Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Fancy a good old greet?

Wikiposts

Fancy a good old greet?

Old Mar 5th 2006, 9:11 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fancy a good old greet?

Then get yourself to the cinema and watch Greyfriars Bobby. Being an Edinburgh gal, that story always gets me, but we took the girls to see it today and I was welling up every 5 minutes

Chicken Little next week - God I need to get a babysitter or I'm doomed to onlyever watch cert U films for the rest of my life
Old Mar 5th 2006, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fancy a good old greet?

Originally Posted by herrchook
Then get yourself to the cinema and watch Greyfriars Bobby. Being an Edinburgh gal, that story always gets me, but we took the girls to see it today and I was welling up every 5 minutes

Chicken Little next week - God I need to get a babysitter or I'm doomed to onlyever watch cert U films for the rest of my life
Couldn't watch Greyfriars Bobby at the minute, I'm greetin' every 5 minutes as it is . I also can't watch King Kong (hate sad endings). Took the girls to see Chicken Little last week, they loved it (I fell asleep )
TJ
Old Mar 5th 2006, 9:22 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Yep, then the 12A, but they are very complicated
Old Mar 5th 2006, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Yep, then the 12A, but they are very complicated
Chicken little didn't do for us I'm afraid. One child (3) was sleeping and Matthew (5) was afraid of the aliens!!! Next time I might lock them under the stairs and watch a grown up film. :scared:
Karen
Old Mar 5th 2006, 9:58 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

I can relate! Can't remember the last 'big person' picture I saw!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 5th 2006, 10:08 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

we had a greet to oursels yesterday....found a cd of the Massed Scottish Male Voice Choirs at the Glasgow Concert Halls.....hubby used to be in a MVC....when Highland Cathedral came on with the pipe band that was it for us.......then Flower of Scotland.....FFS that was it.........as hubby says just shows you can take the person oot of Scotland but u canny take Scotland oot the person
Old Mar 5th 2006, 10:09 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
we had a greet to oursels yesterday....found a cd of the Massed Scottish Male Voice Choirs at the Glasgow Concert Halls.....hubby used to be in a MVC....when Highland Cathedral came on with the pipe band that was it for us.......then Flower of Scotland.....FFS that was it.........as hubby says just shows you can take the person oot of Scotland but u canny take Scotland oot the person

So true....

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 5th 2006, 10:23 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by biggy

FFS Biggy, am gonna greet and am still here
Old Mar 5th 2006, 10:31 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Margaret2
FFS Biggy, am gonna greet and am still here

lmao....its really strange, certain things just set ye off
Old Mar 5th 2006, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by Karen and Iain
Chicken little didn't do for us I'm afraid. One child (3) was sleeping and Matthew (5) was afraid of the aliens!!! Next time I might lock them under the stairs and watch a grown up film. :scared:
Karen
I took my son (3) to the pictures sorry cinema for the first time yesterday to see Chicken Little and he was also afraid of the aliens. But then again he gets worked up and tells me to turn the TV over when fireman sam is a bout to rescue someone from a fire. lol
Old Mar 5th 2006, 6:25 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auzziebound
I took my son (3) to the pictures sorry cinema for the first time yesterday to see Chicken Little and he was also afraid of the aliens. But then again he gets worked up and tells me to turn the TV over when fireman sam is a bout to rescue someone from a fire. lol

I'm worried now! My eldest (4 this month) is a real wuss (spelling?). We're going to see Chicken Little next week as party of a birthday party. I can just see me sitting with 2 small children on my knee for the whole film :scared:

Auzziebound, I see you're in Dundee, are you coming to our Day Out?
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

I'm worried now! My eldest (4 this month) is a real wuss (spelling?). We're going to see Chicken Little next week as party of a birthday party. I can just see me sitting with 2 small children on my knee for the whole film :scared:

Auzziebound, I see you're in Dundee, are you coming to our Day Out?
I sure am and I'll bring my friend Karen who is also waiting on her visa being granted.

Jane
Old Mar 6th 2006, 2:22 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by Auzziebound
I sure am and I'll bring my friend Karen who is also waiting on her visa being granted.

Jane
Hi Jane,

I'm also in Dundee! We will need to think of a place to go. We had a few drinks and got some lunch last time and then had a few more drinks......

I think you can reserve some seats in Braes at the bottom which might be quite good. If you can think of other places please let us know.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi Jane,

I'm also in Dundee! We will need to think of a place to go. We had a few drinks and got some lunch last time and then had a few more drinks......

I think you can reserve some seats in Braes at the bottom which might be quite good. If you can think of other places please let us know.

Cheers

Ginny
Hi Ginny,

Braes would be good as there is plenty of room so we would all be sitting in the one area. Yes you can book it........... a girl from work did that for her leaving night.

Bar Rio is also good for a bit to eat but depending on the numbers, it may be difficult to get a seat after the meal! I'll have a think.

Jane
Old Mar 8th 2006, 1:24 am
Sunny Sydney

OMG, I'm off again. Just watched today's Home and Away and I now look like a bleedin panda again!! Really must invest in some waterproof make-up if I'm going to watch all this nonsense!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.