Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Famous Non-Australian Australians

Wikiposts

Famous Non-Australian Australians

Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:15 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Famous Non-Australian Australians

With Australia poised to have either an English or Welsh born Prime Minister, I am reminded how many other non-Australian born high profile "Aussies" are claimed by the so-called lucky country. For instance, Russell Crowe born in NZ, Mel Gibson born in US, John Farnham, Jimmy Barnes, Olivia Newton John, Bee Gees, Angus Young (AC/DC)... all born in UK. Who else can you add to the list of famous Non-Australian born Australians?
Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:22 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Famous Non-Australian Australians

Originally Posted by brissybee
With Australia poised to have either an English or Welsh born Prime Minister, I am reminded how many other non-Australian born high profile "Aussies" are claimed by the so-called lucky country. For instance, Russell Crowe born in NZ, Mel Gibson born in US, John Farnham, Jimmy Barnes, Olivia Newton John, Bee Gees, Angus Young (AC/DC)... all born in UK. Who else can you add to the list of famous Non-Australian born Australians?
Peter Andre ( London) isla Fisher (think she was born in Scotland).
Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Colin Hay (Men at Work)
Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban
Naomi Watts
Leo Sayer....he was a late migrant but no doubt the Aussies have claimed him now!
Sophie Monk
Sam Worthington
Guy Pearce

Hugh Jackman only just qualifies as he was born in Oz to English parents and siblings.

In fact probably any famous Aussie isn't Australian.

And me - says on my passport I'm Australian now!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:39 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Peter Andre ( London) isla Fisher (think she was born in Scotland).
Nicole Kidman born in Hawaii, Julia Gillard born in Wales, Naomi Watts born in UK. The Bee Gees born in the UK
Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:40 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Yes but Australia is a nation of immigrants so its not suprising so many famous Aussies were born overseas.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I think you need to ask these people what nationality they are. If they say they are Australian then they are and that's all that matters.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:53 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Pavlova.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I think you need to ask these people what nationality they are. If they say they are Australian then they are and that's all that matters.
Hmmm. Well in that case i have decided i would like to be Brazilian. Sounds so much sexier than being Scottish. I wonder if i can get a brazilian passport based on that statement..may have to work on the accent and tan though (not to mention various other beauty treatments).

Cracked me up on one of those ridiculous 20 to 1 shows which was on Rock anthems the other week, they claimed Ac/DC to be real genuine 'Aussie rock gods' and put them in the number one slot (with a song i had never even heard before in my life). It's wrong on so many levels.
Vowed to stop watching that programme as the people that come up with these lists are complete twatts.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:26 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Those Australians are all Australian, it's just they might be something else as well.
Originally Posted by scotdownunder
Vowed to stop watching that programme as the people that come up with these lists are complete twatts.
Catering to their audience.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm. Well in that case i have decided i would like to be Brazilian. Sounds so much sexier than being Scottish. I wonder if i can get a brazilian passport based on that statement..may have to work on the accent and tan though (not to mention various other beauty treatments).

Cracked me up on one of those ridiculous 20 to 1 shows which was on Rock anthems the other week, they claimed Ac/DC to be real genuine 'Aussie rock gods' and put them in the number one slot (with a song i had never even heard before in my life). It's wrong on so many levels.
Do AC/DC call themselves Australian? They have every right to, and if they do, then they are.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:47 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm. Well in that case i have decided i would like to be Brazilian.
Well, when you have emigrated to Brazil and fulfilled the requirements for citizenship you can call yourself Brazillian. Just like all those "non-Australian" Australians can call themselves Australian.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Do AC/DC call themselves Australian? They have every right to, and if they do, then they are.
Sorry my bad, worded that badly so you misunderstood me amazulu - it was the 'Rock god' bit i was querying. Entirely subjective though, each to their own before all the acca dacca fans get on my case.
If they say they are australian then that is fair enough.

Last edited by AlliF; Aug 31st 2010 at 12:55 pm. Reason: spellng
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Well, when you have emigrated to Brazil and fulfilled the requirements for citizenship you can call yourself Brazillian. Just like all those "non-Australian" Australians can call themselves Australian.
Ok my joke fell flat, i was trying to be funny but obviously failed miserably so i will keep the day job. Non Australians can call themselves Australian or whatever else they like - no skin off my nose.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:42 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Phar Lap

Henry Parkes

Billy Hughes
Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:35 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Neil and Tim Finn- Split Enz and Crowded House from NZ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.