Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Facts of Life - how were you told?

Wikiposts

Facts of Life - how were you told?

Old Oct 1st 2006, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Facts of Life - how were you told?

Originally Posted by dotnron
I was 16 years old and 3 months pregnant when my mother sat me down and asked if I knew how it happened. Told her I was pretty sure I knew.
My mother was raised in a very sheltered house and I'm pretty sure she was not all that clear about how she got pregnant 9 times.

Do you have a sister called Martha?
Old Oct 1st 2006, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

my mother has always baulked at talking about 'such things'!!!

Her explanation was giving me a tattered old book all about fruit flies, which was so boring I didn't read past page 1. That was my complete sex education aged 9.

I learnt all the real technical stuff in biology then the rest in 'human development' aged 17!

(My older sister got the same book before me and didn't bother reading it either....my mum to this day, swears it was sufficient and age suitable )
Old Oct 1st 2006, 10:27 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

My mum was very embaressed about that sort of thing and never mentioned it, maybe thats why I ended up with 5 kids of my own...
I am very open with mine though, I dont want them in the dark about something that is quite important, especially teenagers. I tell them that a girl can get pregnant even doing 'it' just the once. This is how sad my mum was, if there was something abit naughty on the tv she would jump up and stand in front of the tv covering it with her skirt...

Last edited by Andrew Cross; Oct 1st 2006 at 10:30 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 11:46 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Im 37 and still havent been told.Maybe we have no kids yet because ive been putting it in the wrong place all this time!
Old Oct 1st 2006, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
My mum was very embaressed about that sort of thing and never mentioned it, maybe thats why I ended up with 5 kids of my own...
I am very open with mine though, I dont want them in the dark about something that is quite important, especially teenagers. I tell them that a girl can get pregnant even doing 'it' just the once. This is how sad my mum was, if there was something abit naughty on the tv she would jump up and stand in front of the tv covering it with her skirt...
sounds like my mam, she used to switch over if any'naughty bits' as she called them were shownon tv
At 14 i worked as a hospital volunteer and a few of the nurses took me under the wing as it were and explained it all to me.
My parents view was if you didn't know you would avoid trouble.
After i moved away from home i tried tackling my parents about it and they said my mind was in the gutter because i wanted to talk about sex education. i informed my 2 sisters just before i got married but my brother at 9 was not interested in any thing. He found out the hard way when his first girlfriend got pregnant (he was 16, she was 15)
im totally honest with my 3 boys, they even know about periods (mainly mam gets grumpy and needs chocolate)
Honesty is the best policy with sex education
Mandy

Last edited by geordie mandy; Oct 2nd 2006 at 12:01 am.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brido
Im 37 and still havent been told.Maybe we have no kids yet because ive been putting it in the wrong place all this time!
:scared:

My mother told my sister in a 'talk' (only one) but I don't remember even being in the room. I must have been 6 or 7 at the time... What planet was she on?
Oh well.

On my wedding day, after me being sexually active for 7 years, she came up to me as I was getting ready to get hitched and said 'Can I just talk to you about contraception for a minute?'
Needless to say, that little conversation didn't happen.

I tell my children everything and am open and down to earth about it. My 9 yr old knows the whole lot... After I explained it to her and asked if she got it all (fully expecting there to be more qu's and answer sessions in the future) she said 'I'm fine on it all, but the 'in and out' bit is gross.'

Beautiful.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:11 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Its funny how some things come back to haunt you though.

My Mum warned me about boys and getting pregnant and the 'dangers of the penis' (so to speak)

Two years ago, some mates and myself were in a club and they had a male stripper.

He was a fit, toned African guy who could really dance and when he got his clothes off and flashed his meat and two veg, it was the biggest penis I had EVER seen in my life.

Seriously girls, just by looking at it, you would know that could inflict pain and one would have to have a beaver like a bucket to accommodate that comfortably - I mean, there are limits.

Anyway, we were at the front and when I saw his bed snake, I had a flash back of Mums 'facts of life' lecture.

Turning round to my friend who was equally scared of it, I said to her 'That is everything my mother warned me about'.

It was amazing how many girls back away from the stage when he got too close.

Scary, not a nice thought at all. :scared:
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:17 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
one would have to have a beaver like a bucket to accommodate that comfortably
Funny! Karma sent!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:20 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mackinnon
Funny! Karma sent!

My mates daughter asked why my dog had more teats than she had nipples and could she have puppies as well as babies.

'Ask your mother' Was all I could think of saying.

Oh my god, I wouldnt know where to begin if I had kids.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:42 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Seriously girls, just by looking at it, you would know that could inflict pain and one would have to have a beaver like a bucket to accommodate that comfortably - I mean, there are limits.
nearly spat my tea across the keyboard when i read this!!! pmsl!
i am sure there are plenty of girls who would give it a try!

My (rather odd!) parents didn't need to do 'the talk' as the facts of life stuff was it was just another topic of conversation in our house. lol that makes it sound as if it was talked about all the time but i am sure you know what i mean! Questions were answered when asked!

Tiggs
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 3:16 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

My mum had a fetish shop when i was growing up so i guess i never really had to ask about these things!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brido

Well, Brido, you'd be surprised. It's something that we are taught when takining sexual histories for infertility etc....some people actually dont get it right.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Honesty is the best policy with sex education
Mandy
Agree!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ElshaUK

I remember my Brother having a note sent home from playschool as he had told all the class the real name for his 'boy parts'. I can also remember him telling Dad that it was 'Daddy's tadpoles go into the Mummy's egg and then the tails snap off and they grow into frogs and then baby's'. Dad was like 'Close enough'!
I hope that your brother didnt get into trouble - it's the other parents fault for hiding "secrets".

Have a friend who's sister had to explain to her 3 & 4 yr old kids that the difference between boys and girls is that girls have a clitoris and boys a penis.

(Do a search for this on here - there were quite a few comments....basically, for those of u who aren't aware, all fetuses are female til about 9 weeks, in boys the penis is formed from the bit that becomes the clitoris in girls....not sure how ElshaUK's bro would explain that!)
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:35 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i found out the hard`way .the babysiter showed me i was twelve and she was 15,she told me she had fancied me for years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.