Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Feel like I'm the worst Mum in the world

Wikiposts

Feel like I'm the worst Mum in the world

Old Apr 25th 2006, 5:25 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Feel like I'm the worst Mum in the world

Originally Posted by sme
This is my daughters MSN pic

PMSL, won't show my teen this or she'll want one to

I was also a bit suspicious about her urine sample at the meds, coz she had threatened to put sugar in it

Last edited by Margaret2; Apr 25th 2006 at 5:36 am.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 8:13 pm
srd
Forum Regular

srd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nice

[QUOTE=mand8002]

Hi, how did you cope leaving a child behind, my 18 and 17 yr olds do not want to come with us, we are returning residents, my daughter who is nearly 16 has no choice, she is unhappy with us though, i have done the same as you and said when you are 18 we will pay for a return flight, hoping she wont take us up on it. My biggest worry is leaving the 17 year old, we desperately want him to come with us, how did you get your oldest to change their mind? please help, the worry is eating me up, thanks.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=srd]
Originally Posted by mand8002

Hi, how did you cope leaving a child behind, my 18 and 17 yr olds do not want to come with us, we are returning residents, my daughter who is nearly 16 has no choice, she is unhappy with us though, i have done the same as you and said when you are 18 we will pay for a return flight, hoping she wont take us up on it. My biggest worry is leaving the 17 year old, we desperately want him to come with us, how did you get your oldest to change their mind? please help, the worry is eating me up, thanks.
The eldest one has always said she would come at some point, it was the 16 almost 17 year old. Because she attends a boarding school in the UK we budgeted it into our finances to fly her out each holiday she has where she has at least 2 weeks. The more she comes the more she likes it and doesn't want to go back to England but it has got to the stage where she needs to finish her education there so she will be out next year after her A levels. I am not sure what I would have done if she had said she wasn't going to move as I was always fairly confident she would.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

daisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nice

[QUOTE=srd]
Originally Posted by mand8002

I Know how you feel I had a thread re my 16 year old soon to be 17 in may, its so hard one min she is coming the next shes not. My biggest worry is if I dont have my visas through by May 2007 then she will be 18 and I'm not sure what I do then. :scared:

I have asked her to try it for 1 year and if she doesn't like it we will pay for her flight home and help her to settle back in the UK, it does eat you up but you just have to take it as it comes, you have to live your life and explain your reasons why you want to emigrate and hope they understand.

I must admit my eldest does seem to be coming round to the idea and has even asked questions " do they have this in Oz, or do they do that in OZ and I think she now understands our reasons for wanting to emigrate.

Its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO difficult to please everyone especially when they are young adults but you are only ever a "day away" and that makes me feel better when I think of it like that.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:21 am
srd
Forum Regular

srd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nicesrd is just really nice

[QUOTE=daisydaydream][QUOTE=srd]

yes its hard, my problem is the 17 year old did not particularly settle when we were there before, he really wanted to return to uk, once back he found friendships difficult to find even though he returned to his old school, we have now been in uk for 2 years and he has for the last year had a new circle of friends, he has become close to these 2 other lads and this is the main reason he does not want to leave. my eldest who is nearly 19 is doing an apprenticeship and thats the reason he wants to stay, plus his friends, although he did make some nice friends when we were in oz and even went back last year to stay with one of them and the other then came over here to see him.
i guess i just want someone to wave a magic wand and tell me its ok they will follow you over at some point, i know no-one can do this, but would love to hear from anyone else in my position and to hear how they dealt with and coped with the situation. one of the things that make it difficult is having no timescale as our house sale is dragging itself out. i think if i could pinpoint when the move would be it would be easier. thanks for listening.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

daisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nicedaisydaydream is just really nice

[QUOTE=srd][QUOTE=daisydaydream]
Originally Posted by srd

yes its hard, my problem is the 17 year old did not particularly settle when we were there before, he really wanted to return to uk, once back he found friendships difficult to find even though he returned to his old school, we have now been in uk for 2 years and he has for the last year had a new circle of friends, he has become close to these 2 other lads and this is the main reason he does not want to leave. my eldest who is nearly 19 is doing an apprenticeship and thats the reason he wants to stay, plus his friends, although he did make some nice friends when we were in oz and even went back last year to stay with one of them and the other then came over here to see him.
i guess i just want someone to wave a magic wand and tell me its ok they will follow you over at some point, i know no-one can do this, but would love to hear from anyone else in my position and to hear how they dealt with and coped with the situation. one of the things that make it difficult is having no timescale as our house sale is dragging itself out. i think if i could pinpoint when the move would be it would be easier. thanks for listening.
I know the feeling about the fairy and wand thing and totally agree about the limbo of waiting around. It must be really hard for your youngest then if he has been and didnt really settle, but you have time on your hand (DIMIA) so who knows what can happen between now and when the Man from DIMIA says YESSSSS.

I wish I could wave the wand for you. Try and stay positive and if my eldest is anything to go by try not to push it to much, they do seem to come round to the idea but in there own time.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:09 am
srd
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Feel like I'm the worst Mum in the world

[QUOTE=daisydaydream][QUOTE=srd][QUOTE=daisydaydream]

we already have PR, just need to get back to oz before they run out!! he passed his driving test today which has given him even more independence, shall just have to keep my fingers crossed that he sees the light before its too late.