whats Dorothy feeling like if i may ask?
Think i have missed something while my computer was playing up.

Sorry...confusion reigns! I was refering to Dorothy in Wiz of oz...unaware of the existance of another Dorothy....think I'll just forget this ..too worried I'll offed someone else!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.