Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

FAIR PLAY.. OZ IS IS BLOODY HARD WORK!!!

FAIR PLAY.. OZ IS IS BLOODY HARD WORK!!!

Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

thebaggos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FAIR PLAY.. OZ IS IS BLOODY HARD WORK!!!

Yep, don't bother coming the beaches of Essex - Canvey Island, Clacton and Southend are much more appealing! Who wants to lunch at Broadbeach all the time anyway???
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

thebaggos is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, its a real nightmare cleaning the barbie out all the time!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:40 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by justsarah
I suppose I could spend it at those bloody awful Surf Clubs dotted all around these bloody beaches we live 15 minutes from.....

I know the food is lovely, fresh and cheap, but theres only SO MUCH looking at the ocean you can do.....

Yeah them surf clubs DO drive me mad! ... :curse:

Cheap food and gorgeous views! ... as I say it just gets me soooooo annoyed! ... :curse:

Wish I was back in the smog! ...
Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Dunno how true, but I was told the Aussie drinking water (from the tap) is one of the cleanest / best for you in the world!

That SURELY has gotta put ppl off!! ...
Spending hours hunting for dishwasher salt in all the shops, only to be told the water's so pure I don't need it - they don't even make a hole for it in the machines.

What do I do with all the time I've got left when I'm not hanging upsidedown in the dishwasher trying to funnel all the salt out of that stupid bag into the tiny hole?
Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thebaggos
Also, its a real nightmare cleaning the barbie out all the time!

Too true!!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Yeah them surf clubs DO drive me mad! ... :curse:

Cheap food and gorgeous views! ... as I say it just gets me soooooo annoyed! ... :curse:

Wish I was back in the smog! ... http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/pinokkio.gif

Paying £100 for Sunday lunch in a pub with the rain on the windows and the heating on... Soggy veg, overcooked meat, crappy service off some numbskull and HAVING TO purchase your overpriced bottle of house vinegar as theres no BYO.....

Oh I miss that!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jackier
Spending hours hunting for dishwasher salt in all the shops, only to be told the water's so pure I don't need it - they don't even make a hole for it in the machines.
We use (like most things cos we're poor) 'Home Brand' dishwasher powder from Roley Coles and it works superfine! ...

Originally Posted by Jackier
What do I do with all the time I've got left when I'm not hanging upsidedown in the dishwasher trying to funnel all the salt out of that stupid bag into the tiny hole?
... oh you'll find something. Maybe go visit one of the horrendously boring beaches and just sit and listen to the waves crashing down. Boring as hell, but I like to do it ...
Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:16 am
Account Closed

Paying £100 for Sunday lunch in a pub with the rain on the windows and the heating on... Soggy veg, overcooked meat, crappy service off some numbskull and HAVING TO purchase your overpriced bottle of house vinegar as theres no BYO.....

Oh I miss that!
Like a hole in the head Aye! ...
Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

And the complete boredom of hanging your washing

outside...

and its dry in about 45 mins....

I loved my dryer back in Wales, it was on 18 hours a day... which probably didnt cost me a lot more when the electricity went up by 22% AT ONE TIME!!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 6:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My face too.... too much sun here... wheres the bloody drizzle!!

My skins turning a bloody gold colour.... that bloody sun is a killer eh!!
You are surely taking the flamin P here aren't you :curse:
Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice

... oh you'll find something. Maybe go visit one of the horrendously boring beaches and just sit and listen to the waves crashing down. Boring as hell, but I like to do it ... [/QUOTE]

Ok, this one's from my Dad when he visited last month (only he really meant it) :curse:

"this beach is too noisy - I keep hearing the waves crashing really loudly"

Must be cos there're no other people within 100 yards.

Families eh - that's a whole other topic
Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

What really really winds me up is shop assistants having the cheek to pack my shopping whilst having a conversation................................with me! Who the hell do they think they are? I go to the petrol station and the guy behind the counter has a joke with me, he doesn't know me, how dare he?
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
What really really winds me up is shop assistants having the cheek to pack my shopping whilst having a conversation................................with me! Who the hell do they think they are? I go to the petrol station and the guy behind the counter has a joke with me, he doesn't know me, how dare he?
I know, it drives me insane too!!! I mearly called to the pharmacy for my prescription and not only did the pharmacist AND the assistant remember me from the week previously, they asked how I was feeling and if the stuff prescribed had worked!!! Nosey buggers!! I MUCH prefered the grunts and huffs back in Blighty!!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:29 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know where to begin!!

My heels are as dry as hell.... wearing bloody thongs all the time!!!

My face too.... too much sun here... wheres the bloody drizzle!!

My skins turning a bloody gold colour.... that bloody sun is a killer eh!!

The midgey and mozzie bites are doing my bloody head in...bloody humidity

When i go to the beach every weekend I get bloody sand in my hair.. its not good for the bloody colour you know!!

And the locals keep talking & being friendly towards me... Bloody nice people keep me chatting for ages!!

This is a tough life... think bloody hard before joining in.....

Im bloody knackered reading that, im gonna bugga off and have a bloody coldy !

Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Im bloody knackered reading that, im gonna bugga off and have a bloody coldy !

Just drinking mine sat outside ( with no coat on!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.