British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Favourite Christmas present as a youngster (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/favourite-christmas-present-youngster-941839/)

brits1 Dec 6th 2021 12:50 pm

Favourite Christmas present as a youngster

A Christmas theme thread….just wanted to know what was your favourite Christmas present as a child…Mine was a (and this was a close call) a Cindy Doll….I was thrilled when I opened that box I still remember that feeling lol but it was a close call as I just loved Action Man with eagle eyes and gripping hands (I wish lol) My older brother favourite was a scalextric (I know that’s how my love affair with formula 1 started) my eldest son said his was a Nintendo game cube console.

spouse of scouse Dec 7th 2021 4:04 am

Re: Favourite Christmas present as a youngster

Originally Posted by brits1 (Post 13078929)
A Christmas theme thread….just wanted to know what was your favourite Christmas present as a child…Mine was a (and this was a close call) a Cindy Doll….I was thrilled when I opened that box I still remember that feeling lol but it was a close call as I just loved Action Man with eagle eyes and gripping hands (I wish lol) My older brother favourite was a scalextric (I know that’s how my love affair with formula 1 started) my eldest son said his was a Nintendo game cube console.

I'm tossing up between a doll I named Daisy, and a transistor radio (showing my age there!).

spouse of scouse Dec 7th 2021 4:05 am

If that was meant to be funny DeadVim, it wasn't.

brits1 Dec 7th 2021 7:11 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 13079217)

I obviously missed something here…..Thanks SOS and your a youngster…..

brits1 Dec 7th 2021 7:14 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 13079217)

Could you please delete my original thread….I just thought it would be a nice idea this time of year …my mistake (of which I make many lol)

SoCalDon Dec 7th 2021 7:19 am

I got a Johnny Seven Gun. Awesome it was. Did a fair bit of damage with it on Christmas Day.

scrubbedexpat098 Dec 7th 2021 7:41 pm

I loved my spud gun, thought I was the bee's knees with that.

brits1 Dec 8th 2021 7:31 am

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 13079433)
I loved my spud gun, thought I was the bee's knees with that.

I remember a few of the “boys” in our neighbourhood had spud guns ….some were lethal with them lol I see England did shockingly at the Gaba yesterday….I think this series will just be spent with us watching the highlights (or low lights as an England fan lol)

abner Dec 9th 2021 2:03 am

A scale-model of a sports car: a "DeTomaso Mangusta 5000", received at age 5. Hooked me on cars forever afterwards--much to my financial detriment, tbh. But I've loved nearly all of them...

scrubbedexpat098 Dec 10th 2021 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by brits1 (Post 13079509)
I remember a few of the “boys” in our neighbourhood had spud guns ….some were lethal with them lol I see England did shockingly at the Gaba yesterday….I think this series will just be spent with us watching the highlights (or low lights as an England fan lol)

I'll admit to being a bit of a terror :lol:, I'm living what's happening in the cricket at the moment, bit of fire in their bellies, awesome.

brits1 Dec 12th 2021 8:27 am

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 13080252)
I'll admit to being a bit of a terror :lol:, I'm living what's happening in the cricket at the moment, bit of fire in their bellies, awesome.

I just think (as an England fan) that Joe Root is just not a tactically good captain and that will be one of the reasons we will not win this series, I had a bit of hope that at best we would draw the first test but alas my hopes (as per lol) were dashed. I think I will just stick to watching 1 day and 20/20 cricket lol.

Retirednow Dec 12th 2021 8:35 am

Escaped from Blighty. Hard to beat really…

brits1 Dec 15th 2021 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Retirednow (Post 13080576)
Escaped from Blighty. Hard to beat really…

You must of been very young when you moved to Aus then

Retirednow Dec 15th 2021 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by brits1 (Post 13081378)
You must of been very young when you moved to Aus then

A pity it wasn’t years earlier but then all good things come to those who wait…

brits1 Dec 16th 2021 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Retirednow (Post 13081513)
A pity it wasn’t years earlier but then all good things come to those who wait…

I think we all get the “I love Australia “ thing so you don’t have to keep “highjacking” threads to let us know lol