Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

FAIR PLAY.. OZ IS IS BLOODY HARD WORK!!!

FAIR PLAY.. OZ IS IS BLOODY HARD WORK!!!

Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAIR PLAY.. OZ IS IS BLOODY HARD WORK!!!

Been to one of those awful surf clubs for lunch today again (yawn) While sitting out on the balcony looking at the ocean ( yawn ) I spotted another bug bear...

All those people who give up their time voluntarily,from 5ish in the morning 7 days a week, 366 days this year, to keep people safe in the water!!!

Havent they got anything better to do!!!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:19 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

piss off the lot of you
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

And tonight I am going to walk to the Italian down the road for the best fresh pasta I have tasted, wine in hand. The trouble is its so reasonable to eat out I do more of it and I think I should spend more time cooped up in the house ironing or something... Terrible woman I am...

Plus this fresh pasta and all the sauces, the fantastic steaks, beautiful seafood and thai etc is making me put on a pound or too also....

I will think about going for a brisk walk tomorrow if it stays as warm as it has today.. not too hot 25ish ...
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:06 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by don544
some bugger stole the fuel tank off my boat which is parked on my drive (worth all of $30)
don't come to oz, crime is rife
ps. fuel tank worth $30................................boat $29
Terrible! ... that'd be enough for me to return to the UK ... :curse:

Incidently, I spent the arvo out on my old girl ... ...

Went for a spin to check my glasswork I did the other night and she's getting stronger! ...

I had it flat out (55kph) on choppy water and while I was flying over the waves, at one point I heard to prop OUT OF THE WATER! ...

My old girl was airborn! ...

Still, twas a bloody awful arvo as the weather man got it wrong for once, and instead of rain all day, it was bloody sunny! ... :curse:

Getting REALLY fed up with all this you know!

What fun is a poor little boat like mine with sunshine??

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
piss off the lot of you
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:29 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I must announce that today Mr PP and I went shopping for something and the nasty assistant took us to the next shop which belonged to them in case we wanted to look - bloody bitch, I hate her for that.

And the assistant in Coles had the cheek to make small talk.

I cant stand it and I wish those plain looking lorikeets would sod off and find another tree.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Sheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura about

Had a stroll on that awful beach AGAIN, beer in that bloody club on the beach and them home for a barbie - what a bummer of a day! Think it will be hard to get them rellies back on the plane!!!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody butcher... sold us T bones yesterday that were just too good... have dribbled steak juice all down my clean top! AND I doon't have room for those gigantic prawns that we barbequed with the steaks.. becasue the steaks were too big
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:41 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

My boxes are being delivered tomorrow, I can't remember what I packed.

However I am disgusted with the efficiency of Seven Seas and Freedom Shipping, horrified that I haven't been charged duty on some stuff and upset that it has all gone so smoothly.

I shall eagerly await to see if they turn up on time.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by eddie007
Bloody butcher... sold us T bones yesterday that were just too good... have dribbled steak juice all down my clean top! AND I doon't have room for those gigantic prawns that we barbequed with the steaks.. becasue the steaks were too big
Eddie, we are having some vile kangaroo steak tonight - Mr PP will be making a saucy dish of some sort, washed down by horrible cold beer and then we will have mango sorbet afterwards - I might be sick.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Professional Princess;6236883]Eddie, we are having some vile kangaroo steak tonight - QUOTE]

actually joking aside, i can't bring myself to eat kangaroo... in much the same way as I can't eat rat.. or squirrel... all too similar in my book... BUT HEY THAT IS NOT in the spirit of this thread.... So i'll go with the

YUCK! COLD BEER comment
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:52 am

[QUOTE=eddie007;6236899]
Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Eddie, we are having some vile kangaroo steak tonight - QUOTE]

actually joking aside, i can't bring myself to eat kangaroo... in much the same way as I can't eat rat.. or squirrel... all too similar in my book... BUT HEY THAT IS NOT in the spirit of this thread.... So i'll go with the

YUCK! COLD BEER comment
I thought like that about a year ago but my opinions changed when we went to Namibia.

We went to this lodge for the night and the woman asked if we were vegetarian, we said 'no', so they went out, hunted and killed a springbok which we had for supper.

We also ate zebra, ostrich, kudu, and gemsbok - stuff I never thought I would even try but the meat was so much better than in the UK.

So when we got to Australia, kangaroo meat was so cheap we decided to try it and it was gorgeous - its not fatty or greasy at all.

Actually Eddie, we are having a cold beer right now and its so nasty, please come and save me from the beer monster.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

be careful what you ask for, I'm just down the road in Rockingham and right now the promise of a cold beer might just be enough to persuade me to to take off the woolie pjs and head on out for a drinkie or two...
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:04 am

be careful what you ask for, I'm just down the road in Rockingham and right now the promise of a cold beer might just be enough to persuade me to to take off the woolie pjs and head on out for a drinkie or two...
I am one bus ride away from Rockingham, I shall turn up in my new fluffy pink stripped pj's and totally embarrass you.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You wouldn't want to do that, it's too 'rough' according to knowledgeab;e others who have never lived here...
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:34 am

You wouldn't want to do that, it's too 'rough' according to knowledgeab;e others who have never lived here...
I liked Rockingham - as for it being rough, well they want to be in Harrow on a Saturday night, now that is rough.

To be honest I saw nothing wrong with Rockingham at all, I did see some teens at the station wearing black hoodies (it was a hot day), baggy trousers showing their arses, spitting on the floor, kicking the ticket machines and then trying to buck the system by handing each other their smart cards to avoid paying.

They looked rough and were muttering various insults to some young Aussie boys going by with their skateboards.

'I bet they are British' I said to Mr PP - it was the look I had lived with for 10 bloody years in our area - that 'angry young man' look.

Well as soon as one of the lads unzipped his hoodie, he flashed off his England footy shirt underneath.

'You ain't got the time of the next train have ya?' he demanded - and yes, he was English with a slight Aussie twang. My Aussie friend from QLD said to me many years ago, they can spot a POM a mile away.

Personally when I stayed with Gobbyjock, I did not find Rockingham rough, I liked it and I liked Port Kennedy

Last edited by Cheetah7; Apr 20th 2008 at 10:44 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.