Wikiposts

Fat Pets

Old Mar 15th 2006, 8:57 am
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fat Pets

No I am not talking about the other half..

I am watching a programme about owners and their VERY fat pets.

Has anyone ever seen one of these huge pets in oz or is it a english thing..
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:12 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fat Pets

Originally Posted by killamarsh
No I am not talking about the other half..

I am watching a programme about owners and their VERY fat pets.

Has anyone ever seen one of these huge pets in oz or is it a english thing..

Im not sure. My mate in Oz has a huge cat, enormous.

My ginger cat weighs just under 7kgs (just weighed him), he is an indoor cat due to a medical condition and our vet said for his size, 6kgs would be better.

He only has a pouch of cat food a day plus a handful of biscuit in the morning and no treats.

Trouble is, slow metabolism, slow weight loss.

But I have warned him, from tomorrow he will be more active.

Although a couple of BE members have seen him in real life (Snowbunny, and Toon) and he is a long cat, a tall cat as well as a kilo overweight fat cat.

That dog on the show looked like a coffee table and there is no way I would have liked to have messed with its owner.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

We have Oz cats that we brought to Uk with us (soon going back to Oz hopefully). They are both BIG cats 9-10kg each, brothers from same litter, they have a small portion of biscuits in the morning and a pouch each of food in the eveing - nothing else. They are really big, with big shoulders and bone structure - always have been. Not that Oz cats are all big or otherwise, maybe their genes!! We have 2 other cats we feed the same and they are both very trim!
That woman with the very big rottweiler seems to have the expected personality of the breed!!!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Hi

Watched the program.
The beast that owns the rotty needs put down.
She nearly took a runner at the pet groomer.
Truth hurts.

Beth
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:02 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kitty4
We have Oz cats that we brought to Uk with us (soon going back to Oz hopefully). They are both BIG cats 9-10kg each, brothers from same litter, they have a small portion of biscuits in the morning and a pouch each of food in the eveing - nothing else. They are really big, with big shoulders and bone structure - always have been. Not that Oz cats are all big or otherwise, maybe their genes!! We have 2 other cats we feed the same and they are both very trim!
That woman with the very big rottweiler seems to have the expected personality of the breed!!!
My mates cat is huge, and needs a Dog flap to get out to the garden!!

Her owners dont over feed her, but there are two other cats in the house, and I think Whisky steal all their food.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 2:59 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
My mates cat is huge, and needs a Dog flap to get out to the garden!!

Her owners dont over feed her, but there are two other cats in the house, and I think Whisky steal all their food.
My dads rott was over 100KG but didnt look anything like that one, which looked all flab. My dads dog "sid" was pure muscle and along with a stict diet had a daily 10K run with my dad.

Didn't watch the program in the end, but isnt this sort of thing animal abuse?? Surely its a case of the RSPCA should take the dog away??
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:28 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Didn't watch the program in the end, but isnt this sort of thing animal abuse?? Surely its a case of the RSPCA should take the dog away??
It should be classed as abuse. If the animal was emaciated it would be, so why not severly over fed.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Im not sure. My mate in Oz has a huge cat, enormous.

My ginger cat weighs just under 7kgs (just weighed him), he is an indoor cat due to a medical condition and our vet said for his size, 6kgs would be better.

He only has a pouch of cat food a day plus a handful of biscuit in the morning and no treats.

Trouble is, slow metabolism, slow weight loss.

But I have warned him, from tomorrow he will be more active.

Although a couple of BE members have seen him in real life (Snowbunny, and Toon) and he is a long cat, a tall cat as well as a kilo overweight fat cat.

That dog on the show looked like a coffee table and there is no way I would have liked to have messed with its owner.
I'm not a vet, but in my humble opinion Gordon isn't exceptionally overweight, considering he's an indoor cat. Gordon is big, yes, but doesn't look fat at all. And he's one of the most adorable cats I've ever met.