Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Films that make you cry like a big girl

Wikiposts

Films that make you cry like a big girl

Old May 8th 2006, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Films that make you cry like a big girl

There's 3 films I can really remember crying at and they are

1) My Best Friends Wedding with Julia Roberts (really girly and you so wanted her to get her man at the end!)

2) An officer and a gentleman with Richard Gere (where his mate hangs himself)

3) Go towards the light (really old film)

I could go on all day as I cry at anything but I think these are the most memorable along with Top gun and titanic too.

Marie
Old May 8th 2006, 11:49 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

How about......

When Madge died in Neighbours
When Flynn died in Home and Away
or worse still......
When Henry went to New Zealand.........

Lynn
Old May 8th 2006, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ransi
Hels!...I had that meal today...thoroughly enjoyed it,plus I've got some left over...

haha...at first I thought you were gonna say it made you cry!!

Glad you enjoyed it and you will find the left overs are EVEN better!!
Old May 8th 2006, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by movetoperth
How about......

or worse still......

Lynn

Molly dying on A Country Practice!!!
Old May 8th 2006, 12:07 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I cried at....

'She's having a baby' (80's movie with Kevin Bacon) - I cried when the woman is rushed into hospital and you see that drop of blood hit the ground as the music plays hauntingly in the back ground and it is Kate Bush 'This woman's work' (or something like that)

Dirty Dancing Ok...maybe not a full blub fest but the whole 'No one puts baby in the corner' line does it for me every time.

Sliding doors - bit where she dies on the operating table...Ohhh god

gosh there is loads!

One tv ad that used to get me every time (not playing it now) was the cancer ad where they play a song in the background (something like 'You'll remember me, as the west wind blows, over the fields of Barley') and the old lady puts a scarf round her husbands neck and says 'wrap up warm dear' and then she disappears in the mirror and he is alone! And the little boy puts his hand out towards the mirror because he can see him Mum in it and then she disappears....

EDIT to say - 'Fields of Gold' by Eva Cassidy

Last edited by ElshaUK; May 8th 2006 at 12:19 pm.
Old May 8th 2006, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ElshaUK

One tv ad that used to get me every time (not playing it now) was the cancer ad where they play a song in the background (something like 'You'll remember me, as the west wind blows, over the fields of Barley') and the old lady puts a scarf round her husbands neck and says 'wrap up warm dear' and then she disappears in the mirror and he is alone! And the little boy puts his hand out towards the mirror because he can see him Mum in it and then she disappears....

I remember that Ad...used to get me every time.

I also shed a tear during dirty dancing but for totally different reasons, I think
Old May 8th 2006, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Oh yes, I remember another one - during four weddings and a funeral - the infamous WH Auden poem:

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead.
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
Old May 8th 2006, 1:32 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

not only do I blub everytime I watch armageddon I also cry whenever I hear aerosmith singing the song they play at the end, sad pap or what. so if you ever see a woman blubbing in a mazda tribute on the mitchell freeway, its me!

Another blubfest for me is A Walk to Remember, v soppy chick flick with Mandy Moore and an extremely yummy actor called Shane West, now in ER. I also sobbed my heart out during Corrie when Frankie found out that Danny was cheating on her with Leanne. Truly great acting from Deborah Stephenson and the georgous Bradley Walsh.
Old May 8th 2006, 2:33 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought of another one..... someone once gave one of my kids a book called "guess how much i love you" i can't get to the end of that without choking up. I tried to throw it out before we came over here but i couldn't do that either.

i guess i just blub at everything

Lynn
Old May 8th 2006, 9:38 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ElshaUK

ahh Fields of Gold - original by Sting one of my fav songs, lovely
Old May 8th 2006, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms

Yep, beautiful song. Also the theme tune to my favourite film of all time - Leon
Old May 8th 2006, 9:50 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

How about......

or worse still......

Lynn
Whoaaaaaa, Wait a minute. Flynn hasnt died yet in U.K but I am dreading it. I love home and away and cry almost every time I watch it. I know its gonna be a real tear jerker, boo hoo
Old May 8th 2006, 10:58 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Did he write it for Eva Cassidy to sing then? She recorded it back in the 90's I believe, as sadly she passed away in 96.

I have heard his version, but I prefer her haunting rendition.

Old May 8th 2006, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

How about......

Yes I also cried buckets at this

he's not dead here yet - but I've got the tissues in!

or worse still......
can't say I cried at that one, but I did cry when Meg died in home and away all those years ago!
Old May 9th 2006, 12:08 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

One that always used to set me off was

I know my first name is Steven

Oldie about boy who's abducted off a street and walks into a police station several years later only knowing his name!
Dies young leaving 2 kids
got lump in throat now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.