Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

FAIR PLAY.. OZ IS IS BLOODY HARD WORK!!!

FAIR PLAY.. OZ IS IS BLOODY HARD WORK!!!

Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FAIR PLAY.. OZ IS IS BLOODY HARD WORK!!!

Hows about it rains here too? does that work?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:36 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Now for me getting used to thongs was a mission in itself. I have never known pain like it - it felt as though I had a bloody twig between my toes and it was with enormous envy that I looked at the young and old alike walking in total comfort with ease in their thongs.

I felt quite jealous of Gobbyjock when I stayed with her, she would slip on her thongs as though she was born to wear them and move off at pace while I would be limping like a fat walrus. Surely this could not be normal? Perhaps there was special training to wear such things?

Well I managed to buy some 'stephen hawkings' shoes (as someone referred to them when they saw me wearing them in London), just sandals really and no, they do not look elegant in any way but they are bloody comfy. Mind you, I don't and never have looked elegant so who cares? - Thongs, Shmongs - you can keep them.

After getting burnt when Gobbyjocks dog licked off the suncream on my legs and I forgot to put it on my back, I have now learned that suncream after a shower is the new religion, as are total UV protection sunglasses and a hat. Although I now have an assortment of hats that I purchase each time I go out when I realised I have left mine at home.

Drinking water - well in London I never drank enough, hated the taste and had to force myself. In Australia, it has become compulsory - even though I gag when I drink it.

I managed nearly two large jugs of the stuff today and will admit to feeling more alert and awake, even though I had a bladder the size of a water melon and the toilet became my best friend.

My eyebrows have disappeared and gone white, my highlighted hair has just gone bleached and it took ages to wash the sand out of my ladygarden after I went swimming in the sea on Sunday.

It is a hard hard life, being forced to swim in the sea and look/feel so healthy, I don't know how I can stand it.

Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:36 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eddie007 View Post
£1.50 for a loaf of bread? ...
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess View Post
Drinking water - well in London I never drank enough, hated the taste and had to force myself. In Australia, it has become compulsory - even though I gag when I drink it.
Dunno how true, but I was told the Aussie drinking water (from the tap) is one of the cleanest / best for you in the world!

That SURELY has gotta put ppl off!! ...
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:41 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic View Post
Dunno how true, but I was told the Aussie drinking water (from the tap) is one of the cleanest / best for you in the world!

I much prefer the cloudy water of London. I just love it when my kettle got furred up.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

bit of a 'dampner'....but no
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

£1.50 for a loaf of bread? ...
no
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Now for me getting used to thongs was a mission in itself. I have never known pain like it - it felt as though I had a bloody twig between my toes and it was with enormous envy that I looked at the young and old alike walking in total comfort with ease in their thongs.

I felt quite jealous of Gobbyjock when I stayed with her, she would slip on her thongs as though she was born to wear them and move off at pace while I would be limping like a fat walrus. Surely this could not be normal? Perhaps there was special training to wear such things?

Well I managed to buy some 'stephen hawkings' shoes (as someone referred to them when they saw me wearing them in London), just sandals really and no, they do not look elegant in any way but they are bloody comfy. Mind you, I don't and never have looked elegant so who cares? - Thongs, Shmongs - you can keep them.

After getting burnt when Gobbyjocks dog licked off the suncream on my legs and I forgot to put it on my back, I have now learned that suncream after a shower is the new religion, as are total UV protection sunglasses and a hat. Although I now have an assortment of hats that I purchase each time I go out when I realised I have left mine at home.

I managed nearly two large jugs of the stuff today and will admit to feeling more alert and awake, even though I had a bladder the size of a water melon and the toilet became my best friend.

My eyebrows have disappeared and gone white, my highlighted hair has just gone bleached and it took ages to wash the sand out of my ladygarden after I went swimming in the sea on Sunday.

It is a hard hard life, being forced to swim in the sea and look/feel so healthy, I don't know how I can stand it.

I like a challange
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:45 pm
Account Closed

I much prefer the cloudy water of London. I just love it when my kettle got furred up.
Oh mine is growing furr balls! ...

Originally Posted by winedonju View Post
no
The sea has sharks in it! ...

Ok, I'm sure you'll get a refund on your flights! ...

Outta here! ... WBG
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:06 pm

Rains? Rains? That bloody rain and thunder kept me awake last night, hitting my roof.

I was all snugged up in my big bed, listening to the sound of the rain and it was awful.

It was even worse on the bus home from Perth to Freo today, there were clouds in the sky and the sea still had the cheek to look beautiful.

I shall need therapy to get over this.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Funny post, made me laugh. Ladygarden, haven't heard that in years. Cheers
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Its hard work having no time to just hang around the house on the weekends because you have to be at the beach, or in a barbi, or up the mountains...

When do I fit in the inside of the cupboards being cleaned and stuff....
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Tha was a bloody beautiful thunderstorm .... best thunder I've ever heard... amazing!!!!

as for the lettuce.... I forgot to convert it back to pounds.... must be adapting...

Nope, don't bother coming to Asu and ESPECIALLY don't bother coming to Perth... aint worth the airfare...
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Exactly!! What the hell do I do with the money left over now im not buying overpriced bottles....
Old Apr 18th 2008, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by justsarah View Post
Exactly!! What the hell do I do with the money left over now im not buying overpriced bottles....
I suppose I could spend it at those bloody awful Surf Clubs dotted all around these bloody beaches we live 15 minutes from.....

I know the food is lovely, fresh and cheap, but theres only SO MUCH looking at the ocean you can do.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.