British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   FAIR PLAY.. OZ IS IS BLOODY HARD WORK!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/fair-play-oz-bloody-hard-work-529992/)

WelshSarah Apr 17th 2008 12:29 pm

FAIR PLAY.. OZ IS IS BLOODY HARD WORK!!!

I dont know where to begin!!

My heels are as dry as hell.... wearing bloody thongs all the time!!!

My face too.... too much sun here... wheres the bloody drizzle!!

My skins turning a bloody gold colour.... that bloody sun is a killer eh!!

The midgey and mozzie bites are doing my bloody head in...bloody humidity

When i go to the beach every weekend I get bloody sand in my hair.. its not good for the bloody colour you know!!

And the locals keep talking & being friendly towards me... Bloody nice people keep me chatting for ages!!

This is a tough life... think bloody hard before joining in.....

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gonnago Apr 17th 2008 12:34 pm

Re: FAIR PLAY.. OZ IS IS BLOODY HARD WORK!!!

hmmm think I might stay then.

Mind you not sure the stillettos in Essex are much better for my feet.

WelshSarah Apr 17th 2008 12:35 pm

Or the white handbags.....

Health & safety and all that!!!:D:D

WelshSarah Apr 17th 2008 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by justsarah (Post 6222716)
Or the white handbags.....

Health & safety and all that!!!:D:D

For dancing around I mean!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gonnago Apr 17th 2008 12:39 pm

That and the bleach in my hair....its hard work being an Essex Bimbo ya know.

eddie007 Apr 17th 2008 12:54 pm

Oi

I'm an essex girl too you know?

Gonnago Apr 17th 2008 1:02 pm

Then you know what Im saying;)

winedonju Apr 17th 2008 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by justsarah (Post 6222675)

When i go to the beach every weekend I get bloody sand in my hair.. its not good for the bloody colour you know!!

And the locals keep talking & being friendly towards me... Bloody nice people keep me chatting for ages!!

That's it say no more....I'm calling the whole thing off:rofl:

Nice to see a bit of humour on the site.....everything seems to have gone a bit doom and gloom!

Personally cannot wait myself...roll on June...whoopeeeeeeee!:thumbsup:

PaulandNic Apr 17th 2008 1:13 pm

Oh and throw into that all the crap food (:rolleyes:), happy teens, bigger houses and all the rest!

God only knows why we come here aye?

:lol:

eddie007 Apr 17th 2008 1:16 pm

don't bother coming..... that's my advice...;)

winedonju Apr 17th 2008 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 6222950)

nice try:sneaky:But too late....I'm hooked.:thumbsup:

PaulandNic Apr 17th 2008 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 6222950)

Not arf!

Originally Posted by winedonju (Post 6222971)
nice try:sneaky:But too late....I'm hooked.:thumbsup:

Petrol is up to 70p a litre now! ... :ohmy:

Put you off?

Surely! ... :rofl:

winedonju Apr 17th 2008 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by PaulandNic (Post 6222994)
Not arf!

Petrol is up to 70p a litre now! ... :ohmy:

Put you off?

Surely! ... :rofl:

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm NO!:rofl:

eddie007 Apr 17th 2008 1:29 pm

lettuce $2.99 EACH:rofl:

winedonju Apr 17th 2008 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 6223020)
lettuce $2.99 EACH:rofl:

still no:p

eddie007 Apr 17th 2008 1:32 pm

Hows about it rains here too? does that work?

Cheetah7 Apr 17th 2008 1:36 pm

Now for me getting used to thongs was a mission in itself. I have never known pain like it - it felt as though I had a bloody twig between my toes and it was with enormous envy that I looked at the young and old alike walking in total comfort with ease in their thongs.

I felt quite jealous of Gobbyjock when I stayed with her, she would slip on her thongs as though she was born to wear them and move off at pace while I would be limping like a fat walrus. Surely this could not be normal? Perhaps there was special training to wear such things?

Well I managed to buy some 'stephen hawkings' shoes (as someone referred to them when they saw me wearing them in London), just sandals really and no, they do not look elegant in any way but they are bloody comfy. Mind you, I don't and never have looked elegant so who cares? - Thongs, Shmongs - you can keep them.

After getting burnt when Gobbyjocks dog licked off the suncream on my legs and I forgot to put it on my back, I have now learned that suncream after a shower is the new religion, as are total UV protection sunglasses and a hat. Although I now have an assortment of hats that I purchase each time I go out when I realised I have left mine at home.

Drinking water - well in London I never drank enough, hated the taste and had to force myself. In Australia, it has become compulsory - even though I gag when I drink it.

I managed nearly two large jugs of the stuff today and will admit to feeling more alert and awake, even though I had a bladder the size of a water melon and the toilet became my best friend.

My eyebrows have disappeared and gone white, my highlighted hair has just gone bleached and it took ages to wash the sand out of my ladygarden after I went swimming in the sea on Sunday.

It is a hard hard life, being forced to swim in the sea and look/feel so healthy, I don't know how I can stand it.

PaulandNic Apr 17th 2008 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 6223040)

£1.50 for a loaf of bread? ... :unsure:

PaulandNic Apr 17th 2008 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 6223050)
Drinking water - well in London I never drank enough, hated the taste and had to force myself. In Australia, it has become compulsory - even though I gag when I drink it.

Dunno how true, but I was told the Aussie drinking water (from the tap) is one of the cleanest / best for you in the world!

That SURELY has gotta put ppl off!! ... :rofl:

Cheetah7 Apr 17th 2008 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by PaulandNic (Post 6223063)
Dunno how true, but I was told the Aussie drinking water (from the tap) is one of the cleanest / best for you in the world!

I much prefer the cloudy water of London.:lol: I just love it when my kettle got furred up.

winedonju Apr 17th 2008 1:42 pm

bit of a 'dampner'....but no

winedonju Apr 17th 2008 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by PaulandNic (Post 6223054)
£1.50 for a loaf of bread? ... :unsure:

no:p

winedonju Apr 17th 2008 1:44 pm

Now for me getting used to thongs was a mission in itself. I have never known pain like it - it felt as though I had a bloody twig between my toes and it was with enormous envy that I looked at the young and old alike walking in total comfort with ease in their thongs.

I felt quite jealous of Gobbyjock when I stayed with her, she would slip on her thongs as though she was born to wear them and move off at pace while I would be limping like a fat walrus. Surely this could not be normal? Perhaps there was special training to wear such things?

Well I managed to buy some 'stephen hawkings' shoes (as someone referred to them when they saw me wearing them in London), just sandals really and no, they do not look elegant in any way but they are bloody comfy. Mind you, I don't and never have looked elegant so who cares? - Thongs, Shmongs - you can keep them.

After getting burnt when Gobbyjocks dog licked off the suncream on my legs and I forgot to put it on my back, I have now learned that suncream after a shower is the new religion, as are total UV protection sunglasses and a hat. Although I now have an assortment of hats that I purchase each time I go out when I realised I have left mine at home.

I managed nearly two large jugs of the stuff today and will admit to feeling more alert and awake, even though I had a bladder the size of a water melon and the toilet became my best friend.

My eyebrows have disappeared and gone white, my highlighted hair has just gone bleached and it took ages to wash the sand out of my ladygarden after I went swimming in the sea on Sunday.

It is a hard hard life, being forced to swim in the sea and look/feel so healthy, I don't know how I can stand it.

I like a challange:blink::rofl:

PaulandNic Apr 17th 2008 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 6223070)
I much prefer the cloudy water of London.:lol: I just love it when my kettle got furred up.

Oh mine is growing furr balls! ... :rolleyes: :D

Originally Posted by winedonju (Post 6223079)
no:p

The sea has sharks in it! ... :ohmy:

Ok, I'm sure you'll get a refund on your flights! ... :)

Outta here! ... WBG

Cheetah7 Apr 17th 2008 2:06 pm

Rains? Rains? That bloody rain and thunder kept me awake last night, hitting my roof.

I was all snugged up in my big bed, listening to the sound of the rain and it was awful.

It was even worse on the bus home from Perth to Freo today, there were clouds in the sky and the sea still had the cheek to look beautiful.

I shall need therapy to get over this.

tasmas Apr 17th 2008 3:16 pm

Funny post, made me laugh. Ladygarden, haven't heard that in years. Cheers:thumbsup:

WelshSarah Apr 17th 2008 11:22 pm

Its hard work having no time to just hang around the house on the weekends because you have to be at the beach, or in a barbi, or up the mountains...:p

When do I fit in the inside of the cupboards being cleaned and stuff....:lol:

eddie007 Apr 17th 2008 11:31 pm

Tha was a bloody beautiful thunderstorm .... best thunder I've ever heard... amazing!!!!

as for the lettuce.... I forgot to convert it back to pounds.... must be adapting...

Nope, don't bother coming to Asu and ESPECIALLY don't bother coming to Perth... aint worth the airfare...:thumbup:

WelshSarah Apr 17th 2008 11:35 pm

Exactly!! What the hell do I do with the money left over now im not buying overpriced bottles....

WelshSarah Apr 18th 2008 1:11 am

Originally Posted by justsarah (Post 6225729)
Exactly!! What the hell do I do with the money left over now im not buying overpriced bottles....

I suppose I could spend it at those bloody awful Surf Clubs dotted all around these bloody beaches we live 15 minutes from.....

I know the food is lovely, fresh and cheap, but theres only SO MUCH looking at the ocean you can do.....

thebaggos Apr 18th 2008 4:00 am

Yep, don't bother coming the beaches of Essex - Canvey Island, Clacton and Southend are much more appealing! Who wants to lunch at Broadbeach all the time anyway???

thebaggos Apr 18th 2008 4:01 am

Also, its a real nightmare cleaning the barbie out all the time!

PaulandNic Apr 18th 2008 4:40 am

Originally Posted by justsarah (Post 6225947)
I suppose I could spend it at those bloody awful Surf Clubs dotted all around these bloody beaches we live 15 minutes from.....

I know the food is lovely, fresh and cheap, but theres only SO MUCH looking at the ocean you can do.....

Yeah them surf clubs DO drive me mad! ... :curse:

Cheap food and gorgeous views! ... as I say it just gets me soooooo annoyed! ... :curse:

Wish I was back in the smog! ... http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/pinokkio.gif

Jackier Apr 18th 2008 5:06 am

Spending hours hunting for dishwasher salt in all the shops, only to be told the water's so pure I don't need it - they don't even make a hole for it in the machines.

What do I do with all the time I've got left when I'm not hanging upsidedown in the dishwasher trying to funnel all the salt out of that stupid bag into the tiny hole? :)

WelshSarah Apr 18th 2008 5:11 am

Originally Posted by thebaggos (Post 6226323)
Also, its a real nightmare cleaning the barbie out all the time!

Too true!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

WelshSarah Apr 18th 2008 5:13 am

Originally Posted by PaulandNic (Post 6226380)
Yeah them surf clubs DO drive me mad! ... :curse:

Cheap food and gorgeous views! ... as I say it just gets me soooooo annoyed! ... :curse:

Wish I was back in the smog! ... http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/pinokkio.gif

Paying £100 for Sunday lunch in a pub with the rain on the windows and the heating on... Soggy veg, overcooked meat, crappy service off some numbskull and HAVING TO purchase your overpriced bottle of house vinegar as theres no BYO.....

Oh I miss that!:D

PaulandNic Apr 18th 2008 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Jackier (Post 6226426)
Spending hours hunting for dishwasher salt in all the shops, only to be told the water's so pure I don't need it - they don't even make a hole for it in the machines.

We use (like most things cos we're poor) 'Home Brand' dishwasher powder from Roley Coles and it works superfine! ... :)

Originally Posted by Jackier (Post 6226426)
What do I do with all the time I've got left when I'm not hanging upsidedown in the dishwasher trying to funnel all the salt out of that stupid bag into the tiny hole?:)

:rofl: ... oh you'll find something. Maybe go visit one of the horrendously boring beaches and just sit and listen to the waves crashing down. Boring as hell, but I like to do it ... :)

PaulandNic Apr 18th 2008 5:16 am

Originally Posted by justsarah (Post 6226447)
Paying £100 for Sunday lunch in a pub with the rain on the windows and the heating on... Soggy veg, overcooked meat, crappy service off some numbskull and HAVING TO purchase your overpriced bottle of house vinegar as theres no BYO.....

Oh I miss that!:D

Like a hole in the head Aye! ... :lol:

WelshSarah Apr 18th 2008 5:23 am

And the complete boredom of hanging your washing

outside...

and its dry in about 45 mins....

I loved my dryer back in Wales, it was on 18 hours a day... which probably didnt cost me a lot more when the electricity went up by 22% AT ONE TIME!!

moneypenny20 Apr 18th 2008 6:08 am

You are surely taking the flamin P here aren't you :curse::lol: