The Falklands

Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:30 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Falklands

Exactly, it has nothing to do with opinions, British citizens were invaded and she did what she should have done.

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
so when is defending your citizens from foreign military aggression NOT 100% right then
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:31 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm, well the first bit and the last bit and of course the bit in the middle.

Originally Posted by stevenglish
What may I ask is so implausible about it?
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

So the only possible explanation is that she engineered the whole episode, in my humble opinion obviously
That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard / read. It is so stupid it does not dignify a response.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:33 am
Banned

It got one anyway but yes I agree, its absurd.

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard / read. It is so stupid it does not dignify a response.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:35 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris955
Mmm, well the first bit and the last bit and of course the bit in the middle.
And just how do you know that this is NOT what happened?
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

so when is defending your citizens from foreign military aggression NOT 100% right then
Yes quite. The 12 year old Bermudashorts (in a catholic school in a left wing comprehendie in Oldham) often argued that if somebody invaded Manchester would we would surely expect our government to defend us as British citizens.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:38 am
Banned

You know aliens built the pyramids don't you ?

And just how do you know that this is NOT what happened?
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:49 am
Account Closed

Kirchner should be ashamed of herself, bringing this up to take some of the heat of herself and the terrible state that the Argentine economy and country is in.
It makes me smile that not one person who thinks my view is absurd has taken issue with this comment made about the current Argentinian president. Believe it or not politicians have been known to spill their countrymens blood for political gain, what gave thatcher the moral high ground in your opinions? the fact that she was British? Don't make me laugh
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:50 am
Account Closed

Your verbal jousting and razor wit has bested me, I yeald
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:52 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

so the withdrawal of a survey ship, not warship, is the reason not the planned reduction in actual military capability ?

Maybe you should go and have a chat with the aliens in area 51 and the bloke from the grassy knoll whilst wearing a tinfoil hat
I seem to remember that, at the time at least, that the withdrawl of Endurance was seen as a tacit signal to the Argentines, that the UK was 'willing to talk' about the Falklands.
Invading the place was Argentina's response to that 'signal'.... the daft buggers.

Of course, I could be wrong.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:57 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You know the deal as well as I do. Soldiers get sent to fight by politicians. That's just the way it is.

Sean Penn needs to think a bit more before opening his mouth, but he's allowed an opinion. In my view it was the wrong opinion this time.

The Falklands will stay British, until the people of the Falklands change their minds, or Britain looses the ability and/or will, to defend it. The latter of those two options is likely to come first.
Still wasn't worth it though,IMHO.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:59 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Tut tut,everybody knows it was the Irish,and they were supposed to be oblong shaped
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:02 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Still wasn't worth it though,IMHO.
Nor mine.... but the UK Goverment really had little choice at the time. The invasion forced their hand.

I'm convinced, in my own mind at least, that if the invasion hadn't taken place, that the UK would have handed the Falklands over to Argentina by now. That can't happen now, at least not while the Falklands War remains in living memory.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:06 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Nor mine.... but the UK Goverment really had little choice at the time. The invasion forced their hand.

I'm convinced, in my own mind at least, that if the invasion hadn't taken place, that the UK would have handed the Falklands over to Argentina by now. That can't happen now, at least not while the Falklands War remains in living memory.
Agreed,now any chance you could stop the north of Ireland being given back to the struggling south of the island,have a word
Old Feb 17th 2012, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

It makes me smile that not one person who thinks my view is absurd has taken issue with this comment made about the current Argentinian president. Believe it or not politicians have been known to spill their countrymens blood for political gain, what gave thatcher the moral high ground in your opinions? the fact that she was British? Don't make me laugh
You try to use my quote to justify your totally illogical and frankly ludicrous claim. I know you think you are being very smart but you just seem foolish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.