Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Families - just how bad are yours?

Families - just how bad are yours?

Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:47 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Families - just how bad are yours?

Originally Posted by C&R View Post
Yeah, but what I am trying to say is really, what if they could not care less?
no support nothing, no grief. At least if you have the guilt trip you would know they care. Anyway, I am in a different position to you guys so should leave it at that I think [have been out of the UK for years and then made the move].
don't leave it at that, you have just given us another angle on the whole family thing. This is all about how families treat you.

As for not caring less, i can't help you there. If i were in your shoes i wouldn't care what they thought anyway. It's their loss and your gain, nice new life down under and they would be a distant memory.

Try not to let anything get to you. No matter what the family are doing/not doing. It's your life. Not theirs.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:49 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparky wife View Post
OMG that's my father and step mother....really could not care less! We saw them for the last time (they live in a warm country about 2 hours flying time away) back in May (i think, I'm just as bad as can't remember properly) when they were back in UK.

They had no desire to listen to any of our (brief) plans and the last goodbye was just....

Sparky hub was more upset that me, for me but I told him, no worries!!!

I'm used to their stories being much more important and have been constantly cut off when trying to say something about us

In laws...will prob get back to you soon of that's ok.

Hells teeth, I could give you some stories about feeling cut off but I won't.
You know sometimes this whole process pains me.
Unless you have lived in a country where no-one understands a word you are saying even though you have spent time learning the language, no one can understand the feeling of isolation and having you wanting them to relate to how you feel or just needing a sympathetic ear.

Anyway I digress, the closest people are your friends in a similar situation, thats what I have learnt.
Your family may not be the ones who answer that call.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Anyway I digress, the closest people are your friends in a similar situation, thats what I have learnt.
Your family may not be the ones who answer that call.[/QUOTE]

Friends are the family you choose and all that? How does the proper quote go?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:06 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

We really should form a support group where we could meet in a nice place once a week for beer/wine and chocolate.

Just for support I might add.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:07 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess View Post
When you say they will never know you are going, do you reckon if they should ever find out by some way, they will try and get the free holiday like alot of people do?
tel me about it
i think i`m running a friggin hotel out here

booked up from august the 22nd till 15th dec( three lots of rellies )
then my daughters friends are coming over for a week during christmas
and another relie for a month in feb

so from next week on we get jan free ( unless someone notices and offers to come and see us ) and we are still trying to build / renovate during the same time

it`ll be busy
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

[

so from next week on we get jan free ( unless someone notices and offers to come and see us ) and we are still trying to build / renovate during the same time

it`ll be busy [/QUOTE]

Oh can I come please?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o View Post
tel me about it
i think i`m running a friggin hotel out here

booked up from august the 22nd till 15th dec( three lots of rellies )
then my daughters friends are coming over for a week during christmas
and another relie for a month in feb

it`ll be busy
thats an open invitation if ever I saw one
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

pretty bad
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:14 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007 View Post
thats an open invitation if ever I saw one
if it was finished i could understand it but it really is a friggin building site at the moment

see
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...400962&page=62
post 927

daft buggers know this too
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

mummy!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:15 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by scott&rachel View Post
the one on the left looks my 14 yr old daughter
still going through the "black" look
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scott&rachel View Post
Mmmmm, Scott, which one are you? I'm guessing the one on the right
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:21 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o View Post
if it was finished i could understand it but it really is a friggin building site at the moment

see
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...400962&page=62
post 927

daft buggers know this too
Does it bother you though, having all those people book in like a guest house?

I suppose if you and your property are treated with respect and you all get on then it will be nice.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:16 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

we havent had any problems with our families, but then again mine are hill billies, and her's are gypos.....
Old Aug 17th 2007, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by tomy2tums View Post
we havent had any problems with our families, but then again mine are hill billies, and her's are gypos.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.