Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Favourite Bond Movie

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Favourite Bond movie - First 15..
Dr No
10.00%
From Russia With Love
5.00%
Goldfinger
20.00%
Thunderball
5.00%
You Only Twice
0%
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
0%
Diamonds Are Forever
5.00%
Live and Let Die
15.00%
The Man With the Golden Gun
0%
The Spy Who Loved Me
15.00%
Moonraker
5.00%
For Your Eyes Only
0%
Octopussy
15.00%
A View To a Kill
5.00%
The Living Daylights
0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Favourite Bond Movie

Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Favourite Bond Movie

Just got this idea from another board. Some interesting answers...any takers. My views dovetail with some of theirs:

Me - Favourite Bond - Brosnan.

Close to books - funny, suave and plays the role. I think that Connery although everyone's favourite is not the gent you'd expect him to be..maybe even a bit dated now. Brosnan seems to combine all the characters. Daniel Craig also good. Are his movies too gritty...

Moore - funny, but an old man in A View To a Kill. But for me, he is also does the best movie : The Spy Who Loved Me. Classic because it had the best starting sequence: downhill ski and parachute jump; the car - I still want a Lotus! - the girls, the villains..the submarine base.

Also like Goldfinger, and GoldenEye.

Worst movie - A View to A Kill, Octopussy.

Take it away..
Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all
Default Re: Favourite Bond Movie

Brosnan is by far my favourite Bond.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Could we just have the one thread with a complete poll?
Old Oct 30th 2009, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Could we just have the one thread with a complete poll?
Could only manage 15 at the time.....

doesn't look like people are that into the franchise anyhow - which surprises me for such a board...

I'll have to raid this other board for ideas..

who voted for A View To a Kill!!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:17 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for octopussy
... was the first bond film i was mature enough to understand the sexual undercurrent that ran throughout it

actually, i wanted to be maud adams ... ... that backwards glide on her sari over the balcony had me in awe for weeks
Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Hard choice as I am a bit of a fan so I have gone with the first one I saw at pics, Live & Let Die.

I think that all Bond actors have done what was expected of them for the era they were released although I think Timothy Dalton was perhaps the truest as to how the character was writtten in the original books.

Best supporting character from a film - Nigel Small-Fawcett played by Rowan Atkinson in Never Say Never Again.

I still want the early Astin Martin though........

Johnnyyt
Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:41 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Spy who loved me, for me. Best villain of all time of all movies.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:47 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Hard choice as I am a bit of a fan so I have gone with the first one I saw at pics, Live & Let Die.

I think that all Bond actors have done what was expected of them for the era they were released although I think Timothy Dalton was perhaps the truest as to how the character was writtten in the original books.

Best supporting character from a film - Nigel Small-Fawcett played by Rowan Atkinson in Never Say Never Again.

I still want the early Astin Martin though........

Johnnyyt
For me Live and Let Die was the worst of the lot. Really awful plotline. It is just one big chase movie. One party chases the other party, then they swap roles and chase the other. The only thing that came close to redeeming it was the US Sheriff character, but even that was just a rip off of the Dukes of Hazzard
Old Oct 30th 2009, 5:05 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

I see Badge missed this one so my vote for the worst bond is "Never Say Never Again", which was a cheesy remake of "Thunderball".
Old Oct 30th 2009, 5:09 pm

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
For me Live and Let Die was the worst of the lot. Really awful plotline. It is just one big chase movie. One party chases the other party, then they swap roles and chase the other. The only thing that came close to redeeming it was the US Sheriff character, but even that was just a rip off of the Dukes of Hazzard
Who they brought back as a cameo in "The Man With The Golden Gun". Must admit that the car stunts were brilliant and apparently the stunt driver who drove the red car was an uncredited British stuntman.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I have posted on the other thread but Live & Let Die got my vote. I love the chase scenes, the humour & the music. Like Johnny, it was also the first Bond that I saw at the cinema
Old Oct 30th 2009, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Bloke
I see Badge missed this one so my vote for the worst bond is "Never Say Never Again", which was a cheesy remake of "Thunderball".
That's the one that's not considered 'canon' - sort of outside the franchise.

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I have posted on the other thread but Live & Let Die got my vote. I love the chase scenes, the humour & the music. Like Johnny, it was also the first Bond that I saw at the cinema
I recall seeing the trailers for For Your Eyes Only in the cinema when I was still quite young. I had a girlfriend that used to sing the theme to me lol. Good movie - after the excess of Moonraker - "I think he's attempting re-entry!" it was literally more down to earth and had that car back again. I think the sets got silly - loads of High Explosive everywhere, and as someone has said, all the villains employed staff wearing crap Network SouthEast uniforms.

People are saying "I thought Christmas comes once a year" (The World is Not Enough) - was one of the worst one-liners..
Old Oct 30th 2009, 7:38 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

None - they're aw pish
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:00 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Spy who loved me, for me. Best villain of all time of all movies.

Yes, same for me. It had everything a Bond movie should have - skiing, submarines, the KGB, Lotus Esprit, Union Jack parachutes, Roger Moore, cheesy one liners, dismantling nuclear warheads and a bad guy with decent infrastructure.

S
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yes, same for me. It had everything a Bond movie should have - skiing, submarines, the KGB, Lotus Esprit, Union Jack parachutes, Roger Moore, cheesy one liners, dismantling nuclear warheads and a bad guy with decent infrastructure.

S
.... and Jaws?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.