Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Fashion Faux Pas Awards

Wikiposts

Fashion Faux Pas Awards

Old Jan 24th 2011, 2:23 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fashion Faux Pas Awards

I'm lounging by the pool at my hotel gym and some fat guy, in speedos, on an adjacent sunbed keeps eyeing me up. He's just heaved his burly blubber away to show me his buttocks and inadvertently revealed a sort of red Indian plaited fish tail coming out of the back of his head... The fashion police should clearly incarcerate this loser in Guantanamo but it begs the question what is the most ridiculous fashion faux pas you've seen in Oz?
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fashion Faux Pas Awards

Wearing leopard print/snakeskin/zebra print tops and leggings, with a crocodile handbag and really tarty bootcuff shoes, especially when you are over 60, or was that just sun exposure to give the leather look and dayglo orange lips???? (shudder)
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Football strip with socks and sandals.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:43 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
I'm lounging by the pool at my hotel gym and some fat guy, in speedos, on an adjacent sunbed keeps eyeing me up. He's just heaved his burly blubber away to show me his buttocks and inadvertently revealed a sort of red Indian plaited fish tail coming out of the back of his head... The fashion police should clearly incarcerate this loser in Guantanamo but it begs the question what is the most ridiculous fashion faux pas you've seen in Oz?
And you're the fashion editor of Vogue? Who really gives a shit what someone else wears? Maybe he looks at you and thinks you're a loser because you don't have a fish tail. Or maybe just judgemental when you nothing about him.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:51 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Football strip with socks and sandals.

Long socks with flip flops (so not a good look).

The infamous mullet.

I'm so over the rest.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:55 pm

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
And you're the fashion editor of Vogue? Who really gives a shit what someone else wears? Maybe he looks at you and thinks you're a loser because you don't have a fish tail. Or maybe just judgemental when you nothing about him.
What a triumphantly premenstrual rant! If you don't want to join in what is obviously tongue in cheek don't.....
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

In which case he can start a thread himself. Have to say he sounds pretty vomit-inducing to me........

(and I'm well aware that I look like a total complete fat loser, so I reckon I'm allowed to comment! )
Old Jan 24th 2011, 9:05 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What a triumphantly premenstrual rant! If you don't want to join in what is obviously tongue in cheek don't.....
As far as I'm aware this is a free internet forum. You don't get to choose what threads people post on. And not got PMS, just don't like people who judge others to be "losers" based solely on looks.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 9:11 pm

As far as I'm aware this is a free internet forum. You don't get to choose what threads people post on. And not got PMS, just don't like people who judge others to be "losers" based solely on looks.
It's not 'looks' but his choice to shave his head entirely bald yet leave a 3cm spot of hair a metre long and plait it.... There is no need to take the term 'loser' so literally
Old Jan 24th 2011, 9:37 pm
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

It's not 'looks' but his choice to shave his head entirely bald yet leave a 3cm spot of hair a metre long and plait it.... There is no need to take the term 'loser' so literally
leggings with white socks

dorothy could you please chill out?
Old Jan 24th 2011, 10:08 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Low waisted jeans and guts hanging out ALL the way round. Seriously? Dont these people have mirrors!?
Old Jan 24th 2011, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Sunday at Nobu in Melbourne - Older woman - probably late 60's in about 6inch platform shoes, a short dress, hair pulled back completely off her face with thick make up and a very large perspex designer 'piece' round her neck. She was very attractive for her age and you could see she would have been stunning when younger (probably model material). However, she just looked a bit sad to me - mutton and lamb springs to mind, especially when she walked out tottering on those heels. A fractured hip in the waiting I think.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Low waisted jeans and guts hanging out ALL the way round. Seriously? Dont these people have mirrors!?
Sorry Hevs, that could've been me! I'll wear a longer shirt next time!

I'm having trouble find jeans that aren't low- or mid-waisted. I've always had high-waisted jeans (well not quite as high as Simon Cowell's before you ask). However after putting on 10 lbs in the past year, I'm in need of larger jeans and trousers. Prior to my weight gain, I hadn't had to buy new jeans for 15+ years!

My requirements are simple, well, I think so anyway, you don't have to agree! Where can I find reasonably priced zipper-fly regular-fit women's blue denim jeans**? I've searched all of Hong Kong and Brisbane in the past 10 months and still am not happy with what I've seen so far. I put it down to the fact that what I want is not fashionable and therefore nobody makes them. However someone not long ago said to me that high-waisted jeans were back in fashion and that all the designers were making them. But have you seen how high they are and the price tags?!?!?! Simon Cowell would've been proud of them.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A very unfashionable Mrs JTL

** Not button-fly, not baggy, not slim-fit, not acid washed, not boot-cut, not stretchy, you get the idea...
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Sorry Hevs, that could've been me! I'll wear a longer shirt next time!

I'm having trouble find jeans that aren't low- or mid-waisted. I've always had high-waisted jeans (well not quite as high as Simon Cowell's before you ask). However after putting on 10 lbs in the past year, I'm in need of larger jeans and trousers. Prior to my weight gain, I hadn't had to buy new jeans for 15+ years!

My requirements are simple, well, I think so anyway, you don't have to agree! Where can I find reasonably priced zipper-fly regular-fit women's blue denim jeans**? I've searched all of Hong Kong and Brisbane in the past 10 months and still am not happy with what I've seen so far. I put it down to the fact that what I want is not fashionable and therefore nobody makes them. However someone not long ago said to me that high-waisted jeans were back in fashion and that all the designers were making them. But have you seen how high they are and the price tags?!?!?! Simon Cowell would've been proud of them.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A very unfashionable Mrs JTL

** Not button-fly, not baggy, not slim-fit, not acid washed, not boot-cut, not stretchy, you get the idea...
ebay UK? Seriously, I buy all my jeans from the UK cos I have such a fat gut I look worse than usual on low waisted ones. Mine either come from UK ebay or from Evans in the UK, over the internet. Also Asda when I'm back hom to get them. Not saying that you need UK ones cos you have a fat gut but I find a much better fit in the ones from home, as well as higher waists
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:09 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen what I might consider crap fashion all over the world. Australia is way behind in the bad looks department compared to the departure lounge at Stansted or Luton in the holiday season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.