Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Families - just how bad are yours?

Families - just how bad are yours?

Old Aug 17th 2007, 12:55 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Families - just how bad are yours?

Originally Posted by tomy2tums
we havent had any problems with our families, but then again mine are hill billies, and her's are gypos.....
What I think you mean to say is that your family prefer a gentle country lifestyle in a secluded location whilst supporting themselves through organic mean and your OH's family chooses a lifestyle of roaming freely through the countryside to follow work prospects and utilising traditional camping locations that have been used for generations.......

Lets all stay politically correct people....
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:07 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
What I think you mean to say is that your family prefer a gentle country lifestyle in a secluded location whilst supporting themselves through organic mean and your OH's family chooses a lifestyle of roaming freely through the countryside to follow work prospects and utilising traditional camping locations that have been used for generations.......

Lets all stay politically correct people....
since when were you politcally correct!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

We have actully said anybody (friends or family) can come but there is a few ground rules

1. Not in MY bed
2. Not in the Kids bed
3. Pay your way
4. Get a hire car
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:11 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
since when were you politcally correct!
I will have you know, youg man, that I remain always politically correct....

As a matter of fact, I am the representative of my department in the organisation diversity group - aimed at ensuring that my place of employment is diverse and that we do not discriminate against any particaular race/sex/lifestyle/religion etc. (This is true)

Its the biggest croc of shit I have ever been invovled in

A
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:52 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
An excerpt from very early in my BE posting career.

On the other hand...
My parents are wonderful. My father is now 87 1/2 and my mother 82. My dad recently underwent surgery for colon cancer and is now receiving chemotherapy once weekly, but has told us not to bother coming to visit him. He wants us to use our money to travel to places we've never seen and not go back to a place we've spent 40 years in. He emails me almost every day saying how glad he and my mother are that we've got a fun and adventurous life. He tells me regularly that he's proud of each and every one of his children.
That's probably the best gift a parent can give their child, isn't it?

Your parents do sound wonderful........

I wish your Dad good health following his treatment
Old Aug 17th 2007, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
What I would do is pick something that you don't like about your family - say your mum bought a new car, or they just moved house....then harp on and on and on about how they shoudl never have bought a new car cause the money should have went in their inheritance to the grand children....the car is too big and they won't be happy with it.....why on earth would they want a new car, the old one was fine etc etc.

See how long it takes before they get annoyed with you compaining about the decisions they make!!!!
LOL - I like your style!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 4:03 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

I was sent on a guilt trip by my step dad as i was taking his 1st and only grandson to the other side of the world nothing was said directly to me but mom told me that he would give up all his fortune if it meant that Hubby nad i would not emigrate, since this time he has been to visit and my parents are arriving again on the 21st Dec last phone call to my mom she told me that my step dad is moaning how slow his life is going since he turned 50 (he is now 53) and he wishes he could hurry up and turn 55 as he wants to join us out here when he retires. All our friends were very supportive about us coming out here and apart from the odd email begging me to come back and be a childminder again they are all interested in how we are getting on. While hubby's parents were here FIL got drunk and proceeded to tell me how proud he was of us and what a wonderful thing we had done (all the way from the city to our house 30k away). Nice to know they are proud of us though lol just could have done with it being only said once.

poshrice
Old Aug 17th 2007, 4:06 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Its the biggest croc of shit I have ever been invovled in

You can't be that correct, i'm female not a bloke