Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

F&^king QFF availability....

Wikiposts

F&^king QFF availability....

Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:06 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F&^king QFF availability....

Originally Posted by spalen
Mate, just an idea but in the past Ive not been able to get seats and they've "requested" them for me by writing to their "Yield " department and they free up some.

I got 4 return business class to USA like this on qantas even though when I phone up first they said "no freekin way" (for what its worth that was near enough 1million air miles)

So before you chip in or blag some - I'd ask them to see if they can write off and request the seats you want on the flights you want...
What level QFF member are/were you though? That makes a big difference with requests like that.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:07 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
What level QFF member are/were you though? That makes a big difference with requests like that.
platinum so maybe that made some difference but judging by the random nature of qantas service when I ring up you never know...
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:09 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
platinum so maybe that made some difference but judging by the random nature of qantas service when I ring up you never know...
Being plat makes a huge difference, I don't think it would happen to a lowly bronze!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:29 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

If considering buying points, Amex Platinum charge card will give you 75,000 reward points for the $900 annual fee. Those can be converted 1:1 with Qantas or indeed any number of airlines and represents an excellent return on points for cash.

Not to mention the annual full travel insurances (not those dodgy credit card efforts), free priority lounge pass, Starwood gold status, free platinum reserve credit card and all the other bits and bobs you get with it.

Have to not be an existing member though. I realise this may not be quick enough for this booking but certainly worth the mention as its a cracking offer.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:45 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Just checked again and got seats on QF10/52 (LHR-SIN-BNE most direct route 22hrs total journey) on 9th January...

Its a bit later than we would've liked (I'm now going for 4 weeks which is probably half week too long) - Perhaps we'll manage a side trip to somewhere nice to escape the old folks?

If miracles happen and later in the year there are seats at a better time I can always try a transfer (I'll have points to pay for that by then) - otherwise at leats we know its all booked...

WTF is it £240 in taxes per person?! Thats extortionate!!!!! (Was only AU$400 total for 3 of us in the other direction!)
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Just checked again and got seats on QF10/52 (LHR-SIN-BNE most direct route 22hrs total journey) on 9th January...

Its a bit later than we would've liked (I'm now going for 4 weeks which is probably half week too long) - Perhaps we'll manage a side trip to somewhere nice to escape the old folks?

If miracles happen and later in the year there are seats at a better time I can always try a transfer (I'll have points to pay for that by then) - otherwise at leats we know its all booked...

WTF is it £240 in taxes per person?! Thats extortionate!!!!! (Was only AU$400 total for 3 of us in the other direction!)
10/52 is the way I always go, just long enough in Singapore, and you connect onto the main flight from Melbourne so into London at sparrowf*rt.