British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   FAIR PLAY.. OZ IS IS BLOODY HARD WORK!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/fair-play-oz-bloody-hard-work-529992/)

the dooners Apr 20th 2008 8:48 pm

Re: FAIR PLAY.. OZ IS IS BLOODY HARD WORK!!!

Originally Posted by PaulandNic (Post 6239051)
Post of the year!

:eek:

i think you've all had to much sun these stories can't be true. no way it can't be that much fun there :confused:

the dooners

WelshSarah Apr 20th 2008 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by the dooners (Post 6239218)
:eek:

i think you've all had to much sun these stories can't be true. no way it can't be that much fun there :confused:

the dooners

Really!!! Believe us!! Its bad!! Its sunny again today ( god thats so boring!!) What I wouldnt do for a grey sky....:(

the dooners Apr 20th 2008 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by justsarah (Post 6239727)
Really!!! Believe us!! Its bad!! Its sunny again today ( god thats so boring!!) What I wouldnt do for a grey sky....:(

bonkers international:rofl:

WelshSarah Apr 21st 2008 3:14 am

I have had to have a sit down and I am well peed off!:curse:

All I have done is mop a few floors, cleaned the bathrooms, hoovered the carpets, clean the kitchen etc...

I AM BLOODY BOILING!!!!

Its about 26 degrees outside and now I will have to have another shower as I am so warm:frown: I have the windows and doors open but its still shining down on me!!

I might have to have a quick dip in the pool first...

BLOODY PLACE!!!

Wheres my cold, dark damp Autumns when I need one...

moneypenny20 Apr 21st 2008 6:35 am

Originally Posted by justsarah (Post 6240406)
I have had to have a sit down and I am well peed off!:curse:

All I have done is mop a few floors, cleaned the bathrooms, hoovered the carpets, clean the kitchen etc...

I AM BLOODY BOILING!!!!

Its about 26 degrees outside and now I will have to have another shower as I am so warm:frown: I have the windows and doors open but its still shining down on me!!

I might have to have a quick dip in the pool first...

BLOODY PLACE!!!

Wheres my cold, dark damp Autumns when I need one...

Hubby got a letter today regarding a full licence he should have, they're asking for the payment and certified copy of certificate and his photo. He just rang them, after a bit of info passing, she apologised, they'd made a mistake, he should have had it a while back. Major apologies for putting him out. Licence in the post.

Hate this place. Who the hell do you have an argument with if people admit they've made a mistake before you've have time to get angry:curse:

Serving in the High School Tuckshop today. Flaming kids coming through, please this, please that, thanks. Who teaches the kids their manners :rolleyes:

Cheetah7 Apr 21st 2008 6:46 am

Well I am bloody furious:mad:

The Seven Seas removal van has just delivered my boxes and none of them and I repeat none of them have been opened.

He had the cheek to ask if I wanted them in certain places, he had ten minutes to help me sort where I wanted them to go and when I said to leave them by the door he had the bloody nerve to tidy them up and stuff.

He looked knackered so I made him a cup of tea and we had a good 'yarn' as I have heard it called.

He had the nerve to tell me how to use the cockroach 'bombs' in the house and general advice on pest control.

Then, and this is terrible - he had the cheek to stroke my cat and be nice to him.

After that he washed his cup up and thanked me for the drink and that he needed it.

How the hell can he be so nice, what right does he have and why oh why were my boxes not ripped apart?

I need to calm down, where is the fight when you need one.:lol:

WelshSarah Apr 21st 2008 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 6240945)
Well I am bloody furious:mad:

The Seven Seas removal van has just delivered my boxes and none of them and I repeat none of them have been opened.

He had the cheek to ask if I wanted them in certain places, he had ten minutes to help me sort where I wanted them to go and when I said to leave them by the door he had the bloody nerve to tidy them up and stuff.

He looked knackered so I made him a cup of tea and we had a good 'yarn' as I have heard it called.

He had the nerve to tell me how to use the cockroach 'bombs' in the house and general advice on pest control.

Then, and this is terrible - he had the cheek to stroke my cat and be nice to him.

After that he washed his cup up and thanked me for the drink and that he needed it.

How the hell can he be so nice, what right does he have and why oh why were my boxes not ripped apart?

I need to calm down, where is the fight when you need one.:lol:

My movers where the same type of helpful pain in the arses!! Where shall we put this, shall we open this for you....

Cheetah7 Apr 21st 2008 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by justsarah (Post 6242417)
My movers where the same type of helpful pain in the arses!! Where shall we put this, shall we open this for you....

Seven Seas phoned twice after he had to check the driver had come on time and then to check that everything was in order.

Bloody cheek, I shall need counselling at this rate.:mad:

sdunx Apr 21st 2008 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Babycatcher (Post 6238206)
Just out of interest why are you on the Oz expats threads then?

good question, own property in Oz and UK and spend time between both (no I'm not lucky, set some goals, worked hard and took some intelligent risks which paid off), only popped on this thread as a wind up - was a bit too easy though, thought the welsh bint might have some sort of seizure! :blink:

WelshSarah Apr 21st 2008 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by sdunx (Post 6244919)
good question, own property in Oz and UK and spend time between both (no I'm not lucky, set some goals, worked hard and took some intelligent risks which paid off), only popped on this thread as a wind up - was a bit too easy though, thought the welsh bint might have some sort of seizure! :blink:

Hi! In reply, no seizure... Not that kind.:DNot a bint either you cheeky so and so!:ohmy:

Its a shame that someone of your obvious age maturity cannot help themselves but make school yard personal comments!!!:eek:

Shall I tell you how tall I am... Just in case you need to find someone your own size!! I love a debate on Ex Pats but the personal thing just disappoints me and shows what I feel is a lack of intelligence. :huh:

Get back to your business empire ( and the cream teas!!) and leave us happy people alone eh!!!
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

eddie007 Apr 21st 2008 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by sdunx (Post 6244919)

aka trolling:thumbdown:

WelshSarah Apr 22nd 2008 2:18 am

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 6245351)
aka trolling:thumbdown:

MMM... I thought so too!!!

What is it about me and trolls ... I feel like like a billy goat!!

Clickety clack, clickety clack!!!:lol::lol:

Hutch Apr 22nd 2008 4:19 am

Originally Posted by sdunx (Post 6227420)
Sorry to piss on your bonfires but this thread is a tad superficial, was slightly believable until I read the beauty above....... approx 300 different sorts of wildlife? Kangaroos, koalas, lizards, snakes, sharks, fish, dolphins, whales, wallabies, duck bill platypus (as if), jellyfish, kwokas, bilbys, fruit bats er er help.....enlighten us on the other 286 please? :blink:

takes cover - incoming!

Hmmm ... well according to the encylopedia, there's well over that in just mammals ...
A total of 379 species of mammals have been recorded in Australia and surrounding continental waters; 357 indigenous and 22 introduced[1]. The list includes 2 monotremes, 159 marsupials, 76 bats, 69 rodents (5 introduced), 10 seals, 3 placental terrestrial carnivores (2 recent and 1 sub-recent introductions), 13 introduced ungulates, 2 introduced lagomorphs, 44 cetaceans and 1 dugong.

Originally Posted by sdunx (Post 6230597)
However sunny Devon beats Oz (and Wales) everyday...

:rofl:

moneypenny20 Apr 22nd 2008 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 6246034)
Hmmm ... well according to the encylopedia, there's well over that in just mammals ...
A total of 379 species of mammals have been recorded in Australia and surrounding continental waters; 357 indigenous and 22 introduced[1]. The list includes 2 monotremes, 159 marsupials, 76 bats, 69 rodents (5 introduced), 10 seals, 3 placental terrestrial carnivores (2 recent and 1 sub-recent introductions), 13 introduced ungulates, 2 introduced lagomorphs, 44 cetaceans and 1 dugong.

:rofl:

Poor old Dugong:(;)

Sheilas Wheels Apr 22nd 2008 9:03 am

Oh no another awful day! met mate for coffee (bloody awful cappo and carrott cake!), put 4yr old into creche for an hour for a 'gold coin donation!' taking liberties or what!! Then home for Tuesday specials - pizzas for $5!! no cooking happy days!!!