Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Fed up and F@*?£d Off!!!

Wikiposts

Fed up and F@*?£d Off!!!

Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:20 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fed up and F@*?£d Off!!!

We had an offer on the house last week. 10k below the asking price so we turned it down, however the guy was really interested and came back for another view on saturday. He spent an hour in the house, opening doors and draws, turning lights on and off, flushing toilets etc..

He complained that the sunromm/lean-to has no light. It was replastered a little while ago and the cable has yet to be chased back into the wall. (queue the mate who will do it for a mcdonalds ), the hall has a light in an odd place so doesnt give light to the whole hall (lamps are wonderful invention) and there is no light in the loft (I dont give a shit, too many spiders for me to ever venture up there anyway) He also didnt like the two seperate taps on the bath and sink, and would replace them with mixer taps. All very small points and very cheaply rectified.

He made me feel very uncomfortable at on point by showing my house on nethouseprice.com. He asked if I was right in expecting a 60k profit on the house. I politely told him that I bought the house 4.5 years ago, it was a shithole that needed gutting, and err that little thing called inflation.

It was all very positive by the end of the viewing and I had to stop him from making an offer there and then, and to go through the agent instead. Great, wait until Monday to speak to the agent.

Spoke to said agent today and he is refusing to up his offer, the work he will have to do means he cant up it. The "work" is the items I listed above.

It does not cost 10k to put in a couple of lights, buy a lamp and as far as the taps are concerned he can bog off, the ones that are in there are perfectly OK, if he doesnt like the look of them then tough!!

He also stated another reason for not upping his offer, my furniture is not included. WTF!!! What planet is he on!! How many people sell there house with all the furniture chucked in for 10k less than asking price.

He told me on Saturday that he was going to up his offer, so excuse me for getting a bit excited about this. Today I feel completely deflated and really angry at this tosspot

Why do we put ourselves through this?
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:25 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fed up and F@*?£d Off!!!

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
We had an offer on the house last week. 10k below the asking price so we turned it down, however the guy was really interested and came back for another view on saturday. He spent an hour in the house, opening doors and draws, turning lights on and off, flushing toilets etc..

He complained that the sunromm/lean-to has no light. It was replastered a little while ago and the cable has yet to be chased back into the wall. (queue the mate who will do it for a mcdonalds ), the hall has a light in an odd place so doesnt give light to the whole hall (lamps are wonderful invention) and there is no light in the loft (I dont give a shit, too many spiders for me to ever venture up there anyway) He also didnt like the two seperate taps on the bath and sink, and would replace them with mixer taps. All very small points and very cheaply rectified.

He made me feel very uncomfortable at on point by showing my house on nethouseprice.com. He asked if I was right in expecting a 60k profit on the house. I politely told him that I bought the house 4.5 years ago, it was a shithole that needed gutting, and err that little thing called inflation.

It was all very positive by the end of the viewing and I had to stop him from making an offer there and then, and to go through the agent instead. Great, wait until Monday to speak to the agent.

Spoke to said agent today and he is refusing to up his offer, the work he will have to do means he cant up it. The "work" is the items I listed above.

It does not cost 10k to put in a couple of lights, buy a lamp and as far as the taps are concerned he can bog off, the ones that are in there are perfectly OK, if he doesnt like the look of them then tough!!

He also stated another reason for not upping his offer, my furniture is not included. WTF!!! What planet is he on!! How many people sell there house with all the furniture chucked in for 10k less than asking price.

He told me on Saturday that he was going to up his offer, so excuse me for getting a bit excited about this. Today I feel completely deflated and really angry at this tosspot

Hope you told him to bugger off mate!! Some people might as well ask you to pay them to buy it!!
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

You have my sympathy hun, it's bloody awful the way some of them are. I wouldn't dream of putting someone elses house down in front of them.

Stick to your guns.
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Hope you told him to bugger off mate!! Some people might as well ask you to pay them to buy it!!
I even let the have a nappy to change there little girl. The nerve of some people
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

fantastic, what a w****r.

offer to get the jobs done yourself, bar the taps of course, cheeky git. have you told him you are on the move to the other side of the world? if so, he knows he's got you over a barrell, so to speak.

i feel really sorry for you, especially as it made out that he was going to up his offer on saturday. i really dont like the fact that people can find out how much you paid for your property. it is nobody's business but yours. we didnt even tell our friends how much we paid for our house, its none of their business. cheeky git (again!!)

hopefully sent you k to see if it will help
xx
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

I even let the have a nappy to change there little girl. The nerve of some people
Without judging you or your house, this guy obviously sees this as a business deal. He's trying to point out all the flaws he can find in an attempt for you to lower the price you'll settle for. Don't take it personally, because that's not his intent. He's just trying to buy something for as little money as possible.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:40 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Originally Posted by Toontje
Without judging you or your house, this guy obviously sees this as a business deal. He's trying to point out all the flaws he can find in an attempt for you to lower the price you'll settle for. Don't take it personally, because that's not his intent. He's just trying to buy something for as little money as possible.
Absolutely right. Its not that he picked out flaws that bothers me, they are all small details really. Its the fact that I had to stop him putting in an offer on Saturday, as I would rather the agent deal with it, then he turns round and cites £100 worth of work as a reason to stick to 10k under
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:57 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

lets face it mate this whole house selling lark is sh*t but we'll get there in the end
Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:00 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Originally Posted by Rooksie
lets face it mate this whole house selling lark is sh*t but we'll get there in the end
Lets hope, come the end of Feb we are either going to have to take a low offer or validate.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely right. Its not that he picked out flaws that bothers me, they are all small details really. Its the fact that I had to stop him putting in an offer on Saturday, as I would rather the agent deal with it, then he turns round and cites £100 worth of work as a reason to stick to 10k under
If the guy has two left hands, he'll have to hire someone to do the work. It won't cost him 10k, but he's simply using the fact as something to bargain with.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:05 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Don't know about your area but is there a glut of houses on the market??
The guy sounds a total Pr67k,Me,I'd accept his shitty offer,let him go through with surveys etc and then tell him to go to a run and jump and f576k right off!! that is unless he wants to pay another 10k!! Which he may do as he sounds like he likes your house,see how far he'll go,what have you got to lose,to many tyre kickers on the housing market by the sound of things on here,Me i'd be as awkward as you like if it was my house,unless your desperate to sell play hard ball and keep smiling!
Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:24 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets hope, come the end of Feb we are either going to have to take a low offer or validate.

we have reduced twice mate and are well under valuation but havent even had a second viewing!!!! our plan b is to rent which we really dont want to do
Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:32 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Originally Posted by Rooksie
we have reduced twice mate and are well under valuation but havent even had a second viewing!!!! our plan b is to rent which we really dont want to do
We are on the 2nd reduction too. I've been looking at the new places going on the market in my area and they seem to be higher than my original price. So we are a bargain.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We are on the 2nd reduction too. I've been looking at the new places going on the market in my area and they seem to be higher than my original price. So we are a bargain.
Then stick to your price. Or try to find something inbetween his offer and your asking price. It's better to sell your house a bit cheaper than you intended to than ending up being stuck with it.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:41 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
He's Dutch?

In the US housing market, a $100 repair can result in more than $100 less in valuation, because people want everything done for them before they move in so as not to inconvenience them. As someone who has done her share of sitting around waiting for various repair persons I can assure you that the cost of the repair + inconvenience + my time = much more than just the cost of the repair!

If the repair or change is something that would appeal to most buyers, it is better to do it up front rather than knocking down the price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.