Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Famous Non-Australian Australians

Wikiposts

Famous Non-Australian Australians

Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Famous Non-Australian Australians

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Do AC/DC call themselves Australian? They have every right to, and if they do, then they are.
Most of the band do - It's really only Brian Johnson that's not an Australian, the others (including original lead singer Bon Scott) all went to Australia as small children and consider themselves to be Australian. Bon's ashes are at Fremantle Cemetery which his parents considered to be his home town.

My husband went to Australia as at three years old like a lot of the people you're talking about and he considers himself to be 100% Australian. He really can't relate to his English relatives that well, he thinks most are quite pessimistic and should learn to be proud of their country and themselves - it's the Australian in him. Here's a scary thought, for those of you that have taken very young children to Australia, they will probably grow up to love the country and call themselves Australian too.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Here's a scary thought, for those of you that have taken very young children to Australia, they will probably grow up to love the country and call themselves Australian too.
Mine definately will and I wouldn't want to discourage it, it would just alienate them from their peers. My son was 7 months old when we moved here and my daughter was born here, can't see either of them calling themselves English and that's fine by me - I'll always be English though, even when I get citizenship .
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR
Mine definately will and I wouldn't want to discourage it, it would just alienate them from their peers. My son was 7 months old when we moved here and my daughter was born here, can't see either of them calling themselves English and that's fine by me - I'll always be English though, even when I get citizenship .
My daughter was supporting Australia in the world cup, which was a little strange as we've only been here 2 years.
Couldn't convince her that we still should be supporting England, but hey, it's her choice. Drew the line when it came turning her back on the toon though
Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:30 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Here's a scary thought, for those of you that have taken very young children to Australia, they will probably grow up to love the country and call themselves Australian too.
My 7yo son already reckons he's an Aussie - and rightly so. Unfortunately for me he wants to get rid of his Springbok rugby shirt and get a Wallabies one instead . I'm resisting and trying to brainwash him but he's having not of it.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
My 7yo son already reckons he's an Aussie - and rightly so. Unfortunately for me he wants to get rid of his Springbok rugby shirt and get a Wallabies one instead . I'm resisting and trying to brainwash him but he's having not of it.
The upside is, he can wear whichever team is winning.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther

Phar Lap

Henry Parkes

Billy Hughes
. . . Gesundheit!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 6:12 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
My daughter was supporting Australia in the world cup, which was a little strange as...
...they're rubbish?

(Mind you, I'm a Scot so I can hardly talk...)
Old Aug 31st 2010, 6:15 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

john paul young

now try sing this line out loud once
love is in the air............................

now try and get that tune back out of your head
Old Aug 31st 2010, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
...they're rubbish?

(Mind you, I'm a Scot so I can hardly talk...)

yeah that's what I said to her, unfortunately, England were also
Old Aug 31st 2010, 6:35 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott?

Sort of famous anyway ... hey, the country seems to be running itself fine without either ...
Old Aug 31st 2010, 6:49 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Fred Hollows was another one.