Originally Posted by possoms
Um what about Bold thats what I buy

Procter and Gamble, Possum, Tsk Tsk!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 6:53 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fairy Non Bio or Persil

Originally Posted by iPom
Procter and Gamble, Possum, Tsk Tsk!
i didnt know what should I buy here then??
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:02 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Only if you want to Possum ... no-one is disapproving of you.

The only really ethical choice is Ecover, but there are also other makes that aren't Procter and Gamble. Check the back of the bottle who owns what.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:15 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Persil non-biological for us (Hubby has a skin condition and isn't keen to try out other washing powders in case a new washing powder makes his skin condition flare up - it's in remission).

Gina
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:17 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Persil non-biological for us (Hubby has a skin condition and isn't keen to try out other washing powders in case a new washing powder makes his skin condition flare up - it's in remission).

Gina

pmsl - fairy for us!!!

mand
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:20 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Gina

You could try Ecover. It's got actual camomile in it. Nothing in it to be allergic to.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:32 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Mental thread
Use persil
Never tried fairy
Can you get them in Australia

Beth

Nope, you can't get them in Perth that's for sure.

My little one gets a bit of excema and the ONLY washing powder you can get here that is non bio is Omo.

Still in the dark ages!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 11:06 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Fairy Non Bio or Persil

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Nope, you can't get them in Perth that's for sure.

My little one gets a bit of excema and the ONLY washing powder you can get here that is non bio is Omo.
I don't know what all the fuss is about with these non-bio brands.

If it's made by an unconscionably destructive multinational, I don't care if it's non-bio or not; it's still a bad choice in my book.

The truly eco-conscious Aussie buys Earth Choice, Biozet, Bushland, or Envirocare Plus.

"Still in the dark ages"? Hardly.

You just haven't looked around properly. You've simply homed in on your usual brand without bothering to check for the full range of alternatives.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Kenco is owned by KRAFT actually. Kraft and Nescafe rip off coffee growers by being the only company which will take their crop and then they pay them a pittance for it.
To combat this Nescafe has just bought out a 'fair trade' coffee, but it's not been approved by the Fair Trade organisation as yet because of their other practices.

Nestle is another I don't buy... Nestle is responsible for baby deaths in Africa and developing countries by advertising and pushing bottle feeding to African mothers. Ever seen anyone sterilise bottles and teats in an African village? Well then. They are bastards, pure and simple. They say they're doing the country a favour but countless children are dying needlessly. They are a disgrace to the human race. Anyway, no Nestle in this house... no KitKats, no Nestle cereal...
Write to them and tell them you're boycotting... they'll really like that!

http://www.babymilkaction.org/

Join up if you want to add your name to the protests.

I'm glad to see other ethical shoppers here. Good on yer!

done, thanks for that info.
no more Nestle in my house either.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:25 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Kenco is owned by KRAFT actually. Kraft and Nescafe rip off coffee growers by being the only company which will take their crop and then they pay them a pittance for it.
To combat this Nescafe has just bought out a 'fair trade' coffee, but it's not been approved by the Fair Trade organisation as yet because of their other practices.

Nestle is another I don't buy... Nestle is responsible for baby deaths in Africa and developing countries by advertising and pushing bottle feeding to African mothers. Ever seen anyone sterilise bottles and teats in an African village? Well then. They are bastards, pure and simple. They say they're doing the country a favour but countless children are dying needlessly. They are a disgrace to the human race. Anyway, no Nestle in this house... no KitKats, no Nestle cereal...
Write to them and tell them you're boycotting... they'll really like that!

http://www.babymilkaction.org/

Join up if you want to add your name to the protests.

I'm glad to see other ethical shoppers here. Good on yer!

Thanks for the info, I will try to be more aware next time I go shopping, but I tend to buy the store's home brand too as I think you just pay for the name with some stuff and the other is just as good.

Shirley
Old Mar 15th 2006, 8:49 pm

You could try Ecover. It's got actual camomile in it. Nothing in it to be allergic to.
well I know I'm out in the sticks but I have to be honest I have never heard of Ecover but will look out for it next time i'm in the big smoke

cheers
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:37 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Gina
Persil and Fairy are the only products that dont iritate my Psoriasis. Tried Ecover and it made me itch badly. I stopped using Fairy years ago after discovering it was made by P&G.

I'm not game enough to change washing powder at the mo, as the stress of moving is making my skin worse, new powders, soaps, shampoos etc will make it worse.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:45 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

there's a thread for this kind of talk you know
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:45 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

I used to get which ever one was on special offer in Tescos. Here though, the choice is limited and the best option for us is a liquid called "purity".

No argument from me - I just buy what does the job and suits the family, even if it does dent the budget.

Binbird
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by walla1
there's a thread for this kind of talk you know
I know you are the expert

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.