Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Fairy Non Bio or Persil

Wikiposts

Fairy Non Bio or Persil

Old Mar 15th 2006, 4:15 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fairy Non Bio or Persil

I know each brand of washing powder is different, but with all these recent debates and whilst they both have their pros and cons, I'd be really interested in knowing which one people prefer, for the benefit of those who are having trouble deciding.

Old Mar 15th 2006, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fairy Non Bio or Persil

Originally Posted by Hutch
I know each brand of washing powder is different, but with all these recent debates and whilst they both have their pros and cons, I'd be really interested in knowing which one people prefer, for the benefit of those who are having trouble deciding.

Oh it's got to be Fairy non-bio. I like the picture better
Old Mar 15th 2006, 4:34 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Fairy for me too - I find it does a much better job with the 40 degree washes than Persil.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 4:42 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Fairy for me too - I find it does a much better job with the 40 degree washes than Persil.
Hutch, you're probably not going to be surprised at this but I buy Persil because Fairy is owned and made by Proctor and Gamble, an American company which still use animal testing in the UK when others aren't allowed by law. Because they're american they get around this rule.

So I usually buy Persil.

I don't buy Nescafe, anything made by Kenco or KRAFT and I generally am an ethical pain in the ass shopper.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Mental thread
Use persil
Never tried fairy
Can you get them in Australia

Beth
Old Mar 15th 2006, 5:12 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iPom
Hutch, you're probably not going to be surprised at this but I buy Persil because Fairy is owned and made by Proctor and Gamble, an American company which still use animal testing in the UK when others aren't allowed by law. Because they're american they get around this rule.

So I usually buy Persil.

I don't buy Nescafe, anything made by Kenco or KRAFT and I generally am an ethical pain in the ass shopper.
Well done you!!, we always buy fair trade stuff, bananas, Teabags, chocolate, coffee.
Every little helps
Did close our Barclays account when it all kicked off in the 90's about thier dealings in Africa!! my Right on! action
Old Mar 15th 2006, 5:17 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

So I usually buy Persil.

Oooh I like it, I didn't know this stuff, I do shop at body shop, and go for fair trade stuff where I can get it so now I I can add proctor and gamble to the nlist of no's. Why Nescafe, kraft and kenco, out of interest.

Course I could do a search of my own if I had the time
Old Mar 15th 2006, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

So I usually buy Persil.

ditto for all the same reasons!

Lisa.x
Old Mar 15th 2006, 5:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Oooh I like it, I didn't know this stuff, I do shop at body shop, and go for fair trade stuff where I can get it so now I I can add proctor and gamble to the nlist of no's. Why Nescafe, kraft and kenco, out of interest.

Course I could do a search of my own if I had the time
Kenco is owned by KRAFT actually. Kraft and Nescafe rip off coffee growers by being the only company which will take their crop and then they pay them a pittance for it.
To combat this Nescafe has just bought out a 'fair trade' coffee, but it's not been approved by the Fair Trade organisation as yet because of their other practices.

Nestle is another I don't buy... Nestle is responsible for baby deaths in Africa and developing countries by advertising and pushing bottle feeding to African mothers. Ever seen anyone sterilise bottles and teats in an African village? Well then. They are bastards, pure and simple. They say they're doing the country a favour but countless children are dying needlessly. They are a disgrace to the human race. Anyway, no Nestle in this house... no KitKats, no Nestle cereal...
Write to them and tell them you're boycotting... they'll really like that!

http://www.babymilkaction.org/

Join up if you want to add your name to the protests.

I'm glad to see other ethical shoppers here. Good on yer!

Old Mar 15th 2006, 5:56 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Fairy Non Bio or Persil

Fairy is produced by Proctor and Gamble, while Persil is produced by Unilever. Consequently, I avoid both of them like the plague.

There is no way in the world that I will knowingly give my hard-earned cash to those unethical bastards.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 5:58 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Fairy Non Bio or Persil

So I usually buy Persil.

See my point on Persil.

I am with you all the way on ethical shopping; my missus and I do our best to buy Fair Trade wherever possible, and we get our vegies from the local farm shop!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 6:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
See my point on Persil.

I am with you all the way on ethical shopping; my missus and I do our best to buy Fair Trade wherever possible, and we get our vegies from the local farm shop!
When I say I 'usually' buy Persil, I meant if I had a choice out of the two. Normally though we use Ecover. I think I've bought Persil once last year.
Problem is that most of these things are made by P+G and U so if you buy 'Tesco' own brands or whatever, that's prob what you're getting.

Want to be grossed out, talking about Tesco? Today I was there and this happened:

http://qqrenegades.proboards22.com/i...e=1#1142442118

Old Mar 15th 2006, 6:25 am
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Fairy Non Bio or Persil

When I say I 'usually' buy Persil, I meant if I had a choice out of the two. Normally though we use Ecover. I think I've bought Persil once last year.
Problem is that most of these things are made by P+G and U so if you buy 'Tesco' own brands or whatever, that's prob what you're getting.

Want to be grossed out, talking about Tesco? Today I was there and this happened:

http://qqrenegades.proboards22.com/i...e=1#1142442118

The missus buys Ecover products. It's not perfect (nothing is!) but it's arguably the most ethical of the standard commercial options.

I recommend it.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 6:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
The missus buys Ecover products. It's not perfect (nothing is!) but it's arguably the most ethical of the standard commercial options.

I recommend it.

Yeah, well I have three small children and sometimes the Ecover just doesn't hack it. That's when I've got a bottle of Persil or something to blast the clothes through a wash, then back to the mild stuff.

Born to be mild, me.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 6:45 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Um what about Bold thats what I buy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.